BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > M2 Competition @ Nürburgring by Ringtaxi Driver Moran Gott

02-01-2019, 03:47 PM   #23
Dino355
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 SB BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87_LCI View Post
So... this M2C has over 500hp and the driver says it's faster than the E46 and OG M2...well I'm glad you're here to tell us these things...

"Chewy, take the Professor here to the back and plug him into the hyperdrive."
Moran is a good friend of mine and this car is totally stock, no mods.
Appreciate 1
      02-01-2019, 04:34 PM   #24
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by philisme View Post
If I'm not mistaken, the owner is called Victor and he is from Luxembourg. This M2 is not stock. It has Sport Cup 2 tires, and it's tuned to 526PS / 700 Nm.

https://www.facebook.com/shiftechlux...76997855669333
Quote:
So... this M2C has over 500hp and the driver says it's faster than the E46 and OG M2...well I'm glad you're here to tell us these things...

"Chewy, take the Professor here to the back and plug him into the hyperdrive."
If you check the comments section on YouTube, Both the owner and Moran confirmed that the car was stock at the time of this recording. When I asked the owner what was done to the car, he said it only had cup2 tires, full tank of gas and 3 people (including the driver). However, the car was tuned later on though. Here's Moran's reply to someone else:

Last edited by M-Pilot; 02-01-2019 at 06:19 PM..
Appreciate 1
      02-01-2019, 05:08 PM   #25
F87_LCI
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB F87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino355 View Post
Moran is a good friend of mine and this car is totally stock, no mods.
Seems to me that the car doesn't come stock with Cup2's.

= mod...and a pretty good one at that. Especially for a driver like this that can take advantage of them.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 05:13 PM   #26
Dino355
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

= mod...and a pretty good one at that. Especially for a driver like this that can take advantage of them.
Yup Cup2 tyres and 3 people in the car so one benefit is handicapped by the weight.
      02-01-2019, 08:19 PM   #27
Karmic Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:

So what if it has Cup2 tires

Cup2 enhances the car's traction limit but won't increase acceleration or make the car "handles well" by magic...improvements on acceleration and handling are inherited traits from the design and engineering goals of the car.

Last edited by Karmic Man; 02-01-2019 at 08:27 PM..
Appreciate 1
      02-01-2019, 08:30 PM   #28
F87_LCI
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmic Man View Post
So what if it has Cup2 tires
The fact that you have to ask this question suggests that you should save your money and never buy a set, lol.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 08:41 PM   #29
D22M2
Captain
Rep
Drives: Not a real M Car

Quote:
The fact that you have to ask this question suggests that you should save your money and never buy a set, lol.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 11:48 PM   #30
Karmic Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Suggest you upgrade to the Comp so u won’t feel salty all the time

What has the Cup 2 got to do with acceleration n handling? (Repeated question)
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 11:51 PM   #31
Karmic Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by D22M2 View Post
Get a comp and get a bigger laught troll boy
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2019, 02:07 AM   #32
GerardzM
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Think he is referring to the increase in mechanical grip due to the tire upgrade.

Better tire can provide better acceleration, lateral G's, times etc.

Still doesn't take away from the cars capability.
Appreciate 1
bplewis24188.50
      02-02-2019, 02:51 AM   #33
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
First it was the "500HP" now it's the tires. In the meantime, let's ignore the fact that the tires were cold, the car already weighs more than OG M2 stock vs stock and on top of that, there are 3 adults in the car. Despite all these, the driver (who is a pro at the ring) says it handles great, he didn't feel any weight penalty and it's a much faster car (comparing it to E46 and OG M2).

The real beauty of the M2C for me isn't even its stock performance. BMW could have made it slower than OG M2 from the factory and I wouldn't have cared one bit. I can spend $300 on a used BM3 license and add up to 100whp just like that on an M2C without any bolt ons. How much would I have to spend in parts and labor on an OG M2 to consistenly deliver the same amount of power? Oh I think the following thread answers my question:

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1487078
Appreciate 2
Robin_NL8717.00
Madmat50.00
      02-02-2019, 05:07 AM   #34
N & M
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

The one that will define a generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
Moran Gott, one of the best NR drivers(Apex Ringtaxi driver) drives the M2C @ GP Strecke + Nordschleife:

A very very capable and clean driver.

Cheers
Robin
The M2 was almost created by accident by it will define the current generation of M cars. Just imagine if more R&D resources were put on it at the start?
Appreciate 1
cptobvious2531.50
      02-02-2019, 07:18 AM   #35
F87_LCI
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
First it was the "500HP" now it's the tires. In the meantime, let's ignore the fact that the tires were cold, the car already weighs more than OG M2 stock vs stock and on top of that, there are 3 adults in the car. Despite all these, the driver (who is a pro at the ring) says it handles great, he didn't feel any weight penalty and it's a much faster car (comparing it to E46 and OG M2).

The real beauty of the M2C for me isn't even its stock performance. BMW could have made it slower than OG M2 from the factory and I wouldn't have cared one bit. I can spend $300 on a used BM3 license and add up to 100whp just like that on an M2C without any bolt ons. How much would I have to spend in parts and labor on an OG M2 to consistenly deliver the same amount of power? Oh I think the following thread answers my question:

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1487078
I have never said the M2C wasn't a great car, or that it isn't faster (albeit it only slightly for most driver's capabilities) than the OG. The fact is that there are many M2C owners on here that act like the car was created by God and that Jesus himself is co-piloting. When in reality, except for a handful of drivers like the one in the video at the start of this post, most don't have enough skill to actually reap the benefits of the changes. Seems to me that their are some M2C owners that are upset that there isn't more of a difference between their car and the OG. The blade of the "Who is salty" knife cuts both ways my friend. In any event as has been stated on this thread many times, both the OG and the 2C are great cars in their own respects and it's a bit sad honestly that people have to "defend" their personal preferences and modification choices to those who will throw stones in glass houses.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2019, 07:28 AM   #36
Madmat
Private
Argentina
Rep
Drives: Bicycle

Quote:
Quote:
Suggest you upgrade to the Comp so u won’t feel salty all the time

Quote:
Quote:
Suggest you upgrade to the Comp so u won't feel salty all the time

Appreciate 0
      02-02-2019, 10:35 AM   #37
F87_LCI
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Seriously? Read a book.

I suggest you start with:

See Dick and Jane Go to a Physics Class

and follow that up with...

Horton Hears A Who Give a Lecture on the Benefits of Mechanical Grip
Appreciate 1
cptobvious2531.50
      02-02-2019, 11:07 AM   #38
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I have never said the M2C wasn't a great car, or that it isn't faster (albeit it only slightly for most driver's capabilities) than the OG. The fact is that there are many M2C owners on here that act like the car was created by God and that Jesus himself is co-piloting. When in reality, except for a handful of drivers like the one in the video at the start of this post, most don't have enough skill to actually reap the benefits of the changes.
You don't have to be a pro driver to be able to talk about the car's capabilities. Also, the same thing can be said about many OG owners as well. Quite a few OG owners brag about their cars the same way or even go as far as saying it's the best M car ever. Do you think all those people ever tracked their cars or have ability to extract full potential of it? I don't think so. However, this is a forum and everyone is freely expressing their opinion and while doing so, there will always be counter arguments whether you like it or not.

Quote:
Seems to me that their are some M2C owners that are upset that there isn't more of a difference between their car and the OG.
Oh really? Sorry, I don't share the same impression as you. Never seen an M2C owner complaining there isn't enough difference between their M2C and the OG M2. People are usually aware of the differences and the car's potential. However, if there are such M2C owners as you describe, I recommend them to look under their hood to see the biggest difference.

Quote:
The blade of the "Who is salty" knife cuts both ways my friend. In any event as has been stated on this thread many times, both the OG and the 2C are great cars in their own respects and it's a bit sad honestly that people have to "defend" their personal preferences and modification choices to those who will throw stones in glass houses.
I never called you "salty" so you don't have to explain to me how you are not. However, the fact that "Anyone Salty about M2C" is still one of the trending thread on the OG M2 forum speaks for itself. At least some are honest and willing to accept it.
Appreciate 1
MDuckie93.00
      02-02-2019, 11:40 AM   #39
cptobvious
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C HS DCT

Quote:
Quote:
Seriously? Read a book.

:

Goddam! The forum is filled with comic genius today!
Appreciate 1
D22M21372.50
      02-02-2019, 04:28 PM   #40
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

It looks so planted to the road in that thumbnail. Love it.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2019, 05:12 AM   #41
Karmic Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Seriously? Read a book.

I know quite a bit about Physics...

How well do you know about it? Apart from knowing Dick and Jane...

To think that putting on a set of Cup 2 will instantaneously elevate the acceleration and handling of the car is beyond hilarious. Better traction, yes but not better handling.

May be BMW should just throw a set of Cup 2 on the M2C and label it the CS and call it a day

The Cup 2 will actually expose handling flaws more profoundly. Due to its higher traction limit whatever is not right will be exposed at a greater speed and more instantaneously...and Moran didn't find that!
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2019, 05:15 AM   #42
Karmic Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
I have never said the M2C wasn't a great car, or that it isn't faster (albeit it only slightly for most driver's capabilities) than the OG. The fact is that there are many M2C owners on here that act like the car was created by God and that Jesus himself is co-piloting. When in reality, except for a handful of drivers like the one in the video at the start of this post, most don't have enough skill to actually reap the benefits of the changes. Seems to me that their are some M2C owners that are upset that there isn't more of a difference between their car and the OG. The blade of the "Who is salty" knife cuts both ways my friend. In any event as has been stated on this thread many times, both the OG and the 2C are great cars in their own respects and it's a bit sad honestly that people have to "defend" their personal preferences and modification choices to those who will throw stones in glass houses.
And yet you took every opportunity to throw stones at the M2C when someone test drove the car said it's better than the OG M2

Someone defensive? You bet...and why would M2C owners (and would be owners) be sad...this is the M2C forum. I feel that you are though!
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2019, 06:55 PM   #43
ihbase
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90, e91, f31, f87

Quote:
Originally Posted by f30jprad View Post
Car sounds heavenly. I love how Moran is talking as if he's just sitting in his living room at home.
Agree, but too bad it is a soundtrack. You might as well be listening to a video game.

-Michael
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2019, 04:07 AM   #44
Dino355
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

I had a good chat with Moran the other day and in his opinion the Cup2 tyres are not really any faster than Michelin Pilot Super Sports on the M2.