BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > Who wants to take my Week 48 Build Allocation at MSRP?

11-06-2018, 11:05 PM   #1
jordantii
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 Sea

Who wants to take my Week 48 Build Allocation at MSRP?

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
So I am getting very close to pulling the trigger on a 2018 Alfa Guila QV. I really do need the 4 doors. We are only a few thousand apart and the 2018's are getting heavily discounted.

That being said, I am putting out feelers for my Build spot. I already have a production number and production has been scheduled. I spoke to the genius today and it looks like it will go into production on November 25 so delivery should be late January. We still have some time to change the build but I would say no more than 10 days from today.

The build is as follows:
HS
Dark Wheels
Orange stitching
DCT
Exec Package
No sunroof

Dealer is located in Tampa Bay Florida. I have a 1k deposit on the car. Car is MSRP.

Please PM me if you are interested. Please be a qualified buyer 680 FICO or better and can actually buy or lease the car.

As soon as I have a deal on the Alfa we should be good to go.

Jordan

Last edited by jordantii; 11-06-2018 at 11:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2018, 02:35 PM   #2
mikeric
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Spyder, 535i, XC90 T8

Good choice, welcome to the dark side.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2018, 03:01 PM   #3
MR RIZK
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW M2C

You will be back, just a matter of time
      11-07-2018, 03:03 PM   #4
ONLYA6
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 X3M '19 M2C

He'll be back after it spends 75% of its time in the shop. 😧

I looked at them as well but couldn't do it due to them being a maintenance nightmare.
      11-07-2018, 04:19 PM   #5
jordantii
First Lieutenant
Rep

You might be right. All of you. But dynamically the Alfa is on another level. the M2c would be my 18th or 19th BMW I stopped counting after the e39 M5. So the Alfa woild be a change. So, after 18 bmw's change might be nice. Plus many of the issues were with 17's while 18's have had most of the kinks worked out. Most of it being software.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2018, 04:31 PM   #6
cptobvious
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C HS DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordantii View Post
You might be right. All of you. But dynamically the Alfa is on another level. the M2c would be my 18th or 19th BMW I stopped counting after the e39 M5. So the Alfa woild be a change. So, after 18 bmw's change might be nice. Plus many of the issues were with 17's while 18's have had most of the kinks worked out. Most of it being software.
OP, have you seen this video?

If you get the Alfa, I want to see you upload a video at 7:31!

Saw one in the flesh the other day and that car looks like the absolute business! Ferrari engine can't be beat!
Appreciate 1
gnx759.50
      11-07-2018, 05:32 PM   #7
BlkSVT
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2c BSM, 2020 MB GLC63

Quote:
Having read this, I have to agree with you - do something different! 18 or 19 of the same make? Wow! Maybe it was time to try a different brand quite a while ago

Seriously, sounds like you have the means to switch to something else if the Alfa doesn't work out so well, but just think if it does!
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2018, 07:25 PM   #8
jordantii
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkSVT View Post
Having read this, I have to agree with you - do something different! 18 or 19 of the same make? Wow! Maybe it was time to try a different brand quite a while ago

Seriously, sounds like you have the means to switch to something else if the Alfa doesn't work out so well, but just think if it does!
Well I have 35 years of ownership. This includes multiple 2002's in my younger years, race cars and a car that never ran! I agree, it is time for something different. I have had a few other makes but nothing special. Miata, Evo X, and a ford van.

Plus I love Pizza!
Appreciate 1
BlkSVT388.50
      11-07-2018, 07:27 PM   #9
jordantii
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptobvious View Post

Saw one in the flesh the other day and that car looks like the absolute business! Ferrari engine can't be beat!
I have watched this many times. He actually left a few on the table but still fast! Not going to track it. She will be my only car for the next few years so long as I can get the deal I want.

Drove another one today and the stock seats are not great. The carbon Sparco's are absolutely sublime. Fit like a glove and crazy comfortable.
Appreciate 1
cptobvious2531.50
      11-07-2018, 08:21 PM   #10
mikeric
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Spyder, 535i, XC90 T8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONLYA6 View Post
He'll be back after it spends 75% of its time in the shop. 😧

I looked at them as well but couldn't do it due to them being a maintenance nightmare.

Yawn, this refrain is getting so old. Yes there were some teething issues for launching with such a short development time but that is old news.

I don't know why people that are "car guys/girls" feel like they need to degenerate cars that are different than the ones they choose.

I personally like all cars and have owned most non-exotic brands. I love the M2C but it also has its downsides. Anyway, as I said, that song and dace is both old and inaccurate.
Appreciate 6
cptobvious2531.50
BlkSVT388.50
Poffman493.00
      11-08-2018, 12:32 AM   #11
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptobvious View Post

I'm still waiting on Alfa Romeo to lend some journos this actual car and try it on the Nordschleife. Or better: Get a showroom model QV and let's see what that one can do.

Won't happen. At all.

But it's a great/nice looking fast car. But so is M2C.

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 12:42 AM   #12
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
I have watched this many times. He actually left a few on the table but still fast!

Are you being sarcastic? Francia is a top pro driver. I don't get what you mean I guess.

I'm just very suspicious about the QV being stock, not about his driving talent/driving skills....

Anyway, whatever car you'l be getting: enjoy it.

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 1
Al1969532.50
      11-08-2018, 05:38 AM   #13
CSBM5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Comp, 2011 M3, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
Are you being sarcastic? Francia is a top pro driver. I don't get what you mean I guess.

I'm just very suspicious about the QV being stock, not about his driving talent/driving skills....

Cheers
Robin
I think he was referring to a few spots where he overcooked an entry a tad and scrubbed some time, stuff like that. Rarely as in essentially never does even the best pro driver never leave some on the table in spots, especially on an incredibly long track like this one. Of course the flipside is that he may have gotten through a few spots without crashing, threading the needle just perfectly, that few could have done too.
2007 E91 328i Silver, slushbox, Eibach fr/E93 M3 rear sway bars, ARC-8
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 06:09 AM   #14
jordantii
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post

Cheers
Robin
No I am not. You can see his reaction a few times where he was upset with his line. I took this as him thinking he could have done better.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 06:10 AM   #15
jordantii
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSBM5 View Post
I think he was referring to a few spots where he overcooked an entry a tad and scrubbed some time, stuff like that. Rarely as in essentially never does even the best pro driver never leave some on the table in spots, especially on an incredibly long track like this one. Of course the flipside is that he may have gotten through a few spots without crashing, threading the needle just perfectly, that few could have done too.
Exactly this ^^^^
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 06:19 AM   #16
jordantii
First Lieutenant
Rep

Ok, remember I have been a BMW guy all of my life. The M2C is a great car. Probably the best in the line up. Hell I ordered one. But then I drove a QV and I encourage all of you to do so if you can. You will understand why dynamically the QV is so good.

I called Randy Pobst a couple of weeks ago and talked about what car to get next. We went over everything and he said if it were him, he would buy the Alfa, period. He has not driven the M2C and suspects it will be fantastic. The Alfa has it's downsides, infotainment tech is not as good as BMW and the brake by wire system takes a little getting use to. But they are powerful and have a stiff pedal. The sound of the motor is well, yeah!

I am a car guy. Raced, owned a high performance driving school and worked in Pro Motorsports for years. I know what I am doing.

Now who wants my M2C!!??
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 09:20 AM   #17
HPIA4v2
Major
Rep
Drives: F80, F86

If no one takes your offer, I am sure you'll get back the deposit, heck I cancelled custom order BMW once not even close to being highly wanted ala M2C and dealer just gave me back my deposit within a week. And that car already arrived at the dealer at that time.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 12:07 PM   #18
jordantii
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPIA4v2 View Post
If no one takes your offer, I am sure you'll get back the deposit, heck I cancelled custom order BMW once not even close to being highly wanted ala M2C and dealer just gave me back my deposit within a week. And that car already arrived at the dealer at that time.
I am sure of it too, just wanted to let folks know they can get a car sooner than later.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 12:33 PM   #19
HPIA4v2
Major
Rep
Drives: F80, F86

Too bad, too far from me

Also I am in no hurry maybe I just delay it even further to 2020 MY if my dealer has no prod-number by end of this year
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 12:59 PM   #20
billspreston
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G87

Quote:
I called Randy Pobst a couple of weeks ago and talked about what car to get next. We went over everything and he said if it were him, he would buy the Alfa, period. He has not driven the M2C and suspects it will be fantastic.
A professional automative journalist recommended you get one car over another without having even driven one of the cars? Seems a bit out of character, but I'm likely missing some context.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 01:02 PM   #21
jordantii
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPIA4v2 View Post
Too bad, too far from me

Also I am in no hurry maybe I just delay it even further to 2020 MY if my dealer has no prod-number by end of this year
Make a nice road trip!
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 05:52 PM   #22
jordantii
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by billspreston View Post
A professional automative journalist recommended you get one car over another without having even driven one of the cars? Seems a bit out of character, but I'm likely missing some context.
Yes you are missing some context. I was not cross shopping the M2C and the Alfa (there was no allocation for me at the time). I was looking at the M3 segment and asking him about his recommendations. Now Randy is not just an automotive journalist. He is a 2 time Daytona 24 winner and 4 time WCGT Champion. So, dynamically he knows cars. He also works with manufacturers with suspension development. So, he is my go to for technical stuff.

He did not say to get the Alfa over the M2C as he has not driven it so he could not give any info on it. However he does predict he will love it.
Appreciate 0