BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > What negative camber is everyone running?on lowered M2’s?

01-14-2019, 08:00 AM   #23
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by codylikerice View Post
What's your rear toe set at? Wanting to compare.
I posted my street & track settings above, along with stock settings to compare to.

Another note is these are in degrees and tenths. Some folks get this mixed up with degrees & minutes.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 03:35 PM   #24
rjn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Another data point:

Background: I've got Ground Control camber plates, and was running -2.75 on the street and track with zero toe for two years.

Observations:
1. Fantastic track wear - 3 events on a set of RE71 on an 18 square setup. No complaints, and easily more weekends left in them. Nice wear patterns, and lovely turn in.

2. Noticable accelerated inside edge wear on the street - 15K miles on the car by this winter's start, and starting to see cord on inside edge of stock Michelins. Usable tread on rest of tire. Not the end of the world, but seemed like I could do better on the next set of streets, so...

Changes for 2019: Marked the track settings, and took to my alignment guy, with instructions to see where we get to for a new street setting without jacking with the toe. Ended up marking another point on the plates at -2 degrees that has stockish toe in for street driving.

Planning on changing at the track once I get there and before I go home. New MIchelin 4S Sport for street use in the Spring. We'll see how it goes...

Rob
17 M2

Last edited by rjn; 01-16-2019 at 03:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2019, 09:01 AM   #25
ddk632
Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !

Here's my setup:

OG 2017 M2 6MT

Ohlins R&T w/Ground Control camber plates set in stock setting
Front lowered about 3/4", rear 1/2" (iirc, but close enough)
Camber is -2.2 degrees front, -2.0 rear
Toe is 0 front, 1/32 rear
Alignment was done after Ohlins settled and with brand new MP4S

Setup is for 90% highway plus trips to the mountains for spirited driving and occasional track days.

The turn-in is unbelievably quick and precise, and the car feels more stable at higher speeds (130+) than it was stock. Feels less wobbly/shaky. You still feel high speeds in this car compared to, say an M6, but with a small wheelbase, nimble car that's to be expected.

I love this setup and the alignment really transformed the car. So did the Ohlins!

Did all of this right before a 2000 mile trip to North Carolina mountains (Tail of the Dragon area).
Appreciate 1
Bee Pee1737.50