BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > BMW and BLG...

02-19-2019, 03:05 PM   #1
Razors08135i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

BMW and BLG...

I am located in Germany, bought a 2019 AW M2C and shipped it to SC with the free home delivery package... that’s what I thought. I drove my car to Frankfurt where BLG is located on 25 Jan 19, this was after speaking with the service rep and agreeing the shipment time is normally 4-6 weeks. I am scheduled to be in the states early March, so I was within the window of time expected.

Today I contacted BLG because my shipment tracker was still showing my car unloaded and pending contract. BLG promptly contact BMW Munich to find out a status and then things got interesting... i was told my car is being delayed because of legal issues. I quickly contacted the BMW Logistics rep and asked for clarification. Apparently the have recently renewed the shipping contracts and failed to submit the proper documents or verbiage to cover military service members and the customs exemption that is received. Now I’ll be arriving to the states without my M2C for potentially 4-8 weeks and no secondary vehicle.

I plan on contacting BMW Munich and seeing if they will provide any transportation assistance seeing there has been no communication in regards to this situation until today when I called.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2019, 02:39 PM   #2
Proctor750
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E30 M3

That's unfortunate - I was curious how this worked for military servicemen. Did you order through swope?
Appreciate 0