BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > M2 Photos, Videos and Builds > Owner Topic - MR from Czech Republic - M2 CSL Turbomeister Edition revealed

01-19-2019, 05:04 AM   #419
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
I also installed the self-leveling hub covers on the car yesterday. 5 minute job.

MR
They seem a bit RR/Bentley - ish for me, would like to see video of the M2 passing slowly with them on.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2019, 05:27 AM   #420
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
They seem a bit RR/Bentley - ish for me, would like to see video of the M2 passing slowly with them on.
Yeah I need to make something decent to show how it looks. I will put it on my to-do list.

For now it is waiting for the wheels, suspension and carbon fiber intake from Eventuri. The downpipes and sound kit are on their way so that will follow as well.

Also planning the roof, bonnet and trunk changes, and I have decided to spray paint the wrap design I have on my mind. More on that in a few months time.

MR
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2019, 06:24 AM   #421
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Current status of the car!

Intended upgrades:

Exhaust & tuning
Akrapovic titanium cat-back exhaust system (DONE)
Akrapovic catless downpipes (On their way)
Tune to add some flavor to the car (Planned)
Fall Line Motorsports F8X M2C Oil Cooler Guard (Waiting for groupbuy)

Wrap vinyl
Wrap design by Wrapstyle (Spring)
Spray vinyl wrap by Litchfield Motors (Spring)

Carbon treatment
Akrapovic carbon fibre exterior mirror caps (DONE)
Akrapovic carbon fibre rear diffuser (DONE)
BMW M Performance carbon fibre bonnet
BMW M Performance carbon fibre roof
BMW M Performance carbon fibre tailgate
BMW M Performance carbon fibre front side panel (maybe)
BMW M Performance carbon fibre front splitter (only if the car is not too low)
BMW M Performance carbon fibre kidney grille (maybe)
BMW M Performance carbon fibre engine cover (maybe)

Interior:
BMW M Performance steering wheel pro (DONE)
BMW M Performance pedal covers (DONE)
BMW M Performance carbon fibre/Alcantara interior kit (for shifter and handbrake) (DONE)
Autotechnic longer shift paddles (DONE)
IND red M1/M2 buttons (DONE)

Other
AST Suspension 5100 or 5200 set up (On its way)
BBS FI-R lightweight wheels with Michelin P4S rubber (On their way)
BMW LED door projectors (DONE)
BMW M Performance key case (DONE)
Front PPF by Wrapstyle (DONE)
Liteblox lightweight battery
M valve caps (DONE)
Move 788M wheels to winter and fit it with Nokian winter rubber (DONE)
Self leveling BMW M hub covers (DONE)
Source M2 CSL badge (Final cherry on the cake)

Last edited by MR.; 01-19-2019 at 06:30 AM..
Appreciate 2
///M Houbi1653.00
Robin_NL8679.50
      01-19-2019, 05:07 PM   #422
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List

Last edited by MR.; 12-13-2022 at 04:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2019, 04:25 PM   #423
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Prototype Akrapovic has been removed from the car and I am now running a full system from the first production batch. I reached 15K km today when the car was at Akrapovic. Exactly 11K after I picked it up and it got the prototype. It did some decent test mileage.

Now I need to burn in the new system again. So far no difference. Same sound track with the same set up. Maybe next week I will fit the catless downpipes and I will see how loud it is.

Also tomorrow some mirror repairs on the PPF at Wrapstyle in Zlin, and then it is waiting until the AST suspension and BBS wheels in March.

MR
Appreciate 1
CrazyK104.50
      02-18-2019, 06:24 PM   #424
warrenw
Food Critic
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 19 AW M2C, 21 M340i

Quote:
Prototype Akrapovic has been removed from the car and I am now running a full system from the first production batch. I reached 15K km today when the car was at Akrapovic. Exactly 11K after I picked it up and it got the prototype. It did some decent test mileage.

Now I need to burn in the new system again. So far no difference. Same sound track with the same set up. Maybe next week I will fit the catless downpipes and I will see how loud it is.

Also tomorrow some mirror repairs on the PPF at Wrapstyle in Zlin, and then it is waiting until the AST suspension and BBS wheels in March.

MR
Full system means catback, yes?
      02-20-2019, 03:30 AM   #425
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenw View Post
Yep since it is catalyst back so to speak. It is without catless down pipes.

MR
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2019, 02:22 PM   #426
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
It has been a while since I provided an update on my car. Today was a day I can share that I have fitted the catless down pipes from Akrapovic on the car.

The transformation is shall we say.... ABSOLUTELY MANIC... Oh my what have I done. I am not 100% sure I like what I did, but OK. It is a bit antisocial and completely mental.

Let's dive into the technicalities. Installing the Akrapovic downpipes took ages. Much longer than I expected. In total four hours! We had to really make some space to get them removed and then get the new ones installed. On the photos below you can really see the two OPF sensors (little pipes coming out of the stock down pipes) that are used to determine back pressure and are connected to the back pressure differential monitor system. For those who want to know what the sensors are. Here they are!

The initial run with the car was surprising. In efficient you don't notice that there are different down pipes on the car. All is fine and well, nothing out of the ordinary. Rev up to 4K rpm and there is no difference with the normal stock down pipes. Rev over 4K and the valves open... At that moment, the mayhem starts, wholy moly what a sound track.

The tune becomes even more ridiculous when you go into the Sport modes. The burbles and bangs from the exhaust under full WOT are easily felt in your seat. It is like getting a massage of vibrations that go through the seat. You are like What The Heck was that...

Being static and revving the car is louder in all modes (Efficient Closed, Efficient Open and the Sport(+) modes. It is just louder, a lot louder. I think even too loud, but more on that below. The biggest difference is under load. Booting the car is absolutely mental. The rasp in higher revs, endless burbles on down shifts combined with bangs in Sport+ is beyond mental. The combination of it all is just over the top.

Shift down after a touch of throttle and the burbles don't seem to stop. The full throttle rasp from the exhaust is one you will never forget and is top trump in the new sound track. It almost feels like a straight pipe. The ultimate chav knows now what he needs to buy. My god! The most interesting fact for me and that is something which I love about the Akrapovic exhaust is that it can be quiet when I want it to be quiet and comfortable, and it can be absolutely mental when you flick a switch and ask for it. Combined with the Bluetooth remote or Awron I have three modes which is great to play around with.

All in all, I will drive with this for a few weeks to do some testing for Akrapovic and then it goes back to the stock down pipes. It is a bit too much for my liking. I can see that people might love this kind of sound track to annoy their neighbors, but I am happy with what I had. At least it is cool what I am experiencing it now.

Oh and yeah a video is coming. I made a few quick blasts and had someone film it on a decent camera. Same camera we used when we first filmed the cat-back system.

MR
Attached Images

Last edited by MR.; 03-14-2019 at 02:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2019, 02:37 PM   #427
KSAF
Speed Demon
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: The Ultimate Driving Machine

Quote:
It has been a while since I provided an update on my car. Today was a day I can share that I have fitted the catless down pipes from Akrapovic on the car.

The transformation is shall we say.... ABSOLUTELY MANIC... Oh my what have I done. I am not 100% sure I like what I did, but OK. It is a bit antisocial and completely mental.

Let's dive into the technicalities. Installing the Akrapovic downpipes took ages. Much longer than I expected. In total four hours! We had to really make some space to get them removed and then get the new ones installed. On the photos below you can really see the two OPF sensors (little pipes coming out of the stock down pipes) that are used to determine back pressure and are connected to the back pressure differential monitor system. For those who want to know what the sensors are. Here they are!

The initial run with the car was surprising. In efficient you don't notice that there are different down pipes on the car. All is fine and well, nothing out of the ordinary. Rev up to 4K rpm and there is no difference with the normal stock down pipes. Rev over 4K and the valves open... At that moment, the mayhem starts, wholy moly what a sound track.

The tune becomes even more ridiculous when you go into the Sport modes. The burbles and bangs from the exhaust under full WOT are easily felt in your seat. It is like getting a massage of vibrations that go through the seat. You are like What The Heck was that...

Being static and revving the car is louder in all modes (Efficient Closed, Efficient Open and the Sport(+) modes. It is just louder, a lot louder. I think even too loud, but more on that below. The biggest difference is under load. Booting the car is absolutely mental. The rasp in higher revs, endless burbles on down shifts combined with bangs in Sport+ is beyond mental. The combination of it all is just over the top.

Shift down after a touch of throttle and the burbles don't seem to stop. The full throttle rasp from the exhaust is one you will never forget and is top trump in the new sound track. It almost feels like a straight pipe. The ultimate chav knows now what he needs to buy. My god! The most interesting fact for me and that is something which I love about the Akrapovic exhaust is that it can be quiet when I want it to be quiet and comfortable, and it can be absolutely mental when you flick a switch and ask for it. Combined with the Bluetooth remote or Awron I have three modes which is great to play around with.

All in all, I will drive with this for a few weeks to do some testing for Akrapovic and then it goes back to the stock down pipes. It is a bit too much for my liking. I can see that people might love this kind of sound track to annoy their neighbors, but I am happy with what I had. At least it is cool what I am experiencing it now.

Oh and yeah a video is coming. I made a few quick blasts and had someone film it on a decent camera. Same camera we used when we first filmed the cat-back system.

MR
What about the power?
      03-14-2019, 02:57 PM   #428
M2C_PLUS
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 Comp  [0.00]
2020 BMW X3M Comp  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenw View Post
Yep since it is catalyst back so to speak. It is without catless down pipes.

MR
Have you mapped your car now if you have removed your OPF's?

There is a M2C running akra downpipes and full Akra exhausts here in the UK.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2019, 03:06 PM   #429
Bloodynine
Private
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:

MR
Hi Marc,

Thanks for the write up. Sounds like the link pipe / cat back is the sweet spot then - as it can still be discrete in efficient and loud in sport +?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2019, 05:07 PM   #430
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSAF View Post
What about the power?
Stock power! I have not done a dyno run after the down pipes were fitted. I would need to go back to NL to do that to have a decent comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatWhiteM2 View Post

Only OPF sensor disabled nothing else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodynine View Post
Hi Marc,

Thanks for the write up. Sounds like the link pipe / cat back is the sweet spot then - as it can still be discrete in efficient and loud in sport +?
Yeah the fact you can be discrete in efficient and be a hooligan in sport+ mode is so much win. Also the level of transition between valve open and closed has now been fine tuned to the max. Really love the set up.

Still destined to hear that AA midpipe and the Remus. We are planning a local meet up with four different systems to listen to what we have. There will be a Remus, Lightweight, Akrapovic (full + downpipes) and Zaustworx.

Making video files of all of them so that we can offer a great comparison. The sheer amount of people with new exhaust is beyond mental. This is more than with the M2. Everyone is replacing their standard systems. BMW really lost their plot with the MPE in Europe.

MR
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 01:56 AM   #431
M2C_PLUS
Major
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 Comp  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSAF View Post
What about the power?
Stock power! I have not done a dyno run after the down pipes were fitted. I would need to go back to NL to do that to have a decent comparison.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodynine View Post
Hi Marc,

Yeah the fact you can be discrete in efficient and be a hooligan in sport+ mode is so much win. Also the level of transition between valve open and closed has now been fine tuned to the max. Really love the set up.

Still destined to hear that AA midpipe and the Remus. We are planning a local meet up with four different systems to listen to what we have. There will be a Remus, Lightweight, Akrapovic (full + downpipes) and Zaustworx.

Making video files of all of them so that we can offer a great comparison. The sheer amount of people with new exhaust is beyond mental. This is more than with the M2. Everyone is replacing their standard systems. BMW really lost their plot with the MPE in Europe.

MR
DM sent.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 03:48 AM   #432
doughboy
Major General
Rep

Nice write up MR.

I've just ordered the Milltek downpipe back system:

OPF replacement mid pipes with 200CELL CATS in place of OPF.
EC mid silencer (not race) & rear silencer with black tips.

I've gone for mid (secondary) CATs as I'll remove DP primary CATs in due course, so I'll need secondary CATs for UK emissions test. Having mid CATs is just like a non EU car anyway. Sec CATs are not very restrictive in any case.

Also mid CATs help to keep the noise down when removing primary CATs (as you know).

Just go to wait now...
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 03:51 AM   #433
doughboy
Major General
Rep

Quote:

MR
Have you done this by DME flash or an as yet "secret" method?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 04:03 AM   #434
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Nice write up MR.

I've just ordered the Milltek downpipe back system:

OPF replacement mid pipes with 200CELL CATS in place of OPF.
EC mid silencer (not race) & rear silencer with black tips.

I've gone for mid (secondary) CATs as I'll remove DP primary CATs in due course, so I'll need secondary CATs for UK emissions test. Having mid CATs is just like a non EU car anyway. Sec CATs are not very restrictive in any case.

Also mid CATs help to keep the noise down when removing primary CATs (as you know).

Just go to wait now...
Interesting set up and choice. Looking forward to how that sounds!

Quote:
Have you done this by DME flash or an as yet "secret" method?
ECU flash yes. Stock file with only OPF sensors disabled. The other method (not ECU tune option) is still in development. The aim is to offer something to the market by the end of the month, but testing hasn't finished yet so let's wait and see.

MR
Appreciate 1
M2C_PLUS1774.00
      03-15-2019, 07:28 AM   #435
M2C_PLUS
Major
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 Comp  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Cheers for the write up Marc.

Ordered my Akrapovic Exhaust this morning.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 08:04 AM   #436
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Excellent! Let me know how you like it...

For this of you wondering how my current set up sounds like:

MR
Appreciate 2
M2GT120.00
CrazyK104.50
      03-15-2019, 10:21 PM   #437
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

^
Sounds good!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2019, 02:07 AM   #438
KSAF
Speed Demon
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: The Ultimate Driving Machine

Quote:
Excellent! Let me know how you like it...

For this of you wondering how my current set up sounds like:

MR
Brutal sound in Sport+ mode with the Akra's catless downpipes. It's too loud for my taste. Im going to go with Akra's Evolution line and HJS downpipes with 200 cell cats!
      03-16-2019, 04:16 AM   #439
doughboy
Major General
Rep

Quote:

Titanium of course GWM2?. Exhaust mania this week...

I was looking at Leightweight, but having a contact at Milltek meant I got a trade price deal (-40%) so a no brainer for me...
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2019, 04:56 AM   #440
M2C_PLUS
Major
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 Comp  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Titanium of course GWM2?. Exhaust mania this week...

I was looking at Leightweight, but having a contact at Milltek meant I got a trade price deal (-40%) so a no brainer for me...
Yes mate, the titanium one.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0