BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > Quick first impressions review

02-19-2019, 07:29 PM   #23
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri1042 View Post
In every modern "adjustable throttle mapping" car I've driven, one mode seems to be the mode that the car was designed for. In my 340, Sport felt correct, Sport+ was fun but didn't feel natural, and Comfort felt like the car was being held back. The C43 I drove felt unnatural in all of it's versions of "Sport". My SO's 2.4L TLX feels right in middle-mode, and it's full sport mode is sort of a joke.

My M2C's Sport+ mapping feels correct for the engine. Comfort is for parking lots and driveways, and Sport is just there so I don't annoy my SO when we're out shopping.
Yeah, I don't really understand the point of multiple throttle maps, other than an Eco setting. They should be linear to be predictable and maximize the "resolution" of the pedal. If you want to go faster, you can just press down more.

My Z4M's Sport setting was way too touchy at the top, but nothing near as bad as my Mazda 3. That throttle is insane, I am pretty sure something like 40% pedal travel is WOT.

With that said, I have no idea what is the most linear one for the M2C. It might be Sport+. In the OG M2 I drove, Sport+ was way too much.

It reminds me of mouse sensitivity. Some people like crazy high sensitivity... but if you look at "pro" gamers, they typically use low sensitivity to ensure they still have fine control.
Appreciate 0