BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > My 2019 M2 Competition Build in Sunset Orange!

02-14-2019, 12:44 PM   #45
Karlosm2c
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by StavsM2C View Post
Karlos! Thanks so much man and for sure get the PPF. I did the full car in Suntek Ultra M and then put the CF wrap above the PPF on the front bumper so it was fully protected. I think gloss black looks great on HS but I think the CF will look amazing as well. Let me know what you do and if you have IG just follow the build...it's CSOUSAX603

Congrats on the M2C!
With all the money I am spending on other mods for my car I couldn't justify a full PPF wrap, so am getting the front end and side skirts done. They are also ceramic coating the whole car.
I am just putting in an email to the company doing my PPF to ask what the price change will be to have the roof and front bumper changed to a carbon wrap instead of glossy black.
I just followed you on IG. As soon as I get my car and start adding parts I will be putting some pictures up
      02-14-2019, 12:53 PM   #46
StavsM2C
CSOUSAX603
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 F82 M2C SO DCT+EP

Garage List
2003 BMW M5  [0.00]
2019 BMW M2  [0.00]
2017 BMW X3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlosm2c View Post
With all the money I am spending on other mods for my car I couldn't justify a full PPF wrap, so am getting the front end and side skirts done. They are also ceramic coating the whole car.
I am just putting in an email to the company doing my PPF to ask what the price change will be to have the roof and front bumper changed to a carbon wrap instead of glossy black.
I just followed you on IG. As soon as I get my car and start adding parts I will be putting some pictures up
Karlos,

I feel ya with the $$ flying out! I justified the wrap now without Ceramic coating because I didn't like the options yet for an Exhaust or CF front lip or rear diffuser...So I figured I'd spend that money down the road and might as well get the car protected first and make it turn heads since the sound doesn't do it yet!

Also HS looks like a nardo grey when wrapped in full Xpel Stealth or Suntek Ultra M
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2019, 04:20 PM   #47
Karlosm2c
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Karlos,

I feel ya with the $$ flying out! I justified the wrap now without Ceramic coating because I didn't like the options yet for an Exhaust or CF front lip or rear diffuser...So I figured I'd spend that money down the road and might as well get the car protected first and make it turn heads since the sound doesn't do it yet!

Also HS looks like a nardo grey when wrapped in full Xpel Stealth or Suntek Ultra M
Stavs,

Indeed. I have gone all out with this car as it's going to be a long term project track car, but it will be worth the money. I am driving my car to Germany in April to LightWeight Performance to get their full exhaust fitted. From what I have heard I am liking that exhaust note and I am having them fit the live data system in to the air vent also, which will also allow me to open / close valves, etc. As for the diffuser, a BMW dealership in the UK does great deals on M Performance parts (I have already bought my 763M wheels from them) and they can sell me the MP carbon diffuser for £580 inc vat and delivery, so I might go for that.

As for nardo grey I know what you mean. Before I ordered the M2C I cancelled an order on a new RS3 in nardo grey. So happy I made the switch now.
      02-15-2019, 11:16 AM   #48
Karlosm2c
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Stavs,

Do you have the front parking sensors on the fangs on your bumper? If you do, did they also wrap over this? I can't see any sensors showing through.

Karl
      02-15-2019, 04:41 PM   #49
StavsM2C
CSOUSAX603
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2003 BMW M5  [0.00]
2019 BMW M2  [0.00]
2017 BMW X3  [0.00]
Quote:
Stavs,

Indeed. I have gone all out with this car as it's going to be a long term project track car, but it will be worth the money. I am driving my car to Germany in April to LightWeight Performance to get their full exhaust fitted. From what I have heard I am liking that exhaust note and I am having them fit the live data system in to the air vent also, which will also allow me to open / close valves, etc. As for the diffuser, a BMW dealership in the UK does great deals on M Performance parts (I have already bought my 763M wheels from them) and they can sell me the MP carbon diffuser for £580 inc vat and delivery, so I might go for that.

As for nardo grey I know what you mean. Before I ordered the M2C I cancelled an order on a new RS3 in nardo grey. So happy I made the switch now.
Quote:
Stavs,

Do you have the front parking sensors on the fangs on your bumper? If you do, did they also wrap over this? I can't see any sensors showing through.

Karl
Sounds like you got most of it planned out! I heard the Lightweight system on IG on Phil's M2 and idk it wasn't for me but every exhaust is different.

The 763M's are amazing and I've been debating on doing them in GOLD for my car as I don't like black ones for my cars current contrast.

The front sensors are covered in the 3M CF wrap and they work just fine. I saw a matte HS M2c on youtube and it looked stunning! Maybe a thought for down the road!

Best of Luck!
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2019, 04:52 PM   #50
Karlosm2c
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Stavs,

Quote:
Stavs,

Karl
Sounds like you got most of it planned out! I heard the Lightweight system on IG on Phil's M2 and idk it wasn't for me but every exhaust is different.

The 763M's are amazing and I've been debating on doing them in GOLD for my car as I don't like black ones for my cars current contrast.

The front sensors are covered in the 3M CF wrap and they work just fine. I saw a matte HS M2c on youtube and it looked stunning! Maybe a thought for down the road!

Best of Luck!
I have to say I'm taking a bit of a gamble on the LightWeight exhaust. I know everyone has their own taste, but from what I've heard I do like it. They just released another little teaser clip on their Instagram feed: a HS M2C pulling away from their garage. I like it, but I hope it doesn't let my expectations down. The Remus exhaust on the other hand sounds horrible!

Agreed on the black 763M wheels on your car. I think they look better on the HS. Gold ones could look sweet for your matte orange 👌🏻

Good to know about the front sensors. Thanks. Still waiting to hear back from the PPF company on how much extra it will cost. Is your carbon wrap black or anthracite?
      02-15-2019, 05:00 PM   #51
StavsM2C
CSOUSAX603
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2003 BMW M5  [0.00]
2019 BMW M2  [0.00]
2017 BMW X3  [0.00]
Quote:
I have to say I'm taking a bit of a gamble on the LightWeight exhaust. I know everyone has their own taste, but from what I've heard I do like it. They just released another little teaser clip on their Instagram feed: a HS M2C pulling away from their garage. I like it, but I hope it doesn't let my expectations down. The Remus exhaust on the other hand sounds horrible!

Agreed on the black 763M wheels on your car. I think they look better on the HS. Gold ones could look sweet for your matte orange 👌🏻

Good to know about the front sensors. Thanks. Still waiting to hear back from the PPF company on how much extra it will cost. Is your carbon wrap black or anthracite?
Yeah I'm big on hearing the system in person or like really high quality videos. I've watched a bunch on Lightweight as it was one of the first out there. Remus and Eissenman sound good but I want to hear the Eissenman RACE version which IND will have installed soon as their done finishing with the front lip...Other then that I'd only do Akra or Armytrix and armytrix still doesn't have a M2C to do testing on and Akra is 5k so idk...

In the meantime I'm ordering the AA midpipe and I'll figure out the rest after lol 763M Gold wheels I think would look great on my color especially if I paint the Calipers Orange to match the paint.

I believe the CF is Black but I'll check when I'm home to see if it has an anthracite look to it
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2019, 05:13 PM   #52
Karlosm2c
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah I'm big on hearing the system in person or like really high quality videos. I've watched a bunch on Lightweight as it was one of the first out there. Remus and Eissenman sound good but I want to hear the Eissenman RACE version which IND will have installed soon as their done finishing with the front lip...Other then that I'd only do Akra or Armytrix and armytrix still doesn't have a M2C to do testing on and Akra is 5k so idk...

In the meantime I'm ordering the AA midpipe and I'll figure out the rest after lol 763M Gold wheels I think would look great on my color especially if I paint the Calipers Orange to match the paint.

I believe the CF is Black but I'll check when I'm home to see if it has an anthracite look to it
Trouble with me is that I'm too impatient. Still, me and the missus are turning it in to a five day road trip to Germany, so it'll be a good laugh.

You guys in the US will just have so much more choice with better exhaust notes due to not needing OPFs. And from what I've heard so far in Europe the LightWeight with OPFs sounds really good. I'm certainly not paying Akra money. I doubt it will sound much better with OPF either.

You should follow MMR Performance. They are UK based and will be fitting my brakes. Max (a former racing car driver) from MMR has just had his M2C project car back from Milltek and he told me they used his car for development and that they have a full system with OPFs removed and down pipes with high flow sports cat fitted. He says it sounds incredible and the car pulls much better. I should be getting a ride in it on the air field where their site is based. Should be interesting and I expect they will put some clips on Insta soon enough.
      02-16-2019, 07:10 AM   #53
StavsM2C
CSOUSAX603
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2003 BMW M5  [0.00]
2019 BMW M2  [0.00]
2017 BMW X3  [0.00]
Quote:
Trouble with me is that I'm too impatient. Still, me and the missus are turning it in to a five day road trip to Germany, so it'll be a good laugh.

You guys in the US will just have so much more choice with better exhaust notes due to not needing OPFs. And from what I've heard so far in Europe the LightWeight with OPFs sounds really good. I'm certainly not paying Akra money. I doubt it will sound much better with OPF either.

You should follow MMR Performance. They are UK based and will be fitting my brakes. Max (a former racing car driver) from MMR has just had his M2C project car back from Milltek and he told me they used his car for development and that they have a full system with OPFs removed and down pipes with high flow sports cat fitted. He says it sounds incredible and the car pulls much better. I should be getting a ride in it on the air field where their site is based. Should be interesting and I expect they will put some clips on Insta soon enough.
That's funny you mentioned them and the Milltek system. I'm waiting for a full on video and release of pricing because that system sounded amazing in that short clip they posted on IG

I'm impatient as well and that's why I may just get the AA mid pipe because that fixes 50% of the problem minus the diaper...but yes we do have more options and much less restrictions lol
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2019, 01:25 PM   #54
StavsM2C
CSOUSAX603
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2003 BMW M5  [0.00]
2019 BMW M2  [0.00]
2017 BMW X3  [0.00]
Updated Professional Pics

ENJOY GUYS!

FOLLOW ME ON IG AT

ICYHOTM2
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
M-Pilot4859.00
ChrisK4449.00
Karazy49.50
      03-26-2019, 09:32 AM   #55
StavsM2C
CSOUSAX603
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2003 BMW M5  [0.00]
2019 BMW M2  [0.00]
2017 BMW X3  [0.00]
VRSF downpipes, BMS drop in filters, spacers are coming tomorrow!! BM3 in the coming weeks!
Appreciate 2
M2GT120.00
mhanism277.00
      04-22-2019, 05:25 PM   #56
StavsM2C
CSOUSAX603
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2003 BMW M5  [0.00]
2019 BMW M2  [0.00]
2017 BMW X3  [0.00]
Vrsf Downpipes Getting Installed

New Soundclip And Videos Tomorrow!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
VIERsr2621.50
      04-22-2019, 06:33 PM   #57
StavsM2C
CSOUSAX603
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2003 BMW M5  [0.00]
2019 BMW M2  [0.00]
2017 BMW X3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernaut View Post
Wow, looks fantastic! I like the idea of the fangs in CF.
i LOVE THAT YOU CHOSE SUNSET ORANGE FOR YOUR M2C!
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2019, 06:08 PM   #58
StavsM2C
CSOUSAX603
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2003 BMW M5  [0.00]
2019 BMW M2  [0.00]
2017 BMW X3  [0.00]
Gintani crank hub

HEY GUYS SO I SPUN THE HUB ONLY 250 MILES INTO BEING ON STAGE 2!

THE CAR IS GOING UNDER THE KNIFE TOMORROW AND WEDNESDAY TO HAVE THE CHB DONE AND ALSO INSTALL THE VTT CRANK BOLT CAPTURE.

THERE WE'RE 2 INSTANCES WHEN KICKDOWN HAPPENED AND THIS IS PROBABLY WHAT LEAD TO THE BOLT BACKING OUT BUT I WENT INTO LIMP MODE ON MY WAY TO WORK ON THE HIGHWAY.

WORK IS BEING DONE BY TULLEY BMW OF MANCHESTER
23 HOUR JOB.....

I'LL UPLOAD MORE PICS AS THE INSTALLATION HAPPENS

CAR SHOULD EASILY BE ABLE TO HANDLE THE 600/600 MARK I'D LIKE TO BE AT ONCE THIS IS INSTALLED
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-13-2019, 07:23 PM   #59
GerardzM
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Wow really?!

That's nuts on such a new vehicle.

I've been eyeballing a Sunset Orange M2C myself but this is the sort of thing that can surely detract buyers.

Glad it's getting worked on
Appreciate 1
StavsM2C119.00
      05-13-2019, 07:35 PM   #60
StavsM2C
CSOUSAX603
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2003 BMW M5  [0.00]
2019 BMW M2  [0.00]
2017 BMW X3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GerardzM View Post
Wow really?!

That's nuts on such a new vehicle.

I've been eyeballing a Sunset Orange M2C myself but this is the sort of thing that can surely detract buyers.

Glad it's getting worked on
Oh I wouldn't let it distract you man trust me it's my fault I have almost 575 hp so it's worth it to me especially once you drive the car with that much power.

The car is amazing stock and If I was smart I would have installed the crank bolt capture and spline lock before I tuned the car but I didn't and that was my mistake
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2019, 11:19 PM   #61
GerardzM
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Oh I wouldn't let it distract you man trust me it's my fault I have almost 575 hp so it's worth it to me especially once you drive the car with that much power.

The car is amazing stock and If I was smart I would have installed the crank bolt capture and spline lock before I tuned the car but I didn't and that was my mistake
Ahh understood.

May took a look at one tomorrow and see if they try and take me to the cleaners with the trade.....many options to weigh.

Color is amazing. It's the only other color to pull me from my LBB....not that we have many options lol.
Appreciate 1
StavsM2C119.00
      05-16-2019, 03:20 PM   #62
StavsM2C
CSOUSAX603
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2003 BMW M5  [0.00]
2019 BMW M2  [0.00]
2017 BMW X3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GerardzM View Post
Ahh understood.

May took a look at one tomorrow and see if they try and take me to the cleaners with the trade.....many options to weigh.

Color is amazing. It's the only other color to pull me from my LBB....not that we have many options lol.
If you go SO it's the least ordered color and you can't get it for MY 2020! Mean's it's more rare and I truly think the best color to own for a M2 just like the Valencia was on the 1M!
Appreciate 0