BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > How do you get rid of burbles (popcorn sounds, pops/bangs/crackles) in a 2021 M2C?

04-23-2021, 11:51 AM   #23
robertm
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRicky View Post
Are the cold starts painfully loud stock? A bit worried about that
I've got the m performance exhaust installed so it's louder than stock. It sounds reallllllllllly good at start up I just would prefer it didn't due to circumstances. All it does is sound grumblier, there are not pops or crackles at startup, at least on my car.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2021, 04:18 AM   #24
NathObeaN
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition (MY2021)

Does anyone know if you use the BimmerLink app to close the exhaust flap whether it stays that way? I ask because I have a custom exhaust but using the stock actuators and with the flaps open I'll get kicked off tracks with more restrictive noise limits. I am wondering if I use BimmerLink to close the exhaust flaps when I go if it will stay closed or randomly pop back open after a while?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2021, 09:20 PM   #25
wahttf87
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathObeaN View Post
Does anyone know if you use the BimmerLink app to close the exhaust flap whether it stays that way? I ask because I have a custom exhaust but using the stock actuators and with the flaps open I'll get kicked off tracks with more restrictive noise limits. I am wondering if I use BimmerLink to close the exhaust flaps when I go if it will stay closed or randomly pop back open after a while?
Get CG precision controller and you can close it or open it whenever you want with remote synced with homelink. I close the valve and start my car if it’s early in the morning and open it back up later on the road.
Appreciate 0