BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > How much discount can you get on new M2C?

12-23-2018, 01:46 AM   #23
aerokubectl
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by aWanderlustSeoul View Post
BMW Beverly Hills had an M2C that was advertised with a discount under MSRP about 2 weeks ago. When I reached out it was already sold. Color HS and optioned with DCT, Executive Package, and moonroof. I didn't want the moonroof but I would of bought it since buying locally or within in the same state is less of a hassle since the dealer deals with the DMV. I think this specific M2C they sold had a 3-5% discount. It was definitely under MSRP.

I'll have to deal with the DMV again for license/registration for an out of state car. I recently moved to California and it's been a pain in the ass. I purchased the bike in NYC less than a year ago but it's not 50 state emission compliant (missing vapor canister required by California). I actually still have my NY plate on it.

I have an appointment to meet with an officer at the California High Patrol who is supposed to verify my Engine VIN and if the office is nice about it and approves it, then I'll have back another trip back to the DMV to complete the registration. I'm hoping to make only one more trip to the DMV for both the motorcycle and M2C.

On a side note there must be people in California that really really dislike New Yorkers. There have been multiple instances where I park my bike on the street and my license plate gets bent in half. Nothing else on the bike was damaged. I just had my plate bent again today when I parked in Santa Monica. The funny thing is that I'm not even originally from NY.
Sorry to hear that man! You should come out to the next meetup! Trust me nobody in CA cares about out of staters. A lot of people come from all over .

Beverly Hills BMW is good and they have no haggle prices but I got burned pretty hard with Long Beach BMW which is owned by the same company and refuse to give them my business.

Ended up buying from center bmw in Sherman oaks which is close to my house.

The DMV is pretty awful, best of luck hah.

I had a motorcycle license years ago but only rode for about a year. When it came time to renew my M1 license I swear I took the test at least 6 times and kept failing by 1-2 questions. Decided that motos are too dangerous and didn't renew the license. That test is full of BS questions like "if you run from the police what are the maximum penalties". To be fair I never bothered to study for the test lol
Appreciate 1
      12-24-2018, 01:23 AM   #24
aWanderlustSeoul
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M2 Competition HS

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshalygin View Post
Sorry to hear that man! You should come out to the next meetup! Trust me nobody in CA cares about out of staters. A lot of people come from all over .

Beverly Hills BMW is good and they have no haggle prices but I got burned pretty hard with Long Beach BMW which is owned by the same company and refuse to give them my business.

Ended up buying from center bmw in Sherman oaks which is close to my house.

The DMV is pretty awful, best of luck hah.

I had a motorcycle license years ago but only rode for about a year. When it came time to renew my M1 license I swear I took the test at least 6 times and kept failing by 1-2 questions. Decided that motos are too dangerous and didn't renew the license. That test is full of BS questions like "if you run from the police what are the maximum penalties". To be fair I never bothered to study for the test lol

Thanks! You're probably right but it seems to be too much of a coincidence of having it bent multiple times since I moved here. I never had any issues living in NYC.

I hear you about motorcycles and how dangerous it is riding in major metro cities. It was on my bucket list so I finally decided to learn and I've only been riding for about 3 years so still lots to learn. Since you used to be a fellow rider, I'm sure you understand how much different it is to ride on 2 wheels. Though it's risky and can be scary at times, I find it to be a good stress reliever. There's something about being exposed to all the elements and now I understand why so many riders reference to drivers of 4 wheel vehicles as "cagers"...not paying attention to driving, texting, eating, putting make up on, etc. Don't get me wrong, I'm guilty of some of the same things when I drive a car but it makes me more aware that most drivers don't focus and pay attention when they are "driving". Also there's just a certain type of pleasure being able to lane split legally and not waste so much time stuck in traffic.

BTW when are there meetups typically and is this through BMW CCA? I signed for the 3 year BMW CCA membership before I purchased the M2C just so I could get the $500 rebate.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2018, 03:59 PM   #25
JustinHEMI
Not great. Not terrible
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X3 M40i

The discount I received on my order was getting the M performance spoiler for free.
      12-27-2018, 09:13 AM   #26
aWanderlustSeoul
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M2 Competition HS

For US dealerships, there are 27 available on Autotrader and 42 available on Edmunds.

For anyone still searching dealer inventory before the end of the year, it would be interesting to know if you can get it at MSRP, 5% off MSRP (with no Euro Delivery), or any other discounts/freebies before the end of the year.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2018, 02:22 PM   #27
Kief
Major General
Rep
Drives: '24 iX50; '23 i4 M50

$1365 off, without even trying. Not sure I want an M2C however
'24-I20 iX 50; '23-G26 i4 M50; '22-G82 M4Cx*;20-G05 M50i*; '20-F82 M4CS*; '18-F80 M3CS*; '18-F80 M3CS*; '18-F85 X5M*; '18-G01 X3M40i*; '18-F80 M3ZCP*; '17-F80 M3ZCP*; '15-F15 X5*; '15-F82 M4*; '12-E92 335is*; '11-E70 X5d; '11-E89 Z435is*;'09-E89 Z435i*; '08-E92 335i*; '06-E90 330i*; '05-E83 X3*; '04-E83 X3*; '03-E46 325Ci* *retired
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2018, 01:01 PM   #28
chakatrain
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 328i x-drive wagon

Any clues to where I can find the ED 5% off allocations? My Bay Area dealers wont budge from their ED price of MSRP+$3k. Thanks!

Last edited by chakatrain; 01-02-2019 at 12:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2019, 12:32 PM   #29
billspreston
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G87

$1500 off in SoCal with the stipulation that deal was done before year-end. Dealer bumped their numbers and I saved a few bucks so we were both happy. That said, I still think MSRP is the target in this area for the time being.
Appreciate 0