BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > M2 Exhaust Trim

12-30-2015, 05:21 PM   #23
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by metrickid View Post
Big question is if it is Ti or SS...
Yup... That is something they did not want to say. I want a full kit with down pipes and valve.

MR
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2015, 08:32 AM   #24
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted View Post
First thing I did when I heard that vid was email Akrapovic. The U.K. Agent told me they will have an exhaust available from April/May. So should be the same everywhere.
Forum fellow Alden_88M contacted the Swedish Akrapovič agent last Summer. Here's his comment of Oct 15, 2015:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alden_88M View Post
Actually I was in contact with akrapovic like 3-4 months ago and got a reply from them saying this. So there is probably a system being developed for the M2 and to be released not too long after the first ones starting to roll of the productions band.
«Hello and thank you for your interest in Akrapovic !
As the Swedish agent for Akrapovic automotive systems, we received your request for this system. When the development time of each system is very long, there is a limited capacity how many new versions to be developed every year. From a BMW perspective we work at present with X5M system and then takes priority on the new M2, as in the current situation there are no plans to release something to the M235i in 2015. If this were to change, we will feed back to you with information.»
Does he have any update ?
      12-31-2015, 08:46 AM   #25
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzima View Post
Thanks! I have yet to see a price? Also, since the M2 will be my first BMW, is the MPE covered by the BMW warranty as the Porsche Sport Exhaust covered by the manufacturer?
Also, is it an option installed at the factory or at the dealer?
Thanks!
As others reported, OEM BMW parts, so BMW warranty applies + it's retrofitted by the BMW dealer (rather than fitted at the BMW Leipzig production plant). And be damn happy about that, because that means that you get/keep the original parts for which you paid (needless to say that steering wheel, exhaust, etc. ain't particularly cheap).

Porsche is smarter: they install most of those bits at factory and you can kiss the original parts goodbye - "your" original part will end up on another Porsche car (for which the other owner will pay). But of course it's presented as a bonus where you are supposed to be pleased about...

So, for sure, I like more the BMW approach: M Performance parts on your car and the original parts at home (with the possibility to retrofit these or sell these on as brand new).
      12-31-2015, 08:58 AM   #26
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E91 318d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Forum fellow Alden_88M contacted the Swedish Akrapovič agent last Summer. Here's his comment of Oct 15, 2015:

Does he have any update ?
Akrapovic isn't saying too much yet and won't release any details regarding material or type (slip-on, full exhaust etc), just the information above that it is a priority exhaust and will be released as close as possible to the car hitting the market.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2015, 12:10 PM   #27
Benzima
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Quote:
As others reported, OEM BMW parts, so BMW warranty applies + it's retrofitted by the BMW dealer (rather than fitted at the BMW Leipzig production plant). And be damn happy about that, because that means that you get/keep the original parts for which you paid (needless to say that steering wheel, exhaust, etc. ain't particularly cheap).

Porsche is smarter: they install most of those bits at factory and you can kiss the original parts goodbye - "your" original part will end up on another Porsche car (for which the other owner will pay). But of course it's presented as a bonus where you are supposed to be pleased about...

So, for sure, I like more the BMW approach: M Performance parts on your car and the original parts at home (with the possibility to retrofit these or sell these on as brand new).
Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, I like the Porsche "approach" better: I do not like to store unused parts at home, since I do not see why I should put back the regular parts(especially since they will be covered by the OEM warranty). However, I like the fact I can try to sell the original OEM parts to get some money back (for parts that I paid twice!).
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2015, 12:59 PM   #28
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:

Here in the US, if they are fitted by the dealer, you keep original parts but the car is not stickered with the performance parts, which can hurt resale (as any modification can), or leasing. But these things can also be port installed, which does show on the sticker and can be added to residual but you do not keep original parts.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2015, 02:16 PM   #29
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu View Post
Here in the US, if they are fitted by the dealer, you keep original parts but the car is not stickered with the performance parts, which can hurt resale (as any modification can), or leasing. But these things can also be port installed, which does show on the sticker and can be added to residual but you do not keep original parts.
This is my understanding too... if it is factory fitted (i.e. at the port), then you don't get the spare parts. If you buy them after market, you do.
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2012 MB C63AMG | 2011 E92 M3 | 2010 E92 M3
Appreciate 0