BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > 1-day driving school Hotel help!

02-28-2019, 08:13 AM   #1
damills
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

1-day driving school Hotel help!

A few months back I recieved a Thank You card from BMW. It stated BMW would like to invite me a 1-day driving school free of charge so I picked a date and called the number on the thank you card, I am on the east cost in Tennessee.

Its about a 2.5 hr drive for me, since I have been buying BMW's since 1995, I have never took the Performance Delivery or a 1-day driving school but now I want to try it.

If someone has suggestions where I can stay near the 1-day driving school track, I would really appreciate it. If you can supply information below would be great. I am not visiting the plant.

Hotel Name
Phone Number
Address

or a link to above info. Im going late March, should have already made reservations. Where to people stay for performance delivery? How far is the track from the plant?

Thanks

Last edited by damills; 02-28-2019 at 02:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2019, 11:11 AM   #2
orangeglim
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

Garage List
2019 M2C  [0.00]
Greenville Marriott is the one you want.
https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...ille-marriott/

Book online, using "BMW" as the special rate and things are a lot cheaper. Its maybe 10 minutes up the road to the Performance Center from the hotel. The track is directly across the street from the plant.
Appreciate 1
Poffman493.00
      02-28-2019, 02:07 PM   #3
damills
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeglim View Post
Greenville Marriott is the one you want.
https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...ille-marriott/

Book online, using "BMW" as the special rate and things are a lot cheaper. Its maybe 10 minutes up the road to the Performance Center from the hotel. The track is directly across the street from the plant.
When choosing the special rates option, click on Corporate/Promo/Set#, you will be prompted for a code, enter BMW and in my case the rates went from $217 per night to $137 per night, a $80 savings per night.

Since I am staying 2 nights, that is a $160 savings or equal to a good meal and gas for the trip. Thanks for the help, not knowing this, I would have chose seniors probably and would have paid $160 too much, IMHO that is what makes this forum and other forums very useful to us enthusiasts

Thank you SO much
Appreciate 1
Poffman493.00
      03-02-2019, 09:11 AM   #4
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

If booked, the other Marriott (Marriott, Westin, Sheraton) properties honor the discount as well. I'm in the Westin while my son does the teen driving school this June. Not as close but much more to do while he has fun.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2019, 10:50 AM   #5
NEfan508
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Do all new M owners get the invite?

I did Euro Delivery and was tempted to also do performance pickup but decided not to (SC to MA) isn't a fun ride in a new car without break in Maintence done

I wouldn't mind a bmw day with my son flying in & out 2 days
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2019, 01:10 PM   #6
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEfan508 View Post

I did Euro Delivery and was tempted to also do performance pickup but decided not to (SC to MA) isn't a fun ride in a new car without break in Maintence done

For me, for both my M2 and my M3 it came in the form of a cool USB key and a note card that if you didn't read carefully, you threw out (kind of says "thanks for buying your car, enjoy this gift and if you are dumb enough to keep reading, you can call us for a free 1 day class")

I threw mine out - for my M2 of course and then read about it here - I called but they never called back. Then for my M3, I read and kept the damn card.

Short story, it is good for a $849 credit -no hotel or pickup from airport. So you will need to pony up a bunch more cash for the M school, but it is better than nothing and can be used at either of the Performance Driving Schools (SC and Palm Springs) and works for the teen driving program - which does not appear to ever be done at the same time as a regular program.

HTH!
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2019, 01:17 PM   #7
NEfan508
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEfan508 View Post

For me, for both my M2 and my M3 it came in the form of a cool USB key and a note card that if you didn't read carefully, you threw out (kind of says "thanks for buying your car, enjoy this gift and if you are dumb enough to keep reading, you can call us for a free 1 day class")

I threw mine out - for my M2 of course and then read about it here - I called but they never called back. Then for my M3, I read and kept the damn card.

Short story, it is good for a $849 credit -no hotel or pickup from airport. So you will need to pony up a bunch more cash for the M school, but it is better than nothing and can be used at either of the Performance Driving Schools (SC and Palm Springs) and works for the teen driving program - which does not appear to ever be done at the same time as a regular program.

HTH!
When did the card come in? week(s) or month(s) after you took Delivery?

Mine is still on the boat on it's way still weeks away
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2019, 08:28 AM   #8
damills
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post

HTH!

I about threw mine away. I do not remember when I got it after in service date. I do remember I left it unopened for a while just thinking its nothing until I opened it and started reading the card. I think it did come with the silver BMW key-like fob USB stick

So glad I did
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2019, 10:21 AM   #9
NEfan508
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

I called BMW, they send out the package 30-45 days AFTER delivery, I asked is it sent out to ALL owners? Rep had no confirmation it's in a different department with no phone number or email?

I did Euro Delivery Feb 12, I'm responsible for payments now is this the delivery date or when it's in the states @ the dealer mid April?

I'm busy with work May-July, I hope the clock starts @ the Euro Delivery date so early April I can do the trip to South Carolina
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2019, 02:37 PM   #10
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

I got the free 1 day driving thing which was just a car control clinic valued at 750, not a full 1 day M school. This was back in Oct 2016 when I bought my 17 M2. We'll see if I get another one on my 19 M2C.

BTW why are you doing SC not Thermal CA? Seems like a nicer newer facility and better track.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 12:39 PM   #11
NEfan508
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
I got the free 1 day driving thing which was just a car control clinic valued at 750, not a full 1 day M school. This was back in Oct 2016 when I bought my 17 M2. We'll see if I get another one on my 19 M2C.

BTW why are you doing SC not Thermal CA? Seems like a nicer newer facility and better track.
I'm deciding on Palm Springs or SC, besides the school in SC what else is around? just BBQ? I think the trip to California 2.5 hour drive with a convertible rental doing the bmw complex, beach and resort near sounds best

Boston to Charlotte cheap fast flight but still a 1.5 hour drive in the middle of the armpit of the south (shorter trip) 2 days

Boston to Lax cheap too but still a long drive to the bmw facility, plenty of great places to eat places to see (longer trip) 4 days, flying with a 1 stop to Palm Springs sucks ass

I love California (been 10xs) but hate the time difference (west coast) I'm always up @ 4am no matter if tired or not, takes day(s) to acclimate, on a short trip I will be zombie'ish until the flight home of course...

Or go to Carolina with good health (still east coast) do the bmw class and fill up on pulled pork and ribs

Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 02:37 PM   #12
richard in NC
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 35i

A few notes for PCD or M Schools in South Carolina. A few airlines do fly into GSP (Greenville-Spartanburg) airport. Try Delta with a connection in ATL. I believe the Marriott will pick you up.

Besides BBQ, downtown Greenville and the surrounding area has a nice selection of restaurants and craft breweries. There's even a good German restaurant nearby.

There's also a nice park and waterfall right in downtown Greenville.

Lastly, you're not far from Asheville, the NC mountains, and the Tail of the Dragon, lots of great driving roads.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 05:59 PM   #13
NEfan508
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard in NC View Post
A few notes for PCD or M Schools in South Carolina. A few airlines do fly into GSP (Greenville-Spartanburg) airport. Try Delta with a connection in ATL. I believe the Marriott will pick you up.

Besides BBQ, downtown Greenville and the surrounding area has a nice selection of restaurants and craft breweries. There's even a good German restaurant nearby.

There's also a nice park and waterfall right in downtown Greenville.

Lastly, you're not far from Asheville, the NC mountains, and the Tail of the Dragon, lots of great driving roads.
Richard,

I love the south too, sorry about my comments (arm pit of the south) I'm sure if I go to Spartanburg I'll love every minute of it

Visions of some "good ol boys" in a red pickup truck with a confederate flag painted on the tailgate, I can overlook if the bbq is good...

Seriously deciding on what location is best for me, I like both
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 07:23 AM   #14
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmers & Porsches

I received a USB key and postcard (with the car control clinic) after my 2018 M2 purchase. Like someone else mentioned above, I almost threw the card away and only realized there was a free clinic after finding it in my desk drawer a few weeks later. I did not receive anything in the mail post M2C purchase. After a call to the Performance Center, I was offered another Car Control Clinic. I'll be driving up from Atlanta for a One Day M School end of March.

Last edited by devo; 03-24-2019 at 07:33 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 10:31 AM   #15
XRAVE
Rep
Drives: 135i

Wow, I have like 2-3 of those stupid USB's laying around. I wonder if they all came with the card.

I picked up my 2018 M2 a week ago so well see what happens.
Current 2020 X7 50i
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 10:37 AM   #16
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo View Post
I received a USB key and postcard (with the car control clinic) after my 2018 M2 purchase. Like someone else mentioned above, I almost threw the card away and only realized there was a free clinic after finding it in my desk drawer a few weeks later. I did not receive anything in the mail post M2C purchase. After a call to the Performance Center, I was offered another Car Control Clinic. I'll be driving up from Atlanta for a One Day M School end of March.
You mean you didn't get a voucher for the car control clinic but you called and they offered it to you anyway?
Appreciate 0