BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip > contisportcontact 3 vs sportcontact 6

01-10-2019, 07:29 AM   #1
GasBurnlife(landapanda)
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

contisportcontact 3 vs sportcontact 6

My rear SC3s are almost worn out after a few track days late in the last season, skid pad sessions and just enjoying some street shenanigans. Since I expect to get just another ~3k miles out of a replacement tire this spring, I was going to stick with the Contis for spring track days before upgrading to an R compound tire this summer. Is there any benefit in going to the SC6 tire in the back vs the SC3? They have the same rating on paper, and I am curious if anyone has experience with the 6s and if I'll get more traction out of them.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 08:57 AM   #2
orangeglim
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

Garage List
2019 M2C  [0.00]
I'm curious, why don't I ever read anything about the Conti ExtremeContactSport tires? I only see mention of the SportContact3 tires. On TireRack the ExtremeContactSports get better ratings than the SportContact3s, they are cheaper, weigh less, and they had a tread life warranty. I have a set of ExtremeContactSports on my M235i and thought they were excellent tires. I picked them up after doing a 2-day M-school at BMW Performance Center West. I was very impressed with how they did out there.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 10:12 PM   #3
ES BMW
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 E92 M3 ZCP 6MT

Same. I've had sets of Pilot Super Sports and the ExtremeContactSports were damn close in grip and ride quality, plus they're cheaper.

I'm a fan.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 11:44 PM   #4
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeglim View Post
I'm curious, why don't I ever read anything about the Conti ExtremeContactSport tires? I only see mention of the SportContact3 tires. On TireRack the ExtremeContactSports get better ratings than the SportContact3s, they are cheaper, weigh less, and they had a tread life warranty. I have a set of ExtremeContactSports on my M235i and thought they were excellent tires. I picked them up after doing a 2-day M-school at BMW Performance Center West. I was very impressed with how they did out there.
I think because they are not OEM tires and North America only. The Extreme is sort of their NA "value but still quality" line. The CSC6 is a better tire, but the Extreme should be pretty decent. I'd get the PS4S over either probably but I am sure the Extreme is better than the CSC3.
Appreciate 0