BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > "M2's sitting on the lots"

09-12-2017, 10:55 AM   #23
M2Gezr
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjclyde View Post
Congrats! So it was real after all. Good for you! And it's gone from the website now, so that tells me that ....

The 2018 LCI AW DCT, Exec, CarPlay is still - unbelievably - on the website - so it must truly be sitting on their lot waiting for a new home. Amazing that it's been there for almost a week now when there are folks on this forum waiting just to get an allocation.
It was real! I reached out to dealer about an allocation and stumbled across this M2 that the original customer back out of the deal. Right place, right time Car had all the M Performance parts on it which wasn't what I was going to order but I wasn't going to miss the chance seeing I can't get an allocation anywhere.

I'm surprised too that the AW car has lasted so long without someone snapping it up!
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2017, 06:43 PM   #24
OSee
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Gezr View Post
It was real! I reached out to dealer about an allocation and stumbled across this M2 that the original customer back out of the deal. Right place, right time Car had all the M Performance parts on it which wasn't what I was going to order but I wasn't going to miss the chance seeing I can't get an allocation anywhere.

I'm surprised too that the AW car has lasted so long without someone snapping it up!
Pretty sure the AW is long gone now. My car (exact same config) just crossed the Panama Canal so feeling a little better.

I’m guessing that too was an abandoned order? I’m thinking if it was a dealer config it would have probably come with sunroof.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2017, 07:43 PM   #25
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
I'm kind of thinking to ditch the potential CS purchase as the dealer i spoke with says there will be a markup and likely only 1 CS per dealer ...can you say bidding war?
yuck...i might get one on the lot but for the price i'm thinking just to order and Euro delivery would be awesome.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2017, 09:15 PM   #26
jjclyde
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCfromOC View Post
Pretty sure the AW is long gone now. My car (exact same config) just crossed the Panama Canal so feeling a little better.

I’m guessing that too was an abandoned order? I’m thinking if it was a dealer config it would have probably come with sunroof.
That AW at Beverly Hills BMW was available Saturday, but marked "Sold" on Sunday. Was there for almost a week. I agree (but don't know for a fact), it must have been an abandoned order.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2017, 01:06 PM   #27
Wharf Rat
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ...

I'd like to find one sitting on a lot, at a price I'm willing to pay. Haven't had that luck so far.

I'd also like to buy locally, if possible. I'm not opposed to widening my circle for the right deal, but am willing to let a local dealership earn my business.

Spoke with my CA today & he may have a November or December allocation available... should know by tomorrow. He has 2 incoming, but they are pre-orders.

They are asking for a deposit, which I guess is OK, but it will have to be fully refundable for me to consider. If demand is so high, there would seem to be no need to secure an order by deposit.

Haven't talked numbers yet, I'm waiting until they can produce an allocation.
Using the information gleaned from this site I have a good idea of what I'm willing to pay for one.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2017, 02:27 PM   #28
LeeInCT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F87 m2, iX D50

Hi Wharf Rat and everyone,

Long time lurker here.

I called around and put my deposit in for an allocation number about 2 weeks ago.

I was told vaguely that the number will be available for configuration/production at about this time frame as yours.

Is there any special thing about tomorrow? do BMW release the allocation number at a specific date and tomorrow is the day?

Thanks in advance.

L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharf Rat View Post
I'd like to find one sitting on a lot, at a price I'm willing to pay. Haven't had that luck so far.

I'd also like to buy locally, if possible. I'm not opposed to widening my circle for the right deal, but am willing to let a local dealership earn my business.

Spoke with my CA today & he may have a November or December allocation available... should know by tomorrow. He has 2 incoming, but they are pre-orders.

They are asking for a deposit, which I guess is OK, but it will have to be fully refundable for me to consider. If demand is so high, there would seem to be no need to secure an order by deposit.

Using the information gleaned from this site I have a good idea of what I'm willing to pay for one.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2017, 05:35 PM   #29
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeInCT View Post
Hi Wharf Rat and everyone,

Long time lurker here.

I called around and put my deposit in for an allocation number about 2 weeks ago.

I was told vaguely that the number will be available for configuration/production at about this time frame as yours.

Is there any special thing about tomorrow? do BMW release the allocation number at a specific date and tomorrow is the day?

Thanks in advance.

L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharf Rat View Post

It?s not 100% but they do tend to release allocations on the second Friday of the month.
Appreciate 1
LeeInCT85.00
      09-14-2017, 12:47 AM   #30
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, LBB, DCT, Exec

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
I'm kind of thinking to ditch the potential CS purchase as the dealer i spoke with says there will be a markup and likely only 1 CS per dealer ...can you say bidding war?
yuck...i might get one on the lot but for the price i'm thinking just to order and Euro delivery would be awesome.

BMW has never allocated M cars based on 1 car per dealer. They will do what they have done with other M cars, dealers that sell the most and are M centers (or whatever the term is) will get access to those cars. If they are really doing only 1000 cars for the entire world not every dealer in the USA will get one. I am thinking the CS will be a 20k premium or so over the M2 so that combined with the low production numbers means the vast majority of those who have been holding out for the CS will have to make other arrangements. Fact is if you are not a preferred customer on a solid dealers list you can't get one anyway. I got on my dealers list this time last year and I am number 2, I am not so sure they will even get 1 car and if they do the premium will likely be silly.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2017, 12:20 PM   #31
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pruettfan View Post
BMW has never allocated M cars based on 1 car per dealer. They will do what they have done with other M cars, dealers that sell the most and are M centers (or whatever the term is) will get access to those cars. If they are really doing only 1000 cars for the entire world not every dealer in the USA will get one. I am thinking the CS will be a 20k premium or so over the M2 so that combined with the low production numbers means the vast majority of those who have been holding out for the CS will have to make other arrangements. Fact is if you are not a preferred customer on a solid dealers list you can't get one anyway. I got on my dealers list this time last year and I am number 2, I am not so sure they will even get 1 car and if they do the premium will likely be silly.
thanks for the info. yeah i always take what they say with a grain of salt and then get better info on these forums. this really makes me want to just ditch any ideas about a CS because at that price i think i'd rather get a porsche lol
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2017, 12:44 PM   #32
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruettfan View Post
BMW has never allocated M cars based on 1 car per dealer.
This is not entirely true...the M2 Perf Edition in Canada was allocated exactly like that, with each dealer getting one unit. It was weird...
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2017, 02:24 PM   #33
chief1richard
Life is on the Track, the rest is just waiting.
United_States
Rep
Drives: At the point of 7,000 RPM's

Garage List
2018 M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by azfootdoc View Post
Just curious other peoples perspective on M2 availability now that we are into the 3rd model year. There have been 17 months of delivery since it came out in April 2106. I remember shortly before it came out people were saying give it a year and they will be sitting on the lots and able to be had below MSRP. I really wanted to do ED at the time but count myself lucky to have even gotten a car last May (Las Vegas BMW HEA car). What do people think will be the demand in another year and a half? I'm looking ahead and trying to decide on doing a MY 2020 ED or holding out for whatever might follow. Hopefully the resale market is still strong at that point.
There is a 17 Blue DCT M2 that has been sitting on South Shore BMW's lot for 2 months. Cannot believe no one has snapped it up.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2017, 02:42 PM   #34
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
too many DCTs..not enough manuals mates...
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2017, 04:37 PM   #35
Wharf Rat
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief1richard View Post
There is a 17 Blue DCT M2 that has been sitting on South Shore BMW's lot for 2 months. Cannot believe no one has snapped it up.
That's odd that they wouldn't list an M2 sitting for that long on their website.

Only available to locals? Priced ridiculously?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2017, 05:22 PM   #36
chief1richard
Life is on the Track, the rest is just waiting.
United_States
Rep
Drives: At the point of 7,000 RPM's

Garage List
2018 M2  [0.00]
Just informed as I went to pick up my AW M2 that 17 LBB just sold, and was actaully on lot for 6 months. Someone ordered it and didn't want it when it came in and it just sat on lot.
Appreciate 0