BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > TuningTech FS BMW M2 Dyno Tuning & Testing (ECU Flash)

Closed Thread

09-20-2016, 08:49 PM   #111
TTFS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2, F10 M5, E46 M3, E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWRT View Post
Though still a little skeptical about the results posted here, I'm interested to know if any further progress has been made since it's been 5 months.

In addition, have you tested the gains with flash on stock car on 91 Oct?

Thanks.
Though I am a little skeptical of your post. I will remind you that you are already following our M2 shop thread which has been keeping up with the testing of the car instead of this thread.
Appreciate 2
DrKevM52269.00
      09-20-2016, 10:11 PM   #112
SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTFS
Quote:
Though still a little skeptical about the results posted here, I'm interested to know if any further progress has been made since it's been 5 months.

Thanks.
Though I am a little skeptical of your post. I will remind you that you are already following our M2 shop thread which has been keeping up with the testing of the car instead of this thread.
Yes, sure, my bad, should've realized it's the same vendor in that thread where my question of how stock turbo is holding 21psi at higher rev range didn't get looked at.

Really an impressive vendor.
FSociety3810.00
      09-25-2016, 09:40 PM   #113
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWRT
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks.
Yes, sure, my bad, should've realized it's the same vendor in that thread where my question of how stock turbo is holding 21psi at higher rev range didn't get looked at.

21psi on stock fuel hardware sure they're not even close to maxing out FPL or FPH and yet it makes 10-15% more then a given M235 on the same oem turbo...hmmm

Pretty sure it's been proven already that the stock M2 ecu has been tuned to the limit by BMW to get 365hp. BMS has posted valid logs already and dyno charts and tuning the M2 beyond even map 1 yielded no gains as it wasn't making any more power. Period.

How the hell did they make 21 psi on their oem turbo

"Did the laws of physics sease to exist on their car? Is this a magic turbo?"

see what I did there
Attached Images

09-25-2016, 10:06 PM   #114
SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejan_
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks.

21psi on stock fuel hardware sure they're not even close to maxing out FPL or FPH and yet it makes 10-15% more then a given M235 on the same oem turbo...hmmm

Pretty sure it's been proven already that the stock M2 ecu has been tuned to the limit by BMW to get 365hp. BMS has posted valid logs already and dyno charts and tuning the M2 beyond even map 1 yielded no gains as it wasn't making any more power. Period.

see what I did there
To be fair making power and boost are different things.

Various vendors reportedly are seeing 370-380whp(assuming 330 from stock) at 15-16psi with only a dp and aggressive timing and 93AKI.

But there is no tricks to play in making 21psi from stock turbo - it just stupidly spin to blow. See how flat the curve they posted is all the way to the redline. Pure magic.
      09-25-2016, 11:42 PM   #115
wakeofdeath
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejan_ View Post

see what I did there

Look how long its taken them; they're waiting for Europe to upload files for them to buy
Appreciate 1
Jadar1752.50
      09-26-2016, 12:33 AM   #116
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejan_
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks.

see what I did there

Various vendors reportedly are seeing 370-380whp(assuming 330 from stock) at 15-16psi with only a dp and aggressive timing and 93AKI.

But there is no tricks to play in making 21psi from stock turbo - it just stupidly spin to blow. See how flat the curve they posted is all the way to the redline. Pure magic.
Exactly 360-370 to the wheels and that coincides with BMS claim, there is nothing more to be had for the M2 other then stage 1. Want more power, turbo swap is the path.

Totally agree making power isn't only about boost. But I'm so tired of these fake ass Hack tuners especially Enzo coming in here like they're rewriting the tuning world and posting doctored graphs man. Like we don't know what we're looking at. They buy the maps from Europe and upload into your ECU plain and simple. Only a select handful are legit and can truly write tables for these Bosch ECU.

Gtfo already with posting bs dyno logs. Give up some real world R&D and track times, slips, P box, v box data then we'll start sipping on that Kool-aid.
      09-27-2016, 01:54 PM   #117
Vtec Abuser
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i DCT

Quote:
Exactly 360-370 to the wheels and that coincides with BMS claim, there is nothing more to be had for the M2 other then stage 1. Want more power, turbo swap is the path.

Totally agree making power isn't only about boost. But I'm so tired of these fake ass Hack tuners especially Enzo coming in here like they're rewriting the tuning world and posting doctored graphs man. Like we don't know what we're looking at. They buy the maps from Europe and upload into your ECU plain and simple. Only a select handful are legit and can truly write tables for these Bosch ECU.

Gtfo already with posting bs dyno logs. Give up some real world R&D and track times, slips, P box, v box data then we'll start sipping on that Kool-aid.
Although that maybe a slightly aggressive way of putting it, I can't disagree mate..
430+bhp ATW!!!! Only the most naive would even begin to think that was possible.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2016, 02:04 PM   #118
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtec Abuser
Quote:

Although that maybe a slightly aggressive way of putting it, I can't disagree mate..
430+bhp ATW!!!! Only the most naive would even begin to think that was possible.
That's why this thread is dead. Notice how annoyed they become when "anyone" questions it whatever
FSociety3810.00
      09-27-2016, 08:50 PM   #119
DKX4///M
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4M CS

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Not sure if this is the appropriate thread but my question is why the complete lack of mention of VANOS. I am a tuner (My experience is with Japanese stand-alone systems) so forgive me if I am incorrect, but BEF or OBD Flash has the advantage of modifying Valve Lift/Duration and Cam Timing as well as Variable Ignigtion Timing that can instantaneously adjust, something piggy backs cannot affect...My experience with VVTL and VTEC along with common sense to anyone who understands even the most basic premise of a 4 stroke , Internal Combustion engine... tell me that huge gains can be made by increasing Lift and perfecting cam timing, duration while eliminating valve "over-lap"...

My question, am I right that VANOS is a more efficient more effective version of Hondas VTEC and Toyotas VVTL? Why isnt it discussed more? And does TTFS or any other BMW tuners tunes adress this system?
      09-28-2016, 12:05 PM   #120
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

Quote:

I've read conflicting information that with a JB4 and downpipes on a 93 map you don't gain much, maybe 15-20 rwhp which puts you 345 ish whp? How do you get to 370-380 whp?
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2016, 01:16 PM   #121
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower
Quote:

I've read conflicting information that with a JB4 and downpipes on a 93 map you don't gain much, maybe 15-20 rwhp which puts you 345 ish whp? How do you get to 370-380 whp?
Yes JB4 and map 1 setup and you're really maxing out the oem BMW tune and turbo with anything after that.

380rwhp is very ambitious. I'd put it right around 360-365. Dyno types will vary of course.
      09-28-2016, 01:21 PM   #122
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM3Power
Not sure if this is the appropriate thread but my question is why the complete lack of mention of VANOS. I am a tuner (My experience is with Japanese stand-alone systems) so forgive me if I am incorrect, but BEF or OBD Flash has the advantage of modifying Valve Lift/Duration and Cam Timing as well as Variable Ignigtion Timing that can instantaneously adjust, something piggy backs cannot affect...My experience with VVTL and VTEC along with common sense to anyone who understands even the most basic premise of a 4 stroke , Internal Combustion engine... tell me that huge gains can be made by increasing Lift and perfecting cam timing, duration while eliminating valve "over-lap"...

My question, am I right that VANOS is a more efficient more effective version of Hondas VTEC and Toyotas VVTL? Why isnt it discussed more? And does TTFS or any other BMW tuners tunes adress this system?
All I can really say is that vanos is extensively more complex. It's one of the Achilles heals of the N55 as far as tuning goes. It's more complex then the N54 and was immediately noticed when trying to tune it. I cant say if it's more or less efficient, someone with experience with both types you're referring to will have to chime in and elaborate.
      09-29-2016, 10:23 AM   #123
TTFS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2, F10 M5, E46 M3, E90 M3

Frank is out of town handling family matter but will personally respond to some of the questions asked here when he returns
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2016, 06:34 PM   #124
RPM2-85
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 AW

Interested in recent progress if any. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2016, 10:04 PM   #125
Bimmer28312
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW N55 335xi

This should be interesting.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2016, 08:43 AM   #126
nishmaster2k
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 6Spd, '98 E36 M3/4/5

I've been following this for a while, and the months without solid standard dyno sheets speaks for itself. The constant, "No time right now, but we're looking at it," type responses give me red flags everywhere.

Stay away from this one.
Appreciate 2
      11-02-2016, 08:51 AM   #127
BruceM
Major
Rep
Drives: '17 6MT MG M2,930,Jag XKR 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishmaster2k View Post
I've been following this for a while, and the months without solid standard dyno sheets speaks for itself. The constant, "No time right now, but we're looking at it," type responses give me red flags everywhere.

Stay away from this one.
Looks like Frank's vacation has been a long one.
Appreciate 3
FSociety3810.00
Jadar1752.50
      12-19-2016, 02:15 AM   #128
SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep

Just an update: I didn't get "personally responded" to. I am expecting that for my Merry Christmas.
NO_USER_537.50
Closed Thread