BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Allocation/Euro Delivery question

09-28-2015, 12:22 AM   #1
EstorilM
Cars, beer, hiking
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Allocation/Euro Delivery question

I recently put a $500 refundable deposit for the #1 allocation at a dealership in the area. The problem is I would be doing Euro Delivery in Sept/Oct of 2016 (getting married in Vienna), and wouldn't be able to order the car until 6 months prior (around March). How do I ensure that I am able to order a car around March? The dealer basically told me even though I am #1, they will have to move me out because I wouldn't be ordering right away.

Just afraid I will lose an allocation as I have to wait....Any suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 06:17 AM   #2
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Just make sure your dealer helps you out in such a way you have it on time, that is the only option.

MR
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 07:54 AM   #3
fuddman
Major
Rep
Drives: 528-maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by EstorilM View Post
I recently put a $500 refundable deposit for the #1 allocation at a dealership in the area. The problem is I would be doing Euro Delivery in Sept/Oct of 2016 (getting married in Vienna), and wouldn't be able to order the car until 6 months prior (around March). How do I ensure that I am able to order a car around March? The dealer basically told me even though I am #1, they will have to move me out because I wouldn't be ordering right away.

Just afraid I will lose an allocation as I have to wait....Any suggestions?
Cancel the wedding. Until the car thing is straightened out. She'll understand.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 09:15 AM   #4
Reedomn
Major
Rep
Drives: Lambo Huracan/RR Velar/C8

^^^
e36 M3, e30 M3........
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 10:05 AM   #5
pit1
Captain
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

You're EU delivery timeline will be different than the initial allocations.

I'm in the similar boat. Confirmed #1 on the list, but interested in Euro Delivery.
For what it's worth, my dealer suspects that initial orders may come available next month for US which could render a Winter delivery. (This contradicts what we've heard thus far about US builds)

If I wanted to to Euro Delivery Program, that would change things and I would give up the initial allocation and order once allocations become available for that program.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 10:10 AM   #6
EstorilM
Cars, beer, hiking
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuddman View Post
Cancel the wedding. Until the car thing is straightened out. She'll understand.
Hey, if I ask, I may save a bunch of money on a wedding that could be put towards the car!
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 10:12 AM   #7
EstorilM
Cars, beer, hiking
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pit1 View Post
You're EU delivery timeline will be different than the initial allocations.

I'm in the similar boat. Confirmed #1 on the list, but interested in Euro Delivery.
For what it's worth, my dealer suspects that initial orders may come available next month for US which could render a Winter delivery. (This contradicts what we've heard thus far about US builds)

If I wanted to to Euro Delivery Program, that would change things and I would give up the initial allocation and order once allocations become available for that program.
Yeah I am going to have to give up the initial allocation to people that want the car early next year. Just hoping that if they have say 3 allocations for the year and they sell 2, they will hold mine until March, as I have a deposit down.
Sounds like I just need to confirm all this with the CA.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 10:16 AM   #8
pit1
Captain
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

Yep. I have the exact same questions. We won't know the answers until we get expected production numbers. Would hate to give up my spot for the EU experience to then be left without an allocation at all.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 10:21 AM   #9
EstorilM
Cars, beer, hiking
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pit1 View Post
Yep. I have the exact same questions. We won't know the answers until we get expected production numbers. Would hate to give up my spot for the EU experience to then be left without an allocation at all.
Just emailed the CA. Ill let you know what they say, although it may vary from dealer to dealer.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2015, 11:54 AM   #10
hoyasaxa
Captain
Rep
Drives: GTI | 982 4.0

I didn't want to start a new thread, but I'd like to hear what you guys have to say.

I want to plan a European delivery trip for sometime between April - June 2017. I am hoping that is far enough out that I should be able to follow the normal ED procedures without worrying about whether a dealer has an allocation. What do you guys think? (But is it still true that ED M cars come out of allocation?)
      10-27-2015, 02:00 PM   #11
chmura
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyasaxa View Post
I didn't want to start a new thread, but I'd like to hear what you guys have to say.

I want to plan a European delivery trip for sometime between April - June 2017. I am hoping that is far enough out that I should be able to follow the normal ED procedures without worrying about whether a dealer has an allocation. What do you guys think? (But is it still true that ED M cars come out of allocation?)
Yes ED cars come out of the dealers allocations.

In rare cases and towards the end of the cars cycle they don't. I purchased my 2011 e90 M3 and it did not come out of the dealer allocations at that time and I got an amazing deal. I basically paid few hundred over ED invoice.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2015, 07:08 PM   #12
PackPride85
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

You'll get bumped until production will line up with your requested delivery date. I wouldn't be worried thought, its not like they'll get 3 allocations for the entire year. Should be plenty incoming after the initial ones.
Appreciate 0