BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > M2C (or other M Car) Delivery Delays?

03-23-2020, 02:41 PM   #45
M2Cmtl
Major
Rep
Drives: 21 Q7 & 22 4XE

Well, I was scheduled for a Friday delivery but the government is shutting down all non essential busineses as of Thursday for 3 weeks. As this point I don't even mind as I would be parking the car for the next few weeks anyways. I've driven 200 Km in the last 2 weeks. 17th of April is a realistic date now, but who knows!
      03-23-2020, 02:58 PM   #46
Sarg33
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by f31mtl View Post
Well, I was scheduled for a Friday delivery but the government is shutting down all non essential busineses as of Thursday for 3 weeks. As this point I don't even mind as I would be parking the car for the next few weeks anyways. I've driven 200 Km in the last 2 weeks. 17th of April is a realistic date now, but who knows!
That sucks, but rather pick it up when you can enjoy the experience.

Current: 2021 X3M
Gone but not forgotten: 2020 M2C LBB MT
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2020, 06:49 PM   #47
aeroglava
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2C, SOM, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by f31mtl View Post
That sucks! I talked to my dealer about this and there are some provisions they have and others are taking to still deliver the car (using electronic paperwork and transactions and then bringing the car to ones home). Is there nothing like that your dealer could do?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2020, 07:04 PM   #48
M2Cmtl
Major
Rep

I’m ok with it actually. My SA was more depressed than I was. Since I came back from Mexico recently, I have to self isolate until Friday. I will be much happier to take the car when the bulk of the storm has hopefully passed. I had a whole day planed out. Friday would have been a quick delivery with everyone at a 10 foot distance using Purell profusely and me parking the car home for 3 weeks. Hopefully in 3-4 weeks I get to do a proper delivery and stretch the M2s legs on a nice day with a nice IPA at my favorite spot as nice reward
Appreciate 1
Sarg33554.50
      03-24-2020, 09:41 PM   #49
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

Well, my car's lost.

It was supposed to hit the port in CA this afternoon. But, nobody seems to know if the port is open, cars are being run through PDI, or even being transported.

And my SA is in quarantine for two weeks.

I called and left a message with another SA-- the GM is supposed to call me tomorrow.

Sigh. Denver just went into lockdown for two weeks, so I guess it doesn't really matter.

R.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2020, 10:14 PM   #50
aeroglava
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
Well, my car's lost.

It was supposed to hit the port in CA this afternoon. But, nobody seems to know if the port is open, cars are being run through PDI, or even being transported.

I called and left a message with another SA-- the GM is supposed to call me tomorrow.

Sigh. Denver just went into lockdown for two weeks, so I guess it doesn't really matter.

R.
Oh man, sorry! Well, the good news is that it's not totally lost, right? I know mine processed through the port in Brunswick, GA. That port is still processing and trucking cars. So I would think it would make it out of California at least. The Denver shutdown is something else, however. I have heard of some dealers doing electronic closures and delivering the car, so there's hope maybe?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2020, 06:55 AM   #51
Jack yang
Private First Class
China
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Quote:
Well, my car's lost.

R.

Is the ship called oceanus leader?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2020, 06:56 AM   #52
Jack yang
Private First Class
China
Rep

Quote:
Well, my car's lost.

R.
BTW I am located at Norcal. My car should arrive at the long beach port today
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2020, 07:59 AM   #53
BigKutta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C, 2019 330xi, 2017 Q7

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Well, my car's lost.

R.
Around here, the dealers are selling on the phone and online, with all paperwork done remotely, and then delivering the car to you. Is that an option (once the car does arrive)?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2020, 08:02 AM   #54
M2Cmtl
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKutta View Post
Around here, the dealers are selling on the phone and online, with all paperwork done remotely, and then delivering the car to you. Is that an option (once the car does arrive)?
When I called the insurance yesterday to change the delivery date, the guy told me some dealers are doing just that. My SA didn't offer anything like that.
      03-25-2020, 09:11 AM   #55
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack yang View Post
Is the ship called oceanus leader?
No idea on the ship name-- I haven't been tracking it.

I'll see what the GM says. Between the port may or may not being open, the PDI may or may not be operating, the transport from CA to CO may or may not be happening, the dealership may or may not be shut down, and my SA in quarantine, it's a bit tough to get any information at the moment.

I'll wait until later this afternoon for a call back. If I don't hear anything, I'll reach out.

This is NOT how I thought my delivery would go when I placed the Allocation order!

R.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2020, 09:26 AM   #56
BigKutta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C, 2019 330xi, 2017 Q7

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
No idea on the ship name-- I haven't been tracking it.

I'll see what the GM says. Between the port may or may not being open, the PDI may or may not be operating, the transport from CA to CO may or may not be happening, the dealership may or may not be shut down, and my SA in quarantine, it's a bit tough to get any information at the moment.

I'll wait until later this afternoon for a call back. If I don't hear anything, I'll reach out.

This is NOT how I thought my delivery would go when I placed the Allocation order!

R.
Its ok, this is a once in a lifetime event so no one could've predicted this. When you do get it (and you will), you'll always have a story to tell about this beast. Life always works in mysterious ways man, I picked up my M2C in December when I wasn't even in the market for maybe a 6-9 months more, just some weird scenario and the right car showing up led to it. Now I'm just glad that I went for it. Looking back, i'm sure that happened for a reason too. One kid will be driving soon, and another unexpectedly came home (colleges online) for the next 5 months, so yeah we would have been fighting over cars...
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2020, 09:29 AM   #57
M2Cmtl
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKutta View Post
Its ok, this is a once in a lifetime event so no one could've predicted this. When you do get it (and you will), you'll always have a story to tell about this beast.
My thoughts exactly. I think we can all agree that these are champagne problems as well...
      03-25-2020, 03:16 PM   #58
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep

My cars found-- it only took four calls to the dealer.

Yay.

It's on the Oceanus Leader (?) and is scheduled to hit Port Hueneme tomorrow (26 March).

The Denver dealer says that everything at the port and associated transport are up and running, so it should be here in Denver the first week on April.

Of course, I'm flying that week-- figures.

So, the plan *at the moment* is to pick up the car the afternoon of 6 April, work on installing a few body parts (IND reflector delete, etc) on 7 April, and turn it over to the paint correction/PPF guys on 8-9 April.

I told the dealer that since my original SA's in quarantine, to put in BIG BOLD LETTERS to A) NOT drill the front bumper and B) leave all packaging/paint protection on the car and C) do NOT wash it-- That's how the paint guys want the car.

I'm out of town 10-14 April, so it'll just sit in the garage until I get back, then the first thing I'll do is paint the exhaust udder.

Plan? Meet house of cards.

But at least it's something to look forward to!

R.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2020, 05:45 PM   #59
aeroglava
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

Yay.

It's on the Oceanus Leader (?) and is scheduled to hit Port Hueneme tomorrow (26 March).

The Denver dealer says that everything at the port and associated transport are up and running, so it should be here in Denver the first week on April.

So, the plan *at the moment* is to pick up the car the afternoon of 6 April, work on installing a few body parts (IND reflector delete, etc) on 7 April, and turn it over to the paint correction/PPF guys on 8-9 April.

I told the dealer that since my original SA's in quarantine, to put in BIG BOLD LETTERS to A) NOT drill the front bumper and B) leave all packaging/paint protection on the car and C) do NOT wash it-- That's how the paint guys want the car.

I'm out of town 10-14 April, so it'll just sit in the garage until I get back, then the first thing I'll do is paint the exhaust udder.

R.
I'm so glad that you were able to track it down and it's on its way! Sounds like it'll be hitting the shore tomorrow, so that's awesome. All of this has been quite crazy for me as well and I can say it's been a unique experience...just not sure I have enjoyed the order process entirely. It'll all be worth it though once we are looking at all of this in our rear view mirrors.
Appreciate 1
flybigjet6697.50
      03-25-2020, 05:57 PM   #60
Jack yang
Private First Class
China
Rep

Quote:

Yay.

R.
That is great, the dealers in CA are all closed. Maybe my car will just sit at the port
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2020, 06:36 PM   #61
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep

Colorado just shut down.

The mayor shut down Denver two days ago. Then the suburbs went into lockdown yesterday.

Today, the Governor locked down the state until the end of April.

Not sure how that's going to affect things. I'll ask on Monday I guess.

R.

Last edited by flybigjet; 03-25-2020 at 09:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2020, 06:48 PM   #62
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Colorado just shut down.

The mayor shut down Denver two days ago. Then the suburbs went into lockdown yesterday.

Today, the Governor locked down the state until 11 April.

R.
I guess you can make the argument with your dealer that getting your car should be considered essential services...what if you're a doctor and you need a car to commute to work, or just a regular joe that needs transportation to the grocery store?

Just make sure you're practicing good social distancing during delivery. Your CA should just throw you the keys 10 feet away from you
      03-26-2020, 02:36 AM   #63
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Some of the auto dealers here in NY are only open for service, sales are closed for the foreseeable future.

So if some of you still have the privilege of purchasing a new car, consider yourself lucky.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 08:01 AM   #64
M2Cmtl
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
Just make sure you're practicing good social distancing during delivery. Your CA should just throw you the keys 10 feet away from you
Just don't forget to dip them in purell
      03-30-2020, 10:13 PM   #65
aeroglava
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Colorado just shut down.

Today, the Governor locked down the state until the end of April.

R.

Hey, man how are things going on your front?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 10:46 PM   #66
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroglava View Post
Hey, man how are things going on your front?
Called today, they never called back-- which has become the norm.

For a dealership with nothing going on in the midst of this CV thing, they're sure not very good at returning phone calls.

My original SA was great at communication, but he's at home on quarantine.

I'll call tomorrow (Tues). But I'm getting ready to escalate to the GM. NOBODY is buying expensive cars, and considering I'm going to write them a fairly large check, you'd think they'd be interested in at least keeping me in the loop.

Rant: Off.
Appreciate 1