BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip > Essex/AP Racing Brakes Black Friday 2019 Sales Event!

11-15-2019, 02:56 PM   #1
jritt@essex
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: e90 335i, NSX, 997.2, 987.1

Essex/AP Racing Brakes Black Friday 2019 Sales Event!

We'd like to share some exciting news with all of our BMW friends. For the first time ever, Essex will be offering a substantial discount on our complete line of AP Racing Brake Kits! If you place a brake kit order with us between Black Friday and Cyber Monday, you’ll receive 10% off. This offer is valid on our complete line of Competition Brake Kits, 2-piece J Hook Disc Kits, and our newly released AP Racing by Essex Road Brake Kits. While 10% may not initially sound like much compared to some of the bloated, bait-and-switch discount offers you’ll see this holiday season, it equates to over $1,000 in total savings on some of our larger front/rear applications!

We’ve fortunately never been in a position where we’ve needed to discount our brake kits, and to be quite honest, we’re still not. However, as awareness about our brake solutions has grown, we’ve been receiving more and more requests for some type of special sales event. We figured Black Friday was as good a time as any to have a go at it, so here we are. Hopefully this event makes owning one of our kits a possibility for those of you who have been patiently waiting for the right moment to take the plunge. We have no plans to make this an annual ‘thing’, nor do we anticipate offering this type of savings anytime again in the foreseeable future. In summary, get ‘em while the gettin’s good!

Additionally, we’ll be offering 10% off on all AP Racing Brake Fluids, with no limit on the purchase quantity. So be sure to grab some fresh fluid to go along with your shiny new brake kit.

Finally, our physical office location will be closed on Friday, but online orders will be available. We'd encourage you to please place your order online, and if you need any assistance we'll be sure to lend a helping hand when we're back in the office on Cyber Monday. If you have any questions beforehand, feel free to contact us at 704-824-6030 or sales@essexparts.com

Thank you very much for your continued support, and please be sure to share this info with all of your car buddies!

Check out our M2 Goodies here:https://www.essexparts.com/my-vehicle/2017/BMW/M2/All

Check out our M2 Competition Goodies here:
https://www.essexparts.com/my-vehicl...ompetition/All

Appreciate 1
M2guru374.50
      11-15-2019, 08:44 PM   #2
bentom2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

jritt@essex -How is the discount extended? Is there a coupon code, or will the website be updated to reflect the discount, discount during checkout, other?

Last edited by bentom2; 11-15-2019 at 08:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2019, 10:24 PM   #3
jritt@essex
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentom2 View Post
jritt@essex -How is the discount extended? Is there a coupon code, or will the website be updated to reflect the discount, discount during checkout, other?
Starting on Black Friday the prices will change on all brake kits to reflect the discount. No codes required. We thought it would be simpler that way. Thanks!
Appreciate 1
bentom2335.50
      11-16-2019, 08:47 AM   #4
OG Shark
Rep

Drives: Angry

Ugh, I really didn't need to see this... the oem anchors on my GT-R are not so good...
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2019, 08:48 AM   #5
jritt@essex
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
Ugh, I really didn't need to see this... the oem anchors on my GT-R are not so good...
Lol...the OEM brakes are pretty weak for track duty for sure. We have complete Competition Brake Kits for your car, and the 2-piece discs that run with the OEM calipers. You can see all options here:

https://www.essexparts.com/my-vehicl...-R%20(R35)/All

Here are some glamour shots...this car is so darn cool.

Here's our kit catching a beat-down at Road Atlanta.

Appreciate 2
bentom2335.50
OG Shark4656.00
      11-19-2019, 07:14 AM   #6
Megator
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Same haha, I want these for the M2 bad but also have 1.8 years of warranty left...

jritt@essex Why the different rear kit for the competition and what do I pick if I have an EU competition with the normal blue brakes?
      11-19-2019, 07:28 AM   #7
jritt@essex
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megator View Post
Same haha, I want these for the M2 bad but also have 1.8 years of warranty left...

jritt@essex Why the different rear kit for the competition and what do I pick if I have an EU competition with the normal blue brakes?
Warranty, shmarranty! lol

The brake bias on the Competition was a little bit different vs. the standard M2 with the blue brakes. If we used our standard M2 setup (part#13.01.10050) on the USDM Competition, the car would have too much rear brake. As such, we went down on the rear piston size for the Competition (part#13.01.10111).

In terms of the EU cars, my assumption is that if you have the standard blue brakes, you're going to want our standard kit (10050). That said, we have never measured a Euro spec car, so we don't know if there are any other changes to the brake system. We do have numerous customers in Europe running our kits on these cars though, and we've never had any reported issues or problems with fitment, brake balance, etc. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 07:31 AM   #8
Megator
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jritt@essex View Post
Warranty, shmarranty! lol

The brake bias on the Competition was a little bit different vs. the standard M2 with the blue brakes. If we used our standard M2 setup (part#13.01.10050) on the USDM Competition, the car would have too much rear brake. As such, we went down on the rear piston size for the Competition (part#13.01.10111).

In terms of the EU cars, my assumption is that if you have the standard blue brakes, you're going to want our standard kit (10050). That said, we have never measured a Euro spec car, so we don't know if there are any other changes to the brake system. We do have numerous customers in Europe running our kits on these cars though, and we've never had any reported issues or problems with fitment, brake balance, etc. Thanks!
I am guessing if the master cylinder is the same then it is all kosher? or what should I look to compare? as far as the grabby bits go they are the same as what my friends with M3/M4s have.
      11-19-2019, 07:35 AM   #9
jritt@essex
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I am guessing if the master cylinder is the same then it is all kosher? or what should I look to compare? as far as the grabby bits go they are the same as what my friends with M3/M4s have.
Yes. As long as the master cylinder is the same as the other blue-caliper cars, you shouldn't have any issues.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 10:23 AM   #10
OG Shark
Rep

Drives: Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jritt@essex View Post
Lol...the OEM brakes are pretty weak for track duty for sure. We have complete Competition Brake Kits for your car, and the 2-piece discs that run with the OEM calipers. You can see all options here:

https://www.essexparts.com/my-vehicl...-R%20(R35)/All

Here are some glamour shots...this car is so darn cool.

Here's our kit catching a beat-down at Road Atlanta.

Love that car - you sent me pics of it earlier this year when I was first thinking about track prepping the GT-R. Was able to resist the urge then (instead focused on the M2) but feeling pretty weak right now. When is the "if a previous customer has bought two full setups in the past they can now get one free" sale going to happen

Quote:
I definitely hear you on the warranty concern. To me in this particular case the reward trumps the risk - but definitely very situational and case dependent though. I can go on quite a rant here - I believe braking is the first step towards speed - but I'll spare everyone from my ramblings
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 08:20 PM   #11
bentom2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
I figure if you’re tracking the car enough to consider a BBK, you’re probably already running non-OEM pads and fluid, and your rotors and calipers will show plenty of signs of track use. At that point, you can probably throw out any expectation of the brakes, and perhaps some nearby components (hub bearings for example), being covered under warranty due to pushing the brake system components to the limit.

So then there probably isn’t much incremental risk to installing a BBK.

In the EU, are manufacturers free to void warranty, or reject a claim for unrelated parts being present? The EU is generally pretty focused on consumer protections but I suppose the auto industry has a lot of lobbying power. In the US, the burden of proof is on the Manufacturer to show that an aftermarket part caused a failure to another otherwise warrantable component. Is that not the case over there?
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 09:52 PM   #12
mcvaughan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 Competition

This kit is hands down the best brake kit you can get. I had them on my track prepared M4. Not once did they let me down. I would only consider them though if your car is more track toy than anything else.
      11-20-2019, 06:14 AM   #13
Megator
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I definitely hear you on the warranty concern. To me in this particular case the reward trumps the risk - but definitely very situational and case dependent though. I can go on quite a rant here - I believe braking is the first step towards speed - but I'll spare everyone from my ramblings
Totally agree, hence why this and camber plates would be my first serious mod.

I already burned the OEM dust seals on the front brakes with one set of endless pads...so kit like this seems like a must.

I brought the car to the dealer and just looking at the tires they knew

In EU its the same as the US warranty wise, just harder to prove X did not happen due to track use and the burden of proof is on the consumer in the end. The OEM will just deny and deny if they can.
      11-28-2019, 11:47 AM   #14
jritt@essex
United_States
Rep

Thanks for the positive feedback and input gents!
Appreciate 0