BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Pure Stage 2 N55 Owners - Searching Tuner

08-04-2021, 04:16 PM   #1
jnwin
M2 From Down Under
Rep
Drives: M2

Pure Stage 2 N55 Owners - Searching Tuner

Hi all,

I am in search of a tuner for my pure stage 2 setup. Car is used primarily for track (circuit) use so the tune will need to have linear power delivery. Could owners chime in and recommend a tuner that I would be able to engage? I am based in Sydney Australia so experience tuning in hotter climates would be beneficial.

Mods on the car.
Pure stage 2 Turbo (latest revision)
Decat downpipe
Bms intake
Wagner Competition Intercooler
Dorsch Stage 2 Hpfp

Many thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2021, 09:45 AM   #2
AWC-F87
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnwin View Post
Hi all,

I am in search of a tuner for my pure stage 2 setup. Car is used primarily for track (circuit) use so the tune will need to have linear power delivery. Could owners chime in and recommend a tuner that I would be able to engage? I am based in Sydney Australia so experience tuning in hotter climates would be beneficial.

Mods on the car.
Pure stage 2 Turbo (latest revision)
Decat downpipe
Bms intake
Wagner Competition Intercooler
Dorsch Stage 2 Hpfp

Many thanks!
I live in socal and it's hot here a lot. I purchased ecutek from bend calibration. I have a FBO and PS2 car as well. Joseph was able to get my turbo spooling by 2800 rpms. Very smooth power and we tuned it very conservative so that it will be as resilient to heat as possible on track. Reach out to them. Very knowledgeable
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2021, 10:31 AM   #3
cecaa850
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

I second Bend Calibration. We have heat and unreal humidity here in SE TX. They got me dialed in perfectly. I have a Dinan turbo though.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2021, 01:16 PM   #4
M Fifty
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 & 330CI

Surely if it's primarily a track car in a hot climate you would mostly be interested in upgrades to engine and brake cooling, and the suspension? Yes?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2021, 04:35 PM   #5
jnwin
M2 From Down Under
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Fifty View Post
Surely if it's primarily a track car in a hot climate you would mostly be interested in upgrades to engine and brake cooling, and the suspension? Yes?
I've only listed mods relative to the tuning side, car has a vented bonnet, AP brakes front and rear, ohlins coilovers and a sitting on 18 inch TE37 sagas running 265/295.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2021, 11:13 AM   #6
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

We offer custom tunes by Cary Jordan, they did a map for my personal car and i was very happy with the results

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2021, 10:54 PM   #7
Oeb36
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911 turbo , Macan s

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWC-F87 View Post
I live in socal and it's hot here a lot. I purchased ecutek from bend calibration. I have a FBO and PS2 car as well. Joseph was able to get my turbo spooling by 2800 rpms. Very smooth power and we tuned it very conservative so that it will be as resilient to heat as possible on track. Reach out to them. Very knowledgeable
You guys tuned via street logs ?
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2021, 11:19 PM   #8
detroitm2
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oeb36 View Post
Quote:
They do, I think they actually prefer it. They're arguably one of the best custom tuners on the N55 platform.

Also, they likely already have a pretty damn close baseline from another car they can use for you, and then just do minor adjustments from there.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2021, 12:21 AM   #9
AWC-F87
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oeb36 View Post
Quote:
Yes we street tuned it. Like Detroit M2 said, Joseph and bend already had tunes for our setups. So it's just a few revisions to fine tune for your needs. It's easy.
I honestly can't recommend them enough
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2021, 01:30 PM   #10
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Quote:
Did you post up Dynojet curves for your three maps? Would be pretty interesting to see!
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2021, 03:49 PM   #11
cecaa850
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitm2 View Post
They do, I think they actually prefer it. They're arguably one of the best custom tuners on the N55 platform.

Also, they likely already have a pretty damn close baseline from another car they can use for you, and then just do minor adjustments from there.
Not sure if I was the first N55 they did but I think I may have been a fairly early adopter. They should have plenty if data.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2021, 04:05 PM   #12
AWC-F87
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
Quote:
Did you post up Dynojet curves for your three maps? Would be pretty interesting to see!
We ended up not doing the dyno day to tune it. I ordered the wrong eu5 injectors so I didn't require Joseph to ITSA code new ones. So since that was the complicated piece to my setup and it was scrapped. Weve just been street tuning it.
Based off the logs Joseph said it should be easily over 500 wheel on e47 per the ethanol content analyzer.
I bought nostrum s55 injectors. Nostrum works over the injectors and with those installed I'll be able to flow full e85 100% no problem. They'll be overkill most likely but we're going to tune it rich to help combat cylinder temps.
Appreciate 1
ZM22810.50
      08-08-2021, 04:39 PM   #13
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Quote:
We ended up not doing the dyno day to tune it. I ordered the wrong eu5 injectors so I didn't require Joseph to ITSA code new ones. So since that was the complicated piece to my setup and it was scrapped. Weve just been street tuning it.
Based off the logs Joseph said it should be easily over 500 wheel on e47 per the ethanol content analyzer.
I bought nostrum s55 injectors. Nostrum works over the injectors and with those installed I'll be able to flow full e85 100% no problem. They'll be overkill most likely but we're going to tune it rich to help combat cylinder temps.
Gotcha. Would be great to see the difference in power & torque curves bn the hot, track, and 91 maps vs all the other curves out there.

Might also inform you about good shift points.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2021, 05:28 PM   #14
AWC-F87
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Gotcha. Would be great to see the difference in power & torque curves bn the hot, track, and 91 maps vs all the other curves out there.

Might also inform you about good shift points.
Definitely! I need to learn to view the logs
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2021, 08:37 PM   #15
detroitm2
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Wasn't aware you were running Nostrum injectors! Got mine installed a few weeks ago also running their HPFP and LPFP. (Walbro 485 unit)
Appreciate 0