BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > bootmod3 for BMW F series Vehicles - General Discussion

05-22-2019, 10:47 PM   #265
kpaso
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by nioh_lbbm2 View Post
Are you running the ACN91 map? Don't run the OTS 91 maps if you're in Cali. Check mine and Nezil's threads about Cali gas.
Yea I am, but am still worried about engine damage at the track since I also know how bad the gas is here...
Appreciate 1
ecitizen131.00
      05-31-2019, 03:26 AM   #266
m3smurf
Rep
Drives: LBB F87

Hi guys, i have a catted downpipe installed and don't really have plans to go further and install an intercooler. Should i flash the Stage 1 or 2 map then?
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2019, 07:05 AM   #267
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3smurf View Post
Hi guys, i have a catted downpipe installed and don't really have plans to go further and install an intercooler. Should i flash the Stage 1 or 2 map then?
Give stage 1 a go 1st then if your logs look OK and you wanting more maybe buy extra OTS maps to move to stg 2

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2019, 08:46 AM   #268
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3smurf View Post
If you live in a colder climate you might be fine. Just log your car and monitor your IAT temps
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 02:08 PM   #269
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: powered by bootmod3

0.10.072 app update is out for iOS, Android and Web:

Changes include:
- Fixes for layout (single column for dash in portrait mode) on Android Samsung devices
- Datalog viewer zoom in/out fix
- Scrolling fix for dashboard on iOS and Android
- Layout mode/repositioning activated through popup menu (press and hold on any gauge). Double-tap anywhere to exit layout mode.
- Double-tap on any gauge to start/stop datalogging (no button to press, its removed, tap anywhere instead)
- Top bar on the dash screen is removed for a cleaner look and getting valuable screen real estate back. Top bar is preserved on non mobile devices
- Visual indicator (infinite scroll progress bar) across the top of dash to indicate logging is running
- Visual indicator of agent status across the top in the dash when no connection to OBD/agent
- Fix for comments form on tune requests/maps going away as keyboard would come up. Now stays.
- OBD Agent Min version stays at 0.10.071 (i.e. no agent update)

Appreciate 1
akkando5863.00
      06-08-2019, 06:00 AM   #270
specka
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI BSM

Garage List
2017 BMW M2 LCI  [0.00]
I dont know if its been explained already, I searched the thread for 'TMAP' and there's no results, but what is the TMAP Pre-Thottle setting for?

I have posted the unsatisfactory results I've had with the tune (total loss of response from 1500-2000rpm in all gears) and reverted to stock, I'm wondering if there is another setting such as the above that might help.

Thanks
      06-08-2019, 04:32 PM   #271
M2C AW
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post

Changes include:
- Fixes for layout (single column for dash in portrait mode) on Android Samsung devices
- Layout mode/repositioning activated through popup menu (press and hold on any gauge). Double-tap anywhere to exit layout mode.
- Double-tap on any gauge to start/stop datalogging (no button to press, its removed, tap anywhere instead)
- Top bar on the dash screen is removed for a cleaner look and getting valuable screen real estate back. Top bar is preserved on non mobile devices
- Visual indicator (infinite scroll progress bar) across the top of dash to indicate logging is running
- Visual indicator of agent status across the top in the dash when no connection to OBD/agent
- Fix for comments form on tune requests/maps going away as keyboard would come up. Now stays.

I Do NOT enjoy the changes made to initiate / monitor / stop data logging, along with elimination of top bar on Mobil devices. The visual indicator across top of dash is far too obscure and difficult to see when confirming that data logging has begun and ended. I much preferred the prior color coded button...much easier to determine log status at a glance. Can these new features be improved somehow, or changed back ?
Anyone else agree ?
Appreciate 1
specka71.00
      06-15-2019, 08:50 PM   #272
garfunko
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

map and gas option

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2MGM View Post
Quote:

Changes include:

I Do NOT enjoy the changes made to initiate / monitor / stop data logging, along with elimination of top bar on Mobil devices. The visual indicator across top of dash is far too obscure and difficult to see when confirming that data logging has begun and ended. I much preferred the prior color coded button...much easier to determine log status at a glance. Can these new features be improved somehow, or changed back ?
Anyone else agree ?
I have a 2018 lci with Fabspeed sport cat, charge pipe but no after market intercooler yet.

I have access to shell v-power, or petro 93 .

should I be looking at stage 1 using v-power for best stability for road use ?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2019, 07:03 PM   #273
SpartanGA
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M4 Comp F83

Picking up a new 2018 Friday.

I’ve been out of the tune game since a Proceed on a 335i

I’ve read this thread and questions

stage 1 looks to be stock and maybe a DP

stage 2 requires what mods

Which is required to be close / similar to M2C stock

Thx
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2019, 03:44 AM   #274
squixs
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfunko View Post
I have a 2018 lci with Fabspeed sport cat, charge pipe but no after market intercooler yet.

I have access to shell v-power, or petro 93 .

should I be looking at stage 1 using v-power for best stability for road use ?
Have you already installed BM3? How do you like stage 1
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2019, 08:50 AM   #275
JeffM2PRDallas
Private
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 F87

I now this is off topic. But, I was wondering if you guys are working in making the GTS Trans Flash more suitable for the M2 N55.

Quote:

Changes include:

Appreciate 0
      07-20-2019, 04:38 AM   #276
Tano
Lieutenant
Hungary
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Today I did some logs with BM3. It was 3x3rd gear and 2x4th gear pulls, ambient temp was 27C, Stage2 91 octane v5.7 map with 98 octane fuel. My mods are good for the stage 2 requirements.
Here is the log.
Please comment if something seems wrong with it.
What i noticed and I'm curious if there's a problem or not.
HPFP seems ok up to the max rpm, it doesn't drop, and i didn't have any knock.
I noticed some difference in ignition timings:
- During second pull at about 4k RPM cyl 3&5 dropped 3 deg then gradually they caught up with the rest at about 6k RPM.
- In the 3rd pull only cyl 3 did a drop around 2.5k then another at 3.5k, then gradually caught up.
- In the 4th run cyl 3 again dropped at 5.5k then caught up with the rest but later cyl 1 dropped at 6-4k.
- In the last 5th pull cyl 1 and 4 did a drop around 6.4k.

So the question is that are these drops normal or they're related to octane problems or bad ignition plugs or something else.
My mileage is 29k km and i'm planning to switch to the recommended colder NGK plugs with 0.05mm gapping. And should i give a try to 93 octane map?
      07-20-2019, 07:15 AM   #277
designatedposter
Captain
Rep
Drives: m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tano View Post
Today I did some logs with BM3. It was 3x3rd gear and 2x4th gear pulls, ambient temp was 27C, Stage2 91 octane v5.7 map with 98 octane fuel. My mods are good for the stage 2 requirements.
Here is the log.
Please comment if something seems wrong with it.
What i noticed and I'm curious if there's a problem or not.
HPFP seems ok up to the max rpm, it doesn't drop, and i didn't have any knock.
I noticed some difference in ignition timings:
- During second pull at about 4k RPM cyl 3&5 dropped 3 deg then gradually they caught up with the rest at about 6k RPM.
- In the 3rd pull only cyl 3 did a drop around 2.5k then another at 3.5k, then gradually caught up.
- In the 4th run cyl 3 again dropped at 5.5k then caught up with the rest but later cyl 1 dropped at 6-4k.
- In the last 5th pull cyl 1 and 4 did a drop around 6.4k.

So the question is that are these drops normal or they're related to octane problems or bad ignition plugs or something else.
My mileage is 29k km and i'm planning to switch to the recommended colder NGK plugs with 0.05mm gapping. And should i give a try to 93 octane map?
Your timing looks great. Drops here and there are very normal. I would try the 93 Octane tune and log to compare. As for spark plugs, you can replace them for preventive maintenance, however in my experience, it will not improve your timing, since I do not believe you have a timing problem.
      07-20-2019, 07:53 AM   #278
Tano
Lieutenant
Hungary
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by designatedposter View Post
Your timing looks great. Drops here and there are very normal. I would try the 93 Octane tune and log to compare. As for spark plugs, you can replace them for preventive maintenance, however in my experience, it will not improve your timing, since I do not believe you have a timing problem.
Thanks for the comment. Then I think I will give it a try soon.
      07-21-2019, 02:18 PM   #279
Tano
Lieutenant
Hungary
Rep

I flashed the 93 octane map and tested it.
Check this out.
I think today the limiting factor was the high ambient temperature (33C). Because of this the IAT rose above 50C so the DME started to pull the timings due this i guess. Otherwise it could keep up the other parameters nicely.
I counted knock 3 times in the log. What does the 0.5 value mean for this? Is it not 0 or 1 only? The first one was in a coasting phase after the 3rd pull, and the remaining 2 was in the middle of the last pull.
So can I use this map or should I switch back to the 91 octane map? On the trackdays I'm using higher octane (100+) fuel.
      07-23-2019, 08:16 AM   #280
Temper Tantrum
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4

I only use Bootmod3 on my M4 to disable the cold start and control the exhaust flaps. Been quite a few months now since I signed up, but have just re-locked the DME for a visit to the dealer tomorrow (brake fluid change) and amazed at just how quickly this process is now. Literally a couple of minutes and it was all back at stock. Very impressive
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 09:22 AM   #281
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tano View Post
I flashed the 93 octane map and tested it.
Check this out.
I think today the limiting factor was the high ambient temperature (33C). Because of this the IAT rose above 50C so the DME started to pull the timings due this i guess. Otherwise it could keep up the other parameters nicely.
I counted knock 3 times in the log. What does the 0.5 value mean for this? Is it not 0 or 1 only? The first one was in a coasting phase after the 3rd pull, and the remaining 2 was in the middle of the last pull.
So can I use this map or should I switch back to the 91 octane map? On the trackdays I'm using higher octane (100+) fuel.
Yr WGDC %age looks quite high throughout all WOT - maybe a slight boost leak somewhere ???

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 1
Tano374.50
      07-23-2019, 11:09 AM   #282
SpartanGA
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M4 Comp F83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temper Tantrum View Post
I only use Bootmod3 on my M4 to disable the cold start and control the exhaust flaps. Been quite a few months now since I signed up, but have just re-locked the DME for a visit to the dealer tomorrow (brake fluid change) and amazed at just how quickly this process is now. Literally a couple of minutes and it was all back at stock. Very impressive
I'm certain the dealer can see any changes that have been made regardless of re-locking. Correct?
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 11:14 AM   #283
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanGA View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temper Tantrum View Post
I'm certain the dealer can see any changes that have been made regardless of re-locking. Correct?
Probably if they're going to spend time and money looking for a tune, in this case maybe even harder because boost it anything else was never out of spec because of the tune.

But for a brake flush... they have no reason to even look for evidence of a tune.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2019, 04:34 AM   #284
Temper Tantrum
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanGA View Post

If the engine blows up and they go digging, in my case, they would not be finding any of the usual parameters they look for to check for a tune (boost pressures etc..) which are saved in certain ECU's.

Nothing is ever guaranteed though. I'm just lessening any risk. I'll just leave it at that.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2019, 09:02 AM   #285
Happy Motoring
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: OG M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
Last night I flashed to stage 2 91 octane and went for a spin and everything went great but noticed extra burbles.

This morning I noticed that the cold start was deleted and now the extra burbles are too much for me to bare. I thought these options were not touched by default but up to the individual to alter? Can anybody confirm? And what settings do I need to be at to have stock burbles?
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2019, 11:51 AM   #286
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Motoring View Post
Last night I flashed to stage 2 91 octane and went for a spin and everything went great but noticed extra burbles.

This morning I noticed that the cold start was deleted and now the extra burbles are too much for me to bare. I thought these options were not touched by default but up to the individual to alter? Can anybody confirm? And what settings do I need to be at to have stock burbles?
You can set those settings yourself and then reflash the tune. I'm not sure what settings get you the closest to stock burbles though, you might just have to pick some values, try it, then tweak again.
Appreciate 0