BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Who makes upgraded clutch for 6mt n55 m2?

10-27-2019, 01:32 PM   #1
tth86
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: porsche 991.2 gt3 rs

Who makes upgraded clutch for 6mt n55 m2?

Been searching for one but couldn't find any.
Please help
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2019, 06:19 PM   #2
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tth86 View Post
Been searching for one but couldn't find any.
Please help
Clutch masters makes it for the m4 which should fit on the m2 since they use the same gear box: http://www.clutchmasters.com/2014-20...2-6-speed-s55/

Not sure why you want a clutch upgrade since the stock one is actually quite robust on the m2, m3, and m4, well I guess if you are making huge power or want a weight decrease in the flywheel, but those aluminum ones are really expensive.
      10-27-2019, 06:48 PM   #3
David.m
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI 6MT BSM

I did a little bit of research on this recently as I had a new flywheel/clutch installed under warranty. Our flywheel/clutch is identical across all F8X models, I couldn't find any info that the clutch itself was inadequate even for tuned S55's. There are low mass flywheels but the consensus seems to be they are not suited to turbo motors as the revs drop too quickly during shifts.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2019, 06:51 PM   #4
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by David.m View Post
I did a little bit of research on this recently as I had a new flywheel/clutch installed under warranty. Our flywheel/clutch is identical across all F8X models, I couldn't find any info that the clutch itself was inadequate even for tuned S55's. There are low mass flywheels but the consensus seems to be they are not suited to turbo motors as the revs drop too quickly during shifts.
+1
Yup these clutches can hold well into the 600whp and 600wtq range without issue on s55 cars.

And yup the lighter the flywheel the faster revs will drop making driving a bit difficult. For my frs I had a light weight flywheel, light weight drive shaft and pulleys, the result was revs dropped so fast it even stalled a few times. It was a real pain to drive sometimes as well.