BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modifications > New Suvneer m2 and m2 comp front lip

06-02-2023, 12:15 AM   #23
BerkeleyBo1
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 Performance Edition

Hey all, I am a recent owner of an OG M2 (what a fun car) and was looking to get this lip as I really enjoy the simple styling and think it complements the car so well. MooMooM2 do you have any pics of the bolt locations you did for your lip install? I am also wanting to use bolts and tape so that I could yank this off if I needed too. Also, any other insight about this lip during ownership? Thanks all.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2023, 03:45 PM   #24
MooMooM2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerkeleyBo1 View Post
Hey all, I am a recent owner of an OG M2 (what a fun car) and was looking to get this lip as I really enjoy the simple styling and think it complements the car so well. MooMooM2 do you have any pics of the bolt locations you did for your lip install? I am also wanting to use bolts and tape so that I could yank this off if I needed too. Also, any other insight about this lip during ownership? Thanks all.
I am sorry but I don't. It really does not matter where you choose to put them, reason I chose my location is because I used the bolt location from my old lip (the lightweight),

What I recommend is 3 on each front side , 4 in the middle. Holes towards the front because for the back of the lip it uses holes and hardware that already exists. For now for the side of the lip I just used double sided tape, eventually will figure out something for that. No way I would run this with tape, or any other lip. Even with bolts you can move the lip down and there is a bit of flex on the bumper (not that bad but I can imagine at 130+ mph loosing this thing cuz of tape, no thanks)

Attached a pictures of where I think they should go.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0