BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modifications > Gloss CF interior

03-06-2021, 05:18 PM   #1
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Does anyone sell the gloss version of our cf interior trim like the m3?
      03-08-2021, 04:35 AM   #2
Ollie RS
Private
Poland
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Have a look at: www.faserschmiede.de

I'm pretty sure they have what you're looking for
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2021, 05:15 AM   #3
carchrism5
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2, X3 M40i, 911

Autotecknic also makes a gloss interior trim kit as well as individual parts.
Appreciate 1
ASAP10161.00
      03-08-2021, 08:26 AM   #4
robertm
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

Isn't gloss a standard interior option? Could get the factory pieces.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2021, 10:13 AM   #5
3t3p
Major
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertm View Post
No.
Appreciate 1
ASAP10161.00
      03-08-2021, 10:35 AM   #6
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertm View Post
The thread is about gloss CF like in the F80s. not gloss piano black which is an option on the M2C
Appreciate 2
ASAP10161.00
robertm449.50
      03-08-2021, 12:12 PM   #7
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie RS View Post
Have a look at: www.faserschmiede.de

I'm pretty sure they have what you're looking for
Quote:
Originally Posted by carchrism5 View Post
Autotecknic also makes a gloss interior trim kit as well as individual parts.
The first site, I don't think imports to the USA... the 2nd site doesn't seem to have everything for the M2? Front dash trim?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2021, 01:16 PM   #8
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

https://www.dinmann.com/collections/bmw-f87-m2

Dinmann makes some
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2021, 05:10 AM   #9
carchrism5
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2, X3 M40i, 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
The first site, I don't think imports to the USA... the 2nd site doesn't seem to have everything for the M2? Front dash trim?
https://autotecknic.com/products/dry...es-atk-bm-0370

https://autotecknic.com/products/aut...-series-f87-m2

https://autotecknic.com/collections/...m2-competition

Here are just a few, unless I was misunderstanding what you were looking for.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2021, 05:47 PM   #10
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nioh_lbbm2 View Post
Strangely, no pic of their full kit. However, they do make it clear that they'll require a pic of YOUR car if you want to order the set - to make sure it's gonna fit. Oh the irony!
      07-16-2021, 02:04 PM   #11
sroan17
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 6MT BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
I'm currently in talks with someone from Faserschmiede about ordering some gloss carbon components for my LCI M2 and I'm located in the US. I've also seen some people on the forum from the US install some of their parts (mostly radio/ac dash trim) as well as one guy from Texas sell a duplicate part from that company, so I think they do offer shipping to the US.

Their carbon quality looks up to OEM standards. Here's hoping things will work out!
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2021, 08:07 PM   #12
RJT79
Rep
Drives: N/A

Your experience with the German retailer may vary from mine, but it could be a language barrier, I wouldn't rate them too high in terms of customer service. If you live in the US, you would have to inquire and have one of their reps assist you with the ordering, instead of just doing everything through their web store. And with the time difference, they only respond to one email each day. So if you're looking to inquire and purchase, it will take a good week before all your questions were answered.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2021, 09:29 PM   #13
sroan17
Registered
United_States
Rep

If anyone is still interested in this, I figured I'd share my 2 cents (well ... it was more expensive than that...) on my positive experience with Faserschmiede despite me being in the US.

Basically, I ordered gloss carbon components to replace all the existing matte carbon components in my LCI M2. I also ordered the window regulator inserts on the doors to replace the plastic ones as well the radio cover to replace the gloss black piece (which ended up being a custom order). The matte pieces have personally always bothered me both in look and feel, so since this car is my daily I wanted to spruce up the interior I experience daily.

1. Communication-wise? Yes, it was a span of about 1 - 2 weeks where I would send them an email, finish my work day, go to sleep, then wake up with a response to my inquiries / questions. I can understand how the slow pace of conversation like this can put people off, but I feel I'm a pretty patient fellow (and so are they!). I submitted my payment to them in the middle of August due to them needing a couple extra weeks to replenish their stock.

2. Cost and payment? Completely reasonable cost of components considering that these components, much like the components in our cars, are a layer of carbon over plastic and not a solid piece of 100% carbon. I also really appreciated the fact that they didn't jack up the price for a custom-made piece. For the 7 pieces I ordered, I think the amount came out to under $1200 which included all VAT and shipping costs. They sent me a PayPal invoice, so I knew the money would be handled securely.

3. Shipping? Long, admittedly. Obviously this depends on which country you reside in, but my package was stuck just in customs for 2 weeks. The shipping was thankfully very low, and everything was bubble-wrapped ... not quite to the extent of IND where it's arguably overkill, but safely protected nonetheless. Total shipping-time was roughly 1 month.

4. Quality, fit, and finish? OEM appearance; I really can't give more praise than that. These components look EXACTLY like what you would find in an F80 or F82. While I have admittedly not had time to install the components because I received the package only yesterday, I've seen nothing but praise on these forums and other forums about this company's quality when it comes to installation. I will reserve 100% judgement until I fit everything myself, but I have no reason to believe these will fit like junk.

TLDR experience: Emailing process was a slow back and forth, but only because of time zones differences; responses never took more than a day. Shipping process was long, but again due to international travel. Items are of professional quality that look OEM. Cost is 100% reasonable considering the total cost of the 7 pieces were around the same as a single new OEM rear carbon diffuser.

If anyone wants picture proof of all this, I wouldn't mind supplying! Hoping to get some free time this weekend in order to fit the components.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2021, 10:03 PM   #14
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
^^ nice writeup, but do please post some pics! Thanks.
      10-07-2021, 12:55 PM   #15
samsamdar
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: OG M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [6.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sroan17 View Post
If anyone is still interested in this, I figured I'd share my 2 cents (well ... it was more expensive than that...) on my positive experience with Faserschmiede despite me being in the US.

Basically, I ordered gloss carbon components to replace all the existing matte carbon components in my LCI M2. I also ordered the window regulator inserts on the doors to replace the plastic ones as well the radio cover to replace the gloss black piece (which ended up being a custom order). The matte pieces have personally always bothered me both in look and feel, so since this car is my daily I wanted to spruce up the interior I experience daily.

1. Communication-wise? Yes, it was a span of about 1 - 2 weeks where I would send them an email, finish my work day, go to sleep, then wake up with a response to my inquiries / questions. I can understand how the slow pace of conversation like this can put people off, but I feel I'm a pretty patient fellow (and so are they!). I submitted my payment to them in the middle of August due to them needing a couple extra weeks to replenish their stock.

2. Cost and payment? Completely reasonable cost of components considering that these components, much like the components in our cars, are a layer of carbon over plastic and not a solid piece of 100% carbon. I also really appreciated the fact that they didn't jack up the price for a custom-made piece. For the 7 pieces I ordered, I think the amount came out to under $1200 which included all VAT and shipping costs. They sent me a PayPal invoice, so I knew the money would be handled securely.

3. Shipping? Long, admittedly. Obviously this depends on which country you reside in, but my package was stuck just in customs for 2 weeks. The shipping was thankfully very low, and everything was bubble-wrapped ... not quite to the extent of IND where it's arguably overkill, but safely protected nonetheless. Total shipping-time was roughly 1 month.

4. Quality, fit, and finish? OEM appearance; I really can't give more praise than that. These components look EXACTLY like what you would find in an F80 or F82. While I have admittedly not had time to install the components because I received the package only yesterday, I've seen nothing but praise on these forums and other forums about this company's quality when it comes to installation. I will reserve 100% judgement until I fit everything myself, but I have no reason to believe these will fit like junk.

TLDR experience: Emailing process was a slow back and forth, but only because of time zones differences; responses never took more than a day. Shipping process was long, but again due to international travel. Items are of professional quality that look OEM. Cost is 100% reasonable considering the total cost of the 7 pieces were around the same as a single new OEM rear carbon diffuser.

If anyone wants picture proof of all this, I wouldn't mind supplying! Hoping to get some free time this weekend in order to fit the components.
PLEASE post pics!
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2021, 11:36 AM   #16
sroan17
Registered
United_States
Rep

I'm still waiting on a few things to come in before I showcase the whole interior, but these pictures should at least give some of you an idea of what the components look like. Needless to say, a foggy 13 megapixel camera doesn't do these things justice.

The other two components that I included were a gloss carbon / Alcantara manual E-brake handle from AutoTecknic and the BMW OEM M Performance gloss carbon steering wheel trim. I included these in comparison photos to show how the definition, sheen, and weave compare to OEM and another popular aftermarket brand. Sheen and definition-wise, the AutoTecknic stuff looks like OEM, but you can see that the weave has inconsistencies where the diagonal lines sometimes become fatter or skinnier. Faserschmiede hits on all 3 criteria.

I am in no way attempting to mock AutoTecknic's quality as it is still a very good product; I'm simply highlighting how good Faserschmiede's quality is.

I'll probably have pictures of them installed in the coming weeks. I'm awaiting a custom steering wheel from Royal Steering Wheels and I'm also in talks with some different upholstery companies to find an exact match to the Alcantara on the F87's door. I'd rather install everything in 1 day instead of adding a piece here and there over a few weeks.

Will it be worth it? Subjective, I suppose. Many would call me an idiot and rather put this money towards performance mods which is probably a more valid argument. As I stated before though, this is my daily. I'd rather spend the money on making the interior a nicer place to be and not spend money on potentially impacting reliability ... not to mention I still have a warranty! To each their own.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-08-2021, 11:40 AM   #17
sroan17
Registered
United_States
Rep

Also, forgot to mention one important thing. A lot of aftermarket manufacturers that give custom interior options like these require you to send in your existing OEM components for theirs ... and if you don't, then they tend to nearly double the price of their work. This was NOT the case with Faserschmiede. I still have all my OEM components for everything I have showcased and the price on their website is what you pay for their standalone piece.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2023, 01:11 PM   #18
samsamdar
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: OG M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [6.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sroan17 View Post
Also, forgot to mention one important thing. A lot of aftermarket manufacturers that give custom interior options like these require you to send in your existing OEM components for theirs ... and if you don't, then they tend to nearly double the price of their work. This was NOT the case with Faserschmiede. I still have all my OEM components for everything I have showcased and the price on their website is what you pay for their standalone piece.
Did you ever get a chance to get better pics that are installed on the car?