BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Fuel-It! for Ethanol Monitoring

02-05-2023, 03:38 PM   #1
///MPECABL
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2CS

Fuel-It! for Ethanol Monitoring

I haven’t read much but curious if anyone has used the Fuel-it! with or without the JB4 to monitor and use Ethanol maps for small doses of E (E30 ish). Can’t find install or usage videos or even a goo install instruction but seems to pair nicely with JB4?

Thanks for any info.
      02-05-2023, 03:58 PM   #2
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPECABL View Post
I haven’t read much but curious if anyone has used the Fuel-it! with or without the JB4 to monitor and use Ethanol maps for small doses of E (E30 ish). Can’t find install or usage videos or even a goo install instruction but seems to pair nicely with JB4?

Thanks for any info.
If you are talking about the Fuel-it app, that requires their bluetooth ethanol content analyzer to plug into the flex fuel sensor. It cannot be used with the JB4 because either the JB4 is plugged into the ethanol content sensor, or the fuel-it ethanol content analyzer is plugged in. It's one or the other.

So if you use the fuel it app, you will need the fuel it bluetooth ethanol content analyzer.

If you use the JB4 you will use JB4 mobile and plug the JB4 into the ethanol content sensor directly.

Personally I would say if you already have the jb4, just use all the jb4 equipment. Because that'll give the jb4 the ability to read ethanol content, and you won't need to buy an additional fuel it ethanol content analyzer.
      02-05-2023, 04:01 PM   #3
///MPECABL
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
If you are talking about the Fuel-it app, that requires their bluetooth ethanol content analyzer to plug into the flex fuel sensor. It cannot be used with the JB4 because either the JB4 is plugged into the ethanol content sensor, or the fuel-it ethanol content analyzer is plugged in. It's one or the other.

So if you use the fuel it app, you will need the fuel it bluetooth ethanol content analyzer.

If you use the JB4 you will use JB4 mobile and plug the JB4 into the ethanol content sensor directly.

Personally I would say if you already have the jb4, just use all the jb4 equipment. Because that'll give the jb4 the ability to read ethanol content, and you won't need to buy an additional fuel it ethanol content analyzer.
I may be missing something but the fuel-it setup pins into the JB4 and is something mentioned on Burger’s JB4 websites about using it for monitoring with the BMS app. Is there another BMS option? Does anyone have the fuel-it setup to talk to its install (hard, easy, reversible, etc)?
      02-05-2023, 04:03 PM   #4
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
I may be missing something but the fuel-it setup pins into the JB4 and is something mentioned on Burger’s JB4 websites about using it for monitoring with the BMS app. Is there another BMS option? Does anyone have the fuel-it setup to talk to its install (hard, easy, reversible, etc)?
Yes that's what I mean by using it with the jb4, pin the sensor the jb4's harness. Then use the jb4 mobile app to monitor ethanol content.
      02-05-2023, 04:06 PM   #5
///MPECABL
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes that's what I mean by using it with the jb4, pin the sensor the jb4's harness. Then use the jb4 mobile app to monitor ethanol content.
Got it, makes sense. Any clue how it installs to the stock fuel system? I’m mostly surprised there is basically NO literature or videos on it. Seems like a turn off all by itself but it would be a nice little piggy back add with the JB4 ability to bump power with small bouts of E and some custom tuning from BMS. Otherwise maybe I’ll look at the flash tune route with E.
      02-05-2023, 04:12 PM   #6
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Got it, makes sense. Any clue how it installs to the stock fuel system? I’m mostly surprised there is basically NO literature or videos on it. Seems like a turn off all by itself but it would be a nice little piggy back add with the JB4 ability to bump power with small bouts of E and some custom tuning from BMS. Otherwise maybe I’ll look at the flash tune route with E.
For me on my m235i I replaced the entire low pressure line from the LPFP to the HPFP, that also included the ethanol content sensor. Then you run the harness to the jb4 and that is it.

For flash tuning you would have to do the same thing, except replace jb4 with a canbus module.
      02-05-2023, 04:14 PM   #7
///MPECABL
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
For me on my m235i I replaced the entire low pressure line from the LPFP to the HPFP, that also included the ethanol content sensor. Then you run the harness to the jb4 and that is it.

For flash tuning you would have to do the same thing, except replace jb4 with a canbus module.
I should be more specific that I need help understanding more about the S55 setup for M2C/CS. Assuming you’re talking N55? Seems like the B58 has a large following and lots of info on the install but S55 seems absent.
      02-05-2023, 04:43 PM   #8
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
I should be more specific that I need help understanding more about the S55 setup for M2C/CS. Assuming you’re talking N55? Seems like the B58 has a large following and lots of info on the install but S55 seems absent.
The low pressure fuel line (which is the line in question when talking about installing a flex sensor) from the LPFP to the HPFP line is identical on all 2 series:

M2C: https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/par...&q=16127244751

M2: https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/par...&q=16127244751

So the install will be indentical, you can follow the bmw shop manuals on how to do this. Or you can refer to these sources:

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1707631
      02-06-2023, 10:18 AM   #9
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Im using the Fuel-it kit with the Jb4 on my M4.

I think it's a must-do upgrade for anyone running an E85 mix.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2023, 03:39 PM   #10
Barrybrar
Rep
Drives: Bmw M3

Quote:

So we do not need Fuel it bluetooth analyzer?
We can directly plug the Sensor to Jb4?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2023, 04:01 PM   #11
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrybrar View Post
So we do not need Fuel it bluetooth analyzer?
We can directly plug the Sensor to Jb4?
Yes, that is correct. The analyzer is only if you want to measure ethanol content and don't have a jb4 or canbus integration module with a flash tune.
      04-24-2023, 05:23 PM   #12
Barrybrar
Rep

Quote:
Yes, that is correct. The analyzer is only if you want to measure ethanol content and don't have a jb4 or canbus integration module with a flash tune.
Oh ok. I emailed burgermotorsports and fuel-it too and they told me you need the bluetooth analyzer. I asked them the same thing that if i got jb4 why would i need analyzer lol. Idk why maybe i think they wanna sell their product.
Cuz i was thinking to buy a ethanol sensor with the harness and hoses and spend only around $200 and save the money.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2023, 06:22 PM   #13
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Oh ok. I emailed burgermotorsports and fuel-it too and they told me you need the bluetooth analyzer. I asked them the same thing that if i got jb4 why would i need analyzer lol. Idk why maybe i think they wanna sell their product.
Cuz i was thinking to buy a ethanol sensor with the harness and hoses and spend only around $200 and save the money.
Huh, strange. Because when I used the jb4 it plugged straight into the ethanol sensor and was able to display e85 percentage on jb4 mobile. Never bought the Bluetooth analyzer.

Its been quite some time since I used a jb4, so Im starting to forget some things.
      04-24-2023, 06:26 PM   #14
Barrybrar
Rep

Quote:
Huh, strange. Because when I used the jb4 it plugged straight into the ethanol sensor and was able to display e85 percentage on jb4 mobile. Never bought the Bluetooth analyzer.

Its been quite some time since I used a jb4, so Im starting to forget some things.
Did you do some settings on mobile app or it just showed reading on the jb4 app?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2023, 07:32 PM   #15
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Did you do some settings on mobile app or it just showed reading on the jb4 app?
It was a gauge.