BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > N55-M2 OTS map version 5.8 is out for 93 and E30 octane

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-03-2019, 02:52 PM   #1
Halim@HCP
First Lieutenant
Halim@HCP's Avatar
Denmark
576
Rep
341
Posts

Drives: BMW F80 M3 / M6 F13
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Denmark, Copenhagen

iTrader: (0)

N55-M2 OTS map version 5.8 is out for 93 and E30 octane

N55-M2 update for 93 and E30 octane OTS maps

Some users experienced power drops at high rpm, version 5.8 takes care of the issue

Version 5.8, September 3 2019:
- Boost target changed on 93 octane maps
- Ignition timing changed on 93 octane maps
Appreciate 5
      09-03-2019, 04:15 PM   #2
Anthony1s
Lieutenant Colonel
1241
Rep
1,819
Posts

Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Pennsylvania

iTrader: (0)

I haven't looked at them yet, but here are some logs. 4th gear, DSC off, Ambient 80-82F

Two of Stg2 93Oct v5.7:
- http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5d6ece54c090c652e3aa34c3
- http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5d6ecec5c090c652e3aa34c5

Two of Stg2 93Oct v5.8:
- http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5d6ed0cec090c652e3aa34cc
- http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5d6ed12dc090c652e3aa34cf

My mods:
- Eventuri Intake V1
- Wagner Evo2 Competition
- FTP Charge and boost pipes
- Fabspeed Sport Cat
- MPE (valves open)
__________________
Click "Appreciate" on my post if I was helpful. Thanks!
Appreciate 2
      09-03-2019, 04:27 PM   #3
Halim@HCP
First Lieutenant
Halim@HCP's Avatar
Denmark
576
Rep
341
Posts

Drives: BMW F80 M3 / M6 F13
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Denmark, Copenhagen

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
I haven't looked at them yet, but here are some logs. 4th gear, DSC off, Ambient 80-82F

Two of Stg2 93Oct v5.7:
- http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5d6ece54c090c652e3aa34c3
- http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5d6ecec5c090c652e3aa34c5

Two of Stg2 93Oct v5.8:
- http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5d6ed0cec090c652e3aa34cc
- http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5d6ed12dc090c652e3aa34cf

My mods:
- Eventuri Intake V1
- Wagner Evo2 Competition
- FTP Charge and boost pipes
- Fabspeed Sport Cat
- MPE (valves open)
Seems like you didn't get the last change I did, go to OTS maps and pick it again. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 05:03 PM   #4
Anthony1s
Lieutenant Colonel
1241
Rep
1,819
Posts

Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Pennsylvania

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halim@HCP View Post
Seems like you didn't get the last change I did, go to OTS maps and pick it again. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Hmm that sucks. I updated to v5.8. I supposed you made changes to v5.8 after I updated to it? Boost target is different between versions in my logs, so the flash did take. And the bootmod3 UI shows I'm on v5.8

Gonna have to wait until tomorrow or later tonight to reflash and get more logs...
__________________
Click "Appreciate" on my post if I was helpful. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 06:45 PM   #5
963mw
BMW Fanatic
963mw's Avatar
United_States
274
Rep
1,079
Posts

Drives: M2
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Mexico

iTrader: (0)

Just flashed it going from v5.3 to 5.8 (5.7 gave me burble issues).

Car pulls like a train. Tried to get logs but beat up roads ruined them. Definitely felt more linear and powerful up top.

Cheers Halim.
__________________
18 BMW M2 | ER DP | ER CP | Wagner Evo 2 Comp Intercooler | Aquamist HFS4 | BM3 | CSF Oil Cooler | AFE Drop-in Filter | Bilstein B16 PSS10
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 06:49 PM   #6
Cornally
New Member
14
Rep
22
Posts

Drives: '18 BMW M2
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: NE

iTrader: (0)

Thanks Halim! Will try in a few days...my driveway is being paved so the car is trapped in my garage!
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 06:58 PM   #7
Anthony1s
Lieutenant Colonel
1241
Rep
1,819
Posts

Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Pennsylvania

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
Hmm that sucks. I updated to v5.8. I supposed you made changes to v5.8 after I updated to it? Boost target is different between versions in my logs, so the flash did take. And the bootmod3 UI shows I'm on v5.8

Gonna have to wait until tomorrow or later tonight to reflash and get more logs...
Went to reflash it. Usually it says "update available" or something like that when a tune was updated. Didn't show anything like that for me. Anyway, I deleted the current v5.8 I had and redownloaded and flashed what is posted. Drove a little in my city, but didn't log or push the car.
__________________
Click "Appreciate" on my post if I was helpful. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 09:58 AM   #8
JKen_0115
Second Lieutenant
United_States
90
Rep
267
Posts

Drives: 2017_M2
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
Hmm that sucks. I updated to v5.8. I supposed you made changes to v5.8 after I updated to it? Boost target is different between versions in my logs, so the flash did take. And the bootmod3 UI shows I'm on v5.8

Gonna have to wait until tomorrow or later tonight to reflash and get more logs...
Went to reflash it. Usually it says "update available" or something like that when a tune was updated. Didn't show anything like that for me. Anyway, I deleted the current v5.8 I had and redownloaded and flashed what is posted. Drove a little in my city, but didn't log or push the car.
How do you feel? It appears the boost got reduced so I'm wondering if you still feel strong pull?
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 11:43 AM   #9
Supadice
Second Lieutenant
Supadice's Avatar
288
Rep
227
Posts

Drives: 2017 M2
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Hoboken, NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halim@HCP View Post
N55-M2 update for 93 and E30 octane OTS maps

Some users experienced power drops at high rpm, version 5.8 takes care of the issue

Version 5.8, September 3 2019:
- Boost target changed on 93 octane maps
- Ignition timing changed on 93 octane maps

I have the XDI 35 pump and on 5.7 I was getting pump noise at startup does this fix that issue? I have selected the pump option everytime and still getting noise even with my custom tunes. It has been a nightmare
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 12:13 PM   #10
Anthony1s
Lieutenant Colonel
1241
Rep
1,819
Posts

Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Pennsylvania

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKen_0115 View Post
How do you feel? It appears the boost got reduced so I'm wondering if you still feel strong pull?
I don't know. I don't think my thoughts matter because it's a free update that is easily reversed. It's not like my thoughts are needed to justify upgrading something like a downpipe or intake or something like that that costs more money and time. If you have bm3 already, flash it and see for yourself.

I don't drive in the top end range much anyway to really tell a difference. I drive in my city mostly and do short accelerations from 2nd to 3rd when there is room in front of me from other traffic. On top of that, it seemed like there was more top end when I did my 4th gear pulls yesterday. However, Halim says I wasn't running the v5.8 tune when I thought I was. So... I don't know and have no way of really knowing haha.
__________________
Click "Appreciate" on my post if I was helpful. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 02:06 PM   #11
ZM2
Lieutenant Colonel
1092
Rep
1,767
Posts

Drives: 2017 LBB M2
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Baltimore

iTrader: (0)

Just got back from flashing Stg 2 5.8 E30 and was doing some logs, but the logs crashed and didn’t record.

Overall, upper RPM is much better, but it doesn’t pull as hard as my Stg 2H 5.7 E30 map. I was watching the dashboard and MAF was hitting 42-43, whereas 5.7 2H was 43-44. Didn’t see any knocks or major timing pull, even had IATs up to 135F (hot day here).

Gonna see if I can get a Stg 2H E30 5.8 map to smoke some guys at the track next week, but I def recommend trying 5.8–nice upper RPMs!

Last edited by ZM2; 09-04-2019 at 02:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 02:06 PM   #12
Anthony1s
Lieutenant Colonel
1241
Rep
1,819
Posts

Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Pennsylvania

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halim@HCP View Post
Seems like you didn't get the last change I did, go to OTS maps and pick it again. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Halim@HCP Are these logs better?

http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5d7001bfc090c652e3aa39b0
http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5d70036ac090c652e3aa39b1

I realized yesterday I was short shifting at 6500rpm. These logs go to 7000. And the 2nd log is 4th and 5th gear WOT.
__________________
Click "Appreciate" on my post if I was helpful. Thanks!
Appreciate 1
Bee Pee1295.00

      09-04-2019, 02:54 PM   #13
squixs
Private First Class
Germany
36
Rep
134
Posts

Drives: BMW M2 LCI
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Stage 1 93 is still on 5.7, correct? I do see 5.8 for Stage 2
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 03:38 PM   #14
Anthony1s
Lieutenant Colonel
1241
Rep
1,819
Posts

Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Pennsylvania

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
Just got back from flashing Stg 2 5.8 E30 and was doing some logs, but the logs crashed and didn’t record.

Overall, upper RPM is much better, but it doesn’t pull as hard as my Stg 2H 5.7 E30 map. I was watching the dashboard and MAF was hitting 42-43, whereas 5.7 2H was 43-44. Didn’t see any knocks or major timing pull, even had IATs up to 135F (hot day here).

Gonna see if I can get a Stg 2H E30 5.8 map to smoke some guys at the track next week, but I def recommend trying 5.8–nice upper RPMs!
Can you give me a quick rundown on how to read the MAF sensor? What to look for, what's good/bad, what I'm looking at, etc. Mine starts around 23 and goes up to 36 as rpm climbs.
__________________
Click "Appreciate" on my post if I was helpful. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 04:45 PM   #15
M2MGM
Second Lieutenant
111
Rep
298
Posts

Drives: 2019 M2C Alpine White
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

It would be nice to know whether 5.8 gives up any torque in the lower rpm ranges....to get something more in the upper rpm ranges. That would not be a good thing..for my needs. I try to keep all shifting on the N55 below 6500...as a general rule anyway. Not sure how that could be easily verified / quantified tho....and I definitely donít trust my seat-of-the-pants.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 05:56 PM   #16
Pray for Mojo
Captain
Canada
322
Rep
901
Posts

Drives: 2014 M235i & 2018 X3 M40i
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Calgary

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
Can you give me a quick rundown on how to read the MAF sensor? What to look for, what's good/bad, what I'm looking at, etc. Mine starts around 23 and goes up to 36 as rpm climbs.
The higher the number the more power you're making. You can use it as an indication of HP at the crank, roughly 10hp per lb/min is the rule of thumb. Judging by your logs you could use the pure inlet, my car only makes 14psi due to altitude but I'm hitting 40-41lbs/min on Stage 2 91. I'm not sure what the range is on the stock MAF, I've seen pure turbo logs not making many more lbs/min, it might cap at a certain number because it can't read beyond that range.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 06:38 PM   #17
Anthony1s
Lieutenant Colonel
1241
Rep
1,819
Posts

Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Pennsylvania

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pray for Mojo View Post
The higher the number the more power you're making. You can use it as an indication of HP at the crank, roughly 10hp per lb/min is the rule of thumb. Judging by your logs you could use the pure inlet, my car only makes 14psi due to altitude but I'm hitting 40-41lbs/min on Stage 2 91. I'm not sure what the range is on the stock MAF, I've seen pure turbo logs not making many more lbs/min, it might cap at a certain number because it can't read beyond that range.
Thanks for the info. I think the stock MAF is limited. I've seen people swap to the N20 MAF when going with a bigger turbski.

And yea, inlet pipe is on my list. But was gonna do inlet, dv+, xdi-35, wmi, and ps2 all at once after winter. Didn't think the oem inlet was a restriction on stock turbo.

EDIT. Nvm, I'm thinking of the MAP sensor, not the MAF.
__________________
Click "Appreciate" on my post if I was helpful. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 08:45 PM   #18
Dec540
Lieutenant
41
Rep
584
Posts

Drives: M2 LCI
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sunshine Coast, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Anthony1s , all of your logs include 1 or 2 engine knocks. Mine also show a similar knock on occasion. Is there any concern with this?
Appreciate 1
delhang22.50

      09-04-2019, 10:33 PM   #19
Anthony1s
Lieutenant Colonel
1241
Rep
1,819
Posts

Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Pennsylvania

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dec540 View Post
Anthony1s , all of your logs include 1 or 2 engine knocks. Mine also show a similar knock on occasion. Is there any concern with this?
Would have to ask Halim that.

I was told by tuners on my other car (2007 saab 93 aero) that 1-2 per log is okay. Doing some real quick googling, it seems that it depends on what caused the knock. Going WOT or letting of the gas or shifting gears could cause knock and it be okay. It would be a false flag.

I looked at my logs real quick and do not see "normal" behavior like that that could cause knocks. So it's back to the question of if 1-2 knocks are okay.
__________________
Click "Appreciate" on my post if I was helpful. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 11:16 PM   #20
Pray for Mojo
Captain
Canada
322
Rep
901
Posts

Drives: 2014 M235i & 2018 X3 M40i
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Calgary

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
Thanks for the info. I think the stock MAF is limited. I've seen people swap to the N20 MAF when going with a bigger turbski.

And yea, inlet pipe is on my list. But was gonna do inlet, dv+, xdi-35, wmi, and ps2 all at once after winter. Didn't think the oem inlet was a restriction on stock turbo.

EDIT. Nvm, I'm thinking of the MAP sensor, not the MAF.
I only did the inlet to try and reduce my WGDC due to thin air. I was surprised to see it add about 2lbs/min on the MAF. It's definitely a restriction once you see how much the stupid reducer swages down compared to the turbo inlet. If you're going to do the big rocks this winter no point in getting in there since it's a horrible job to do.

Regarding knock, I stopped running the 93 tune because no matter how much boostane used I saw it regularly on my logs around 6k, which was a bit worrisome. Never figured out if its phantom or not since the timing rarely corrected for it and the car felt perfect.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2019, 07:49 PM   #21
ZM2
Lieutenant Colonel
1092
Rep
1,767
Posts

Drives: 2017 LBB M2
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Baltimore

iTrader: (0)

Hey guys, here are a ton of pulls on Stg 2 E30 5.8.

http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5d72ee45c090c6192c630438

http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5d72ee46c090c6192c63043a

The upper RPMs feel much better than my Stg 2H E30 5.7 map, and timing is rock solid even as IATs get high. Boost target and power is down slightly, as this is an OTS Stg 2 map, so I'm going to try to get a Stg 2H E30 5.8 map to see how it performs.

Here are the details on my car: Dinan turbo, Wagner Evo II Comp IC, HJS 300-cell DP, FTP pipes, CSF & do88 coolers, E28 fuel.

Again, I definitely recommend giving Stg 2 5.8 a shot b/c of how smooth it is up top. Lastly, I'll reiterate how wild it is that MAF only drops from 43 to 42 as IATs go from 90F to 145F. Gotta love ethanol...

Last edited by ZM2; 09-12-2019 at 03:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2019, 12:14 PM   #22
NathObeaN
Private First Class
NathObeaN's Avatar
United Kingdom
194
Rep
151
Posts

Drives: M2 LCI 2018
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Any news on stage 1, 5.8?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 AM.




m2
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST