BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Google Maps - Waze topics

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-18-2018, 08:52 AM   #89
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
1295
Rep
4,052
Posts

Drives: AW M2 DCT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SW London

iTrader: (3)

ios12 nav app updates for cp supposed to be available from tomorrow 17 Sept. No doubt waze and Google map apps will need to be updated from app store before being able to see them on cp.
__________________
Fettled M135i EB AT - gone but not forgotten:
AW M2 DCT
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 10:53 AM   #90
BJM2018
Private
Canada
17
Rep
92
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2 DCT
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJM2018 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by larry.beck View Post
We all make them - no worries! You all set now? Our iOS 12 chant starts next week, quickly followed by a Waze banshee yell.
Thanks. I am new to the forum and using this app, honestly I do not find as easy to navigate as other forums (my little rant)

Ha ha as an ios user I look forward to the rant! Will it be in a separate thread?
So ios 12 is out but Waze for carplay is still in beta testing for how long?
Appreciate 1
termigni1049.50

      09-18-2018, 03:16 PM   #91
larry.beck
Second Lieutenant
larry.beck's Avatar
United_States
185
Rep
290
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJM2018 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJM2018 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by larry.beck View Post
We all make them - no worries! You all set now? Our iOS 12 chant starts next week, quickly followed by a Waze banshee yell.
Thanks. I am new to the forum and using this app, honestly I do not find as easy to navigate as other forums (my little rant)

Ha ha as an ios user I look forward to the rant! Will it be in a separate thread?
So ios 12 is out but Waze for carplay is still in beta testing for how long?
Not sure how long Waze will require for testing. From what I saw it was a closed beta though, so probably not much available in terms of leaks or info.
__________________
///M2 - 2018 LBB DCT
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 04:56 PM   #92
amancuso
Major
amancuso's Avatar
396
Rep
1,360
Posts

Drives: Z3, X5 4.8is,M5, M2
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Burlington, New Jersey

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2004 X5 4.8iS  [0.00]
2000 Z3  [0.00]
2003 M5  [0.00]
I was able to get the googlemaps app to work/update with ios12 but no Waze yet.
__________________
2016 428xi, 2000 Z3 2.3, 2003 M5, 2004 X5 4.8iS, 2018 M2 Visit the Northeast M2/ 2 series owners group on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/1832292440408437/
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 05:11 PM   #93
larry.beck
Second Lieutenant
larry.beck's Avatar
United_States
185
Rep
290
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by amancuso View Post
I was able to get the googlemaps app to work/update with ios12 but no Waze yet.
Yup yup... google maps was updated a couple of hours ago and now has CarPlay support
__________________
///M2 - 2018 LBB DCT
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 05:12 PM   #94
larry.beck
Second Lieutenant
larry.beck's Avatar
United_States
185
Rep
290
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Google maps was just updated a couple of hours ago and now includes CarPlay support.
__________________
///M2 - 2018 LBB DCT
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 05:43 PM   #95
scadagawd
Second Lieutenant
scadagawd's Avatar
Canada
23
Rep
234
Posts

Drives: BMW M2 2018
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Vancouver, BC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry.beck View Post
Yup yup... google maps was updated a couple of hours ago and now has CarPlay support
That's awesome. Do you know what the ETA is for waze?
__________________
BMW M2 2018 LBB
BMW X1 2016 PSM
Audi S4 2014 SMG
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 05:56 PM   #96
amancuso
Major
amancuso's Avatar
396
Rep
1,360
Posts

Drives: Z3, X5 4.8is,M5, M2
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Burlington, New Jersey

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2004 X5 4.8iS  [0.00]
2000 Z3  [0.00]
2003 M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scadagawd View Post
That's awesome. Do you know what the ETA is for waze?
Looks like Waze will be October sometime according to this article.
https://9to5mac.com/2018/09/14/waze-ios-12-carplay/
__________________
2016 428xi, 2000 Z3 2.3, 2003 M5, 2004 X5 4.8iS, 2018 M2 Visit the Northeast M2/ 2 series owners group on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/1832292440408437/
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 06:08 PM   #97
Who?
Colonel
Who?'s Avatar
Australia
447
Rep
2,207
Posts

Drives: F87 LCI
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Brisbane

iTrader: (0)

on google maps, can you use the idrive scroll wheel to zoom in and out? its one of the things that annoys me using apple maps
__________________
So far: 200cell downpipe, custom exhaust, lifhtweight splitter, m4 comp seats
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 07:22 PM   #98
eeyang92
Lieutenant
205
Rep
451
Posts

Drives: LBB M2 LCI 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

Oh boy, I may finally purchase CarPlay! No lie though, still a bit salty it's $300 when base models from other manufacturers get it for free.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 09:22 PM   #99
Banilejo
Enlisted Member
7
Rep
32
Posts

Drives: M2 LCI
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Boston MA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who? View Post
on google maps, can you use the idrive scroll wheel to zoom in and out? its one of the things that annoys me using apple maps
Doesnít seem like it, you need to click on the + and - symbols, also to move the map around you need to click on the arrows. Kind of clunky.

Iím also a bit disappointed you canít full screen the map, but this is a CarPlay/BMW limitation not google maps. I hadnít noticed since I never used the Apple maps and typically have split screen enabled.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 11:16 PM   #100
BJM2018
Private
Canada
17
Rep
92
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2 DCT
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry.beck View Post
Google maps was just updated a couple of hours ago and now includes CarPlay support.
Ya did the install earlier and tried it out, it works great. Waze should be soon...
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2018, 01:43 AM   #101
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
1295
Rep
4,052
Posts

Drives: AW M2 DCT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SW London

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry.beck View Post
Google maps was just updated a couple of hours ago and now includes CarPlay support.
Yup

iOS 12 + latest app update = google maps on CP.

No doubt next Waze app update will be along anytime to add Waze onto CP very soon



__________________
Fettled M135i EB AT - gone but not forgotten:
AW M2 DCT

Last edited by Bee Pee; 09-19-2018 at 01:52 AM..
Appreciate 1
termigni1049.50

      09-19-2018, 12:00 PM   #102
MarkDemma
Lieutenant
MarkDemma's Avatar
United_States
376
Rep
439
Posts

Drives: F22 M240i / E46 330Ci ZHP
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Hello! Stumbled in here from the 2 forums. I've been accepted into the Waze Beta program and am waiting for my TestFlight invite to be manually entered to start testing Waze in Car Play in my (not quite a)M 240.

From the forums it looks like it's not all that usable yet with lots of crashes but I'll see soon hopefully. Seeing as the engine is so damn quiet compared to my old E46 ZHP, I am finding myself looking down and saying stuff like "oh crap, how am I doing 80 already!" so having that little "police reported ahead" nagging might be a good thing, right? And perhaps it was good I didn't spend the extra $10K on a full on M2 else I'd really be getting myself into trouble.
Appreciate 1
      09-19-2018, 09:32 PM   #103
bmwizgoat
Private
7
Rep
86
Posts

Drives: 2017 sti
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDemma View Post
Hello! Stumbled in here from the 2 forums. I've been accepted into the Waze Beta program and am waiting for my TestFlight invite to be manually entered to start testing Waze in Car Play in my (not quite a)M 240.

From the forums it looks like it's not all that usable yet with lots of crashes but I'll see soon hopefully. Seeing as the engine is so damn quiet compared to my old E46 ZHP, I am finding myself looking down and saying stuff like "oh crap, how am I doing 80 already!" so having that little "police reported ahead" nagging might be a good thing, right? And perhaps it was good I didn't spend the extra $10K on a full on M2 else I'd really be getting myself into trouble.
I'm hoping the popularity of waze increases if it's on CarPlay so there's more reports
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2018, 03:50 AM   #104
articulatedsphinx
meow
articulatedsphinx's Avatar
No_Country
76
Rep
107
Posts

Drives: 2019 M2 Competition
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: M Town

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyang92 View Post
Oh boy, I may finally purchase CarPlay! No lie though, still a bit salty it's $300 when base models from other manufacturers get it for free.
Don't do it yet! I'm about to test out the ebay hack version next week and will report back lol. $120 bucks for lifetime activation.

Whether it works or not we shall see, although others I have talked to have had no issues.
Appreciate 1
VegasM280.00

      09-24-2018, 03:35 PM   #105
MiStR StEvO
First Lieutenant
MiStR StEvO's Avatar
United_States
23
Rep
317
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Orlando, FL

iTrader: (5)

Waze just got updated to work with Apple CarPlay!
__________________
2010 AW E90 335i M Sport
2012 GTR
2017 STi Limited
2018 LBB M2 DCT
Appreciate 1
///M TOWN2889.00

      09-24-2018, 03:42 PM   #106
larry.beck
Second Lieutenant
larry.beck's Avatar
United_States
185
Rep
290
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Yep, they pushed the update this morning. Sadly I'm sitting on a plane and won't be able to test this out until next weekend.
__________________
///M2 - 2018 LBB DCT
Appreciate 2
///M TOWN2889.00
termigni1049.50

      09-24-2018, 05:57 PM   #107
///M TOWN
.
///M TOWN's Avatar
2889
Rep
2,911
Posts

Drives: ///M
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: North America

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiStR StEvO View Post
Waze just got updated to work with Apple CarPlay!
Nice.

I will check it out after work today.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2018, 06:44 PM   #108
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
1295
Rep
4,052
Posts

Drives: AW M2 DCT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SW London

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiStR StEvO View Post
Waze just got updated to work with Apple CarPlay!
Yes
Attached Images
 
__________________
Fettled M135i EB AT - gone but not forgotten:
AW M2 DCT
Appreciate 1
termigni1049.50

      09-24-2018, 06:55 PM   #109
amancuso
Major
amancuso's Avatar
396
Rep
1,360
Posts

Drives: Z3, X5 4.8is,M5, M2
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Burlington, New Jersey

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2004 X5 4.8iS  [0.00]
2000 Z3  [0.00]
2003 M5  [0.00]
Waze is now available for iOS12.
__________________
2016 428xi, 2000 Z3 2.3, 2003 M5, 2004 X5 4.8iS, 2018 M2 Visit the Northeast M2/ 2 series owners group on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/1832292440408437/
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2018, 06:59 PM   #110
Steel28
Private First Class
62
Rep
105
Posts

Drives: 2018 F87 6MT AW
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: GTA

iTrader: (0)

Works like magic!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
android, android auto, carplay, idrive, ios

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14 PM.




m2
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST