BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > LIFTED! Delivery Stop on Certain BMW M2, M3, M4, 5 and 6 Series For Rear Differential

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-19-2016, 06:26 PM   #969
2M
Colonel
2M's Avatar
United_States
402
Rep
2,198
Posts

Drives: Mineral Grey M2
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New York

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmzanatta
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2M View Post
Same here, my car hit Newark July 8th and my estimated delivery date has now been pushed to Sept 3rd
That's pretty crazy. Is your car on the priority list?

Mine has been fixed, was ready yesterday, picking it up today.
its not on priority , i have not signed paperwork, just have deposit down
__________________
E9X Picture Game: 8 points: (High visibility jacket; Strip Club; Pizzeria; Sobriety Test; E9x dressed for Halloween, Billiards, Oil Change, Orange Cone)
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2016, 06:28 PM   #970
2M
Colonel
2M's Avatar
United_States
402
Rep
2,198
Posts

Drives: Mineral Grey M2
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New York

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb1857
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2M View Post
Same here, my car hit Newark July 8th and my estimated delivery date has now been pushed to Sept 3rd
What was your original delivery date before this mess started?
I think 7/12
__________________
E9X Picture Game: 8 points: (High visibility jacket; Strip Club; Pizzeria; Sobriety Test; E9x dressed for Halloween, Billiards, Oil Change, Orange Cone)
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2016, 07:40 PM   #971
JDubz
Second Lieutenant
63
Rep
245
Posts

Drives: 2013 335i
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Boston area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2M
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb1857
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2M View Post
Same here, my car hit Newark July 8th and my estimated delivery date has now been pushed to Sept 3rd
What was your original delivery date before this mess started?
I think 7/12
I thought cars with deposits were marked as sold
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2016, 08:02 PM   #972
Nothing
Roll Tide
Nothing's Avatar
United_States
248
Rep
502
Posts

Drives: White/red M3
Join Date: May 2015
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (0)

Just got a PCD date of 9/1.
It's a funny feeling... I want the car very much, and I'm very happy to have a PCD date so close but I also want to know that everything about the car is 100% now.
__________________
AW/SO - ED delivery 6/20/16
PCD - 9/1/16
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2016, 08:22 PM   #973
'Cane
Lieutenant Colonel
'Cane's Avatar
United_States
994
Rep
1,574
Posts

Drives: 2018 F80 Imolarot/ZCP
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing View Post
Just got a PCD date of 9/1.
It's a funny feeling... I want the car very much, and I'm very happy to have a PCD date so close but I also want to know that everything about the car is 100% now.
Nice!

When did your car get to the VPC?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2016, 09:19 PM   #974
Nothing
Roll Tide
Nothing's Avatar
United_States
248
Rep
502
Posts

Drives: White/red M3
Join Date: May 2015
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Cane View Post
Nice!

When did your car get to the VPC?
July 28/29. I've heard both dates.
__________________
AW/SO - ED delivery 6/20/16
PCD - 9/1/16
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2016, 10:33 PM   #975
xcusem3_
New Member
xcusem3_'s Avatar
3
Rep
13
Posts

Drives: 2016 M3
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

still waiting... car arrived at VPC 8/18, expected delivery date changes weekly but it currently is 9/4
__________________
2016 M3 6MT/YMB/ZCP/BlackFullLeather/Executive(On Order)
2008 550i(SOLD)
2003 330ci(SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2016, 02:57 AM   #976
2M
Colonel
2M's Avatar
United_States
402
Rep
2,198
Posts

Drives: Mineral Grey M2
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New York

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubz
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2M
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb1857
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2M View Post
Same here, my car hit Newark July 8th and my estimated delivery date has now been pushed to Sept 3rd
What was your original delivery date before this mess started?
I think 7/12
I thought cars with deposits were marked as sold
I guess, but I thought priority was for guys that had done euro trip and had already started making payments
__________________
E9X Picture Game: 8 points: (High visibility jacket; Strip Club; Pizzeria; Sobriety Test; E9x dressed for Halloween, Billiards, Oil Change, Orange Cone)
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2016, 07:48 AM   #977
bb1857
Major
bb1857's Avatar
851
Rep
1,417
Posts

Drives: 2020 X3MC
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Sykesville, MD

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335 E92  [0.00]
2015 BMW 428GC  [0.00]
2014 BMW 535i  [0.00]
The person handling my case called me yesterday and basically told me they have no idea when my car will get fixed and leave Germany. Its been sitting since July 4th and she said they have no parts available at the moment. So frustrating
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2016, 08:43 AM   #978
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
scottc's Avatar
610
Rep
1,578
Posts

Drives: Mercedes E350 Cpe
Join Date: May 2007
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb1857
The person handling my case called me yesterday and basically told me they have no idea when my car will get fixed and leave Germany. Its been sitting since July 4th and she said they have no parts available at the moment. So frustrating
Mine was built on the 7th and is also stuck in Germany.. I was told the parts would be there last week. No idea of that is true..

Think it's going to be a long wait
__________________
MG/SS M4 ZCP
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2016, 11:55 AM   #979
Vooj
Private
40
Rep
51
Posts

Drives: 2016 YMB M4 ZCP
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Northern California

iTrader: (0)

BMW NA seems to be helpful but they are definitely trying to pass the buck on me. With BMW Military Sales, your car is delivered to Japan, has the inspections, then shipped to your front door. They had to coordinate my repair with a local dealership here in California, and BMW NA is on top of getting my parts their ASAP but are not being helpful compensation department, even though I LEGALLY own the car but do not physically possess it as it is still on a delivery hold. My rep, who claims to be a manager, said I will be compensated at the end, but not in the amount of a car payment, of which I will likely make 3 before my car is repaired.

Big picture, I will have a fully registered car, insurance, and car payments and still not physically possess the vehicle. The car had to be paid in full before my production date of 31 May 2016. This is my 2nd M car and 4th BMW. I told the "manager" they likely lost me to Porsche after how this has been handled.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2016, 02:34 PM   #980
Nothing
Roll Tide
Nothing's Avatar
United_States
248
Rep
502
Posts

Drives: White/red M3
Join Date: May 2015
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vooj View Post
BMW NA seems to be helpful but they are definitely trying to pass the buck on me. With BMW Military Sales, your car is delivered to Japan, has the inspections, then shipped to your front door. They had to coordinate my repair with a local dealership here in California, and BMW NA is on top of getting my parts their ASAP but are not being helpful compensation department, even though I LEGALLY own the car but do not physically possess it as it is still on a delivery hold. My rep, who claims to be a manager, said I will be compensated at the end, but not in the amount of a car payment, of which I will likely make 3 before my car is repaired.

Big picture, I will have a fully registered car, insurance, and car payments and still not physically possess the vehicle. The car had to be paid in full before my production date of 31 May 2016. This is my 2nd M car and 4th BMW. I told the "manager" they likely lost me to Porsche after how this has been handled.
That's BS. I see no reason you won't be fully compensated for the payments. Who did you finance through? Why do you have insurance on the car? I don't have insurance starting until the day I take possession.
__________________
AW/SO - ED delivery 6/20/16
PCD - 9/1/16
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2016, 02:41 PM   #981
karthikrg
New Member
United_States
2
Rep
11
Posts

Drives: 2016 F82 BMW M4 Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: San Jose, California

iTrader: (0)

I did ED for my M4 on 6/9 and dropped off on 6/19 in Munich. Car reached Port Hueneme VPC on 8/11 and stuck there since then. No ETA on repair completion date.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2016, 07:50 PM   #982
Halewafa
Lieutenant
Halewafa's Avatar
347
Rep
432
Posts

Drives: SO/SO M4
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Indianapolis, IN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthikrg View Post
I did ED for my M4 on 6/9 and dropped off on 6/19 in Munich. Car reached Port Hueneme VPC on 8/11 and stuck there since then. No ETA on repair completion date.
Interesting, pretty similar to my time frame. Dropped off on 6/21 in Munich. Mine went to Brunswick though for PCD. Repairs were completed on 8/15 and PCD is scheduled for 8/29. The good thing about yours is that you should be getting compensation since your max time is 8 weeks, mine is 10 weeks so I missed it by 1 day.
__________________
2016 M4 - Current - SO/SO - Full leather - DCT - Comp Package - Executive Package - Lighting Package - Side/Top Cameras (ED Thread)
2006 tC - Sold
1996 Silverado - Sold
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2016, 07:56 PM   #983
theriz
Brigadier General
United_States
398
Rep
3,604
Posts

Drives: 2017 M3
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ventura County, CA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2017 F80 M3  [0.00]
2011 335i M-Sport  [2.00]
2015 M3  [0.00]
2009 X5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Das_M3 View Post
still waiting... car arrived at VPC 8/18, expected delivery date changes weekly but it currently is 9/4
How are you finding this out? Are you calling BMW?

My car arrived yesterday but hasn't been scanned yet so no one really knows if its affected by the Diff issue. Build date is 7-21
__________________
2017 F80 YMB, ZCP, ZEC, ZLP, DCT. Production Date: 7/15/16
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2016, 11:06 PM   #984
karthikrg
New Member
United_States
2
Rep
11
Posts

Drives: 2016 F82 BMW M4 Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: San Jose, California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halewafa View Post
Interesting, pretty similar to my time frame. Dropped off on 6/21 in Munich. Mine went to Brunswick though for PCD. Repairs were completed on 8/15 and PCD is scheduled for 8/29. The good thing about yours is that you should be getting compensation since your max time is 8 weeks, mine is 10 weeks so I missed it by 1 day.
I am on the west coast, and the BMW rep told me its 8-10 weeks. They will compensate only if it goes beyond 10 weeks, and the 10 week mark is next saturday.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2016, 02:21 AM   #985
xcusem3_
New Member
xcusem3_'s Avatar
3
Rep
13
Posts

Drives: 2016 M3
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theriz View Post
How are you finding this out? Are you calling BMW?

My car arrived yesterday but hasn't been scanned yet so no one really knows if its affected by the Diff issue. Build date is 7-21
I work at a dealer, meanwhile still upset and carless.. no special treatment for me
__________________
2016 M3 6MT/YMB/ZCP/BlackFullLeather/Executive(On Order)
2008 550i(SOLD)
2003 330ci(SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2016, 02:25 AM   #986
Dabozo
Major
Dabozo's Avatar
565
Rep
1,363
Posts

Drives: M2 BSM MT
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing View Post
That's BS. I see no reason you won't be fully compensated for the payments. Who did you finance through? Why do you have insurance on the car? I don't have insurance starting until the day I take possession.
Agree. No reason why u should be making nsurance payments already.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2016, 08:49 AM   #987
Halewafa
Lieutenant
Halewafa's Avatar
347
Rep
432
Posts

Drives: SO/SO M4
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Indianapolis, IN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthikrg View Post
I am on the west coast, and the BMW rep told me its 8-10 weeks. They will compensate only if it goes beyond 10 weeks, and the 10 week mark is next saturday.
Ah, that makes more sense. Guess looking at your location before replying would have been smart.
__________________
2016 M4 - Current - SO/SO - Full leather - DCT - Comp Package - Executive Package - Lighting Package - Side/Top Cameras (ED Thread)
2006 tC - Sold
1996 Silverado - Sold
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2016, 09:54 AM   #988
whatever
New Member
whatever's Avatar
13
Rep
24
Posts

Drives: e90
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Hi all,

I just found out about this thread . My ED was 7/8 and drop-off on 7/20. The car arrived Brunswick on 8/10 .

Subscribed.
Appreciate 1
Chuck W.225.00

      08-21-2016, 03:14 PM   #989
Chuck W.
Second Lieutenant
Chuck W.'s Avatar
225
Rep
237
Posts

Drives: '12 535I M-Sport
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Agoura Hill (LA) CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever View Post
Hi all,

I just found out about this thread . My ED was 7/8 and drop-off on 7/20. The car arrived Brunswick on 8/10 .

Subscribed.
We are very close and arrived in Brunswick Georgia together on the Orion Highway; ED on 7/12, Drop-Off on 7/19. And.... no word on when delivery will be. Ugh....

Someone posted this in the m3 forums to help track how long this process is taking for everyone. Great idea just enter some basic info:

https://sites.google.com/site/mdeliverystop/

Edit: credit to m_matt

__________________
2016 BMW M2 LBB 6 Sp / ED Pick Up on 07/12/2016 / US Pick Up on 09/22/2016
2012 BMW 535I M-Sport / ED Pick Up on 12/03/2011; US Pick Up on 01/27/1012
1995 Porsche 993 Cab

Last edited by Chuck W.; 08-21-2016 at 04:00 PM..
Appreciate 2
m_matt56.50

      08-22-2016, 02:38 AM   #990
cibble10
Enlisted Member
cibble10's Avatar
11
Rep
36
Posts

Drives: M3 F80
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Guernsey

iTrader: (0)

UK - Diff replacement and Bolts!

Warning!!!

As many of you will have noticed in this thread the replacement diff can't be refitted without new bolts (per fitting guidelines). Seems BMW does not automatically ship the bolts with the diff (!!!!!!!!!) even though the diff cannot be properly fitted without them so please make sure your dealer knows this. Mine (as others) has ordered and received the diff but has had to then order the bolts. BMW really needs to create a diff replacement order number on their system that bundles the diff with the bolts!

Upside, my F80 is booked in this Thursday (GB dealership) to have the work done.

Fingers crossed for no further surprises.

Wishing all on this thread the best of luck with getting their car repaired ASAP!!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:57 AM.




m2
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST