BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > COVID-19 therapy: a long drive in our cars is just what the doctor orders!

04-08-2020, 10:05 PM   #221
MrMurkle
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2 competition

[QUOTE=Poochie;25950411]I'm selfish? Really? That hurts because its so far from the truth and I really don't have any shame to say otherwise, had It been true, as a selfish person wouldn't.

Get off your soapbox already, no one comes here for information on a pandemic, we're just shooting the breeze and if you want to bury your head in the sand and believe the world is ending, more power to you and maybe if you buying into all that, then you should also try praying, that might work..

I simply believe opposite and like I clearly mention is just my opinion. I'm not trying to sway folks either way, I pinky promise.

I couldn't care less either way, I've been social distancing before it became a thing.

My "selfishness" for one, spans from the folks that live hand-to-mouth and depend on a check every week to survive but is unnecessarily displaced because of virus the risk of contracting is less than winning the lotto.

I resent the fact I'm labeled as anything when my heart is clean but instead of using that to think, I use my brain.

I'm always willing to accept new information and humble myself if I'm wrong, as everyday is college for me but so far, I'm not convinced that the entire globe needed to spot spinning on its axis simple because some people got sick but we'll leave it that because I feel my point of view is getting lost in translation and being misconstrued.

Enjoy your healthy diet of the media KoolAid, lap it but for now, I'll continue drinking my Corona until supposed Armageddon but until then, lets just amicably agree to disagree on the subject because I actually appreciate most of your contributions here.

For the record, I don't believe society is being totally unreasonable, considering the facts but merely overacting based on the media's [I]domino

Guess you kind of prove you are ignorant. Not smart and seem like not a very nice person. Overreacting you say lololol wow you are dumb
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2020, 10:23 PM   #222
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

@MrMurkle

Hey, Ms Murkle, What's your deal with me?

Your life is that pathetic that you're seriously rehashing old subjects, that lost steam, like weeks ago, in some sort of misguided attempt to burn me? I could only say one thing "LOL"

I must of said something to offend your sensibility. Poor thing, I'll try to live with the disappointment.

Go tickle your balls somewhere else for amusement, I'm not the one.
Appreciate 2
      04-09-2020, 01:22 AM   #223
Brandt51
Flavor of the month
Rep
Drives: BMW F87 M2C

Garage List
2020 BMW F87  [9.50]
Was that 280 kilometers on the video accurate? Is that a stock M2? I’m fairly certain mine stops at 155mph (250ish kilos)? Is the speed inaccurate on the vid? Nit bashing, just curious. That looked like a fun run.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2020, 01:23 AM   #224
Brandt51
Flavor of the month
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW F87  [9.50]
[QUOTE=MrMurkle;26025711]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
I'm selfish? Really? That hurts because its so far from the truth and I really don't have any shame to say otherwise, had It been true, as a selfish person wouldn't.

Get off your soapbox already, no one comes here for information on a pandemic, we're just shooting the breeze and if you want to bury your head in the sand and believe the world is ending, more power to you and maybe if you buying into all that, then you should also try praying, that might work..

I simply believe opposite and like I clearly mention is just my opinion. I'm not trying to sway folks either way, I pinky promise.

I couldn't care less either way, I've been social distancing before it became a thing.

My "selfishness" for one, spans from the folks that live hand-to-mouth and depend on a check every week to survive but is unnecessarily displaced because of virus the risk of contracting is less than winning the lotto.

I resent the fact I'm labeled as anything when my heart is clean but instead of using that to think, I use my brain.

I'm always willing to accept new information and humble myself if I'm wrong, as everyday is college for me but so far, I'm not convinced that the entire globe needed to spot spinning on its axis simple because some people got sick but we'll leave it that because I feel my point of view is getting lost in translation and being misconstrued.

Enjoy your healthy diet of the media KoolAid, lap it but for now, I'll continue drinking my Corona until supposed Armageddon but until then, lets just amicably agree to disagree on the subject because I actually appreciate most of your contributions here.

For the record, I don't believe society is being totally unreasonable, considering the facts but merely overacting based on the media's [I]domino

Guess you kind of prove you are ignorant. Not smart and seem like not a very nice person. Overreacting you say lololol wow you are dumb
Bruh
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2020, 04:15 AM   #225
Bender82
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: 330i G21 (2020)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandt51 View Post
Was that 280 kilometers on the video accurate? Is that a stock M2? I’m fairly certain mine stops at 155mph (250ish kilos)? Is the speed inaccurate on the vid? Nit bashing, just curious. That looked like a fun run.
GPS of the GoPro said ist was real 286 km/h (Speedo said 290). Car goes faster with the optional M Driver‘s Package. Don‘t know if this is available in all countries.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2020, 12:49 PM   #226
Brandt51
Flavor of the month
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW F87  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender82 View Post
GPS of the GoPro said ist was real 286 km/h (Speedo said 290). Car goes faster with the optional M Driver‘s Package. Don‘t know if this is available in all countries.
Ah, We have that option here too. The dealer told me it has to be ordered with it and I couldn't add it if the car was in transit

Looks legit. 4 kilometer difference? The speedo seems really accurate.
2020 F87 M2 Comp
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2020, 01:14 PM   #227
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Took a drive yesterday just before the storm, and man, you aren't kidding, it's just the thing to make you feel everything is right in the world, if only for those few moments.

EDIT: By the way, this is a church parking lot (don't they always have the best parking lots?) less than 2 miles from my home, and I didn't come into contact with a single person during my photoshoot. The top on the Exige doesn't stow, so as soon as the first drops fell I headed home. More quarantine, but now with many photo's to edit.
Attached Images

Last edited by VisualEcho; 04-09-2020 at 01:21 PM..
Appreciate 10
Tag18122.00
Supernaut391.00
MMMBRAP975.50
Sarg33554.50
csbear1118.00
hlm2c289.50
      04-09-2020, 01:59 PM   #228
andrettifan
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C; 2017 330i wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
Took a drive yesterday just before the storm, and man, you aren't kidding, it's just the thing to make you feel everything is right in the world, if only for those few moments.

EDIT: By the way, this is a church parking lot (don't they always have the best parking lots?) less than 2 miles from my home, and I didn't come into contact with a single person during my photoshoot. The top on the Exige doesn't stow, so as soon as the first drops fell I headed home. More quarantine, but now with many photo's to edit.
Stunning photo!
      04-09-2020, 02:17 PM   #229
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrettifan View Post
Stunning photo!
Once I get the M dropped a bit and my FI-R's, you guys will start to see some great photo's of it. She's a beauty for sure.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2020, 09:54 PM   #230
warrenw
Food Critic
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 19 AW M2C, 21 M340i

Before all of this I drove my M2 4k miles in 9 months. Now I'm driving 88 miles a day (44 each way) to and from work, as there's no traffic so I stopped taking public transportation - that and my work banned it.
Hate that all this is going on, but definitely liking the traffic situation.
Got a nail in my tire yesterday, had to get another PS4S... $350 later...
      04-10-2020, 07:52 AM   #231
BigKutta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C, 2019 330xi, 2017 Q7

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenw View Post
Before all of this I drove my M2 4k miles in 9 months. Now I'm driving 88 miles a day (44 each way) to and from work, as there's no traffic so I stopped taking public transportation
Now, there is a silver lining in this thread. You actually get to drive your M2!
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2020, 11:13 AM   #232
warrenw
Food Critic
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 19 AW M2C, 21 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKutta View Post
Now, there is a silver lining in this thread. You actually get to drive your M2!
Yup - and since it's freeway driving, 25-26mpg! And I'm getting mileage so really it's not a bad gig.

Other than the 12 hour shifts.
      04-10-2020, 05:42 PM   #233
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

That dbag Trump is negotiating for oil producers to cut oil production, so prices will increase. As race car drivers are an under-represented minority in the USA (I'd go as far to say we aren't represented at all and are even an oppressed minority due to government mandated speed limits, and noise/emission laws) we must unite and rally against this from happening!

I'm kinda posting this as satire lol.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2020, 05:44 PM   #234
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep

Quote:

Sick! What lens and camera?
Appreciate 1
VisualEcho6629.00
      04-10-2020, 08:47 PM   #235
MMMBRAP
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

This thread has gotten really weird, lol.

I think the pandemic has gotten us all on edge for sure.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2020, 08:56 PM   #236
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMBRAP View Post

Don't blame the virus, people are who they are...
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
      04-10-2020, 08:59 PM   #237
MMMBRAP
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Don't blame the virus, people are who they are...
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2020, 09:13 PM   #238
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMBRAP View Post

Probably. My head has been wrapped up in all the news for days on end. Trying to figure out if the cryptocurrency market is going to crash and I should sell some before it does. I think the stock market will soon. Probably on Monday when it re-opens. But will crypto be affected? I think so, but I don't know. Should I sell? Probably. But what if I'm wrong? Can I afford to sustain myself on my current income if crypto crashes and I need to hold for a few years for it to rebound? Will it rebound? Is it still needed and a useful technology or are governments gonna issue their own digital currency and the world will never use crypto for more than investing? There's a lot on my mind lately.

I'm also sure I have to socially distance myself for an additional 3 months longer than anyone else, because I bought way too much food haha. Last week I was like "I should go grocery shopping before people get their food stamps and social security checks and sell out the store" Today I was like "I should go grocery shopping before people get their stimulus checks and sell out the store" Even though I already had enough food for an entire month at home. Though I'm enjoying looking at what I have in the house and making creative healthy meals out of it, I definitely miss interacting with people when I would almost exclusively eat fast food and take out.

Lastly, I'm not particularly sure I know how to be social and interact with people anymore. I live alone and don't have family, so other than texting 1-2 people a few times a week, I have no social interaction. When I was at Walmart today, at the cashier, I was thinking in my head "I don't know how to talk to you anymore" so I starred at the floor while she rang up my items.

Oh and another thing. I'm trying to get my mayor to purchase and manufacture masks and cleaning supplies for us. To prepare the city for opening back up, while giving people temporary jobs until the economy restarts. But she still doesn't do a damn thing except promote local restaurants and follow what other leaders are doing and saying 1-2 weeks after they do them. Being an attractive 26yr old woman, I think she's used to guys providing everything for her and things magically appearing because they want to get in her pants.

Last edited by Anthony1s; 04-10-2020 at 09:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2020, 09:34 PM   #239
MMMBRAP
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
Probably. My head has been wrapped up in all the news for days on end. Trying to figure out if the cryptocurrency market is going to crash and I should sell some before it does. I think the stock market will soon. Probably on Monday when it re-opens. But will crypto be affected? I think so, but I don't know. Should I sell? Probably. But what if I'm wrong? Can I afford to sustain myself on my current income if crypto crashes and I need to hold for a few years for it to rebound? Will it rebound? Is it still needed and a useful technology or are governments gonna issue their own digital currency and the world will never use crypto for more than investing? There's a lot on my mind lately.
I never bought into crypto, but all anyone ever says about it is "HODL". It's just something you really just leave alone and forget about, and shouldn't be your primary investment anyway. If anything, I think the golden rule is, if investing in crypto, go at it with the mindset that it's money you're going to throw away.

Quote:
I'm also sure I have to socially distance myself for an additional 3 months longer than anyone else, because I bought way too much food haha. Last week I was like "I should go grocery shopping before people get their food stamps and social security checks and sell out the store" Today I was like "I should go grocery shopping before people get their stimulus checks and sell out the store" Even though I already had enough food for an entire month at home. Though I'm enjoying looking at what I have in the house and making creative healthy meals out of it, I definitely miss interacting with people when I would almost exclusively eat fast food and take out.
I eat very little (lol) so I really only buy about 2 weeks worth, then go to the grocery store. That said, I'm SO SICK OF GROCERY shopping/cooking right now, because on weekends I'll drive to Queens, NY (I live in Connecticut right now) for my weekend restaurant treat, and get my haircut while I'm in town. At this point, NYC is a freaking petri dish, everything is closed, and I'm pretty sure my usual salon is going to be out of business for good by the time this entire shit show is over.

Quote:
Lastly, I'm not particularly sure I know how to be social and interact with people anymore. I live alone and don't have family, so other than texting 1-2 people a few times a week, I have no social interaction. When I was at Walmart today, at the cashier, I was thinking in my head "I don't know how to talk to you anymore" so I starred at the floor while she rang up my items.
I'm an introvert by nature so I never really interacted with people much, outside of co-workers and work clients. LOL @ "I don't know how to talk to you anymore."
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2020, 07:40 AM   #240
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Sick! What lens and camera?
Thanks man. Nikon D800 + Nikkor 85/1.4. But there is quite a bit of witchcraft involved as well.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2020, 12:35 PM   #241
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Thanks man. Nikon D800 + Nikkor 85/1.4. But there is quite a bit of witchcraft involved as well.
Nice. I have a GH5 and various lenses that I use for video. Panasonic 12-35 f2.8, Olympus 7-14 f.28, and Sigma 18-35 F1.8 with metabones speedbooster.

I used to have the Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 that I used with the speedbooster for car photos. But I sold it because I didn't use it enough. I forget what the lens turned into after the crop factor and speedbooster, but it was a pretty sick combo.
Appreciate 1
VisualEcho6629.00
      04-11-2020, 01:26 PM   #242
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Nice. I have a GH5 and various lenses that I use for video. Panasonic 12-35 f2.8, Olympus 7-14 f.28, and Sigma 18-35 F1.8 with metabones speedbooster.

I used to have the Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 that I used with the speedbooster for car photos. But I sold it because I didn't use it enough. I forget what the lens turned into after the crop factor and speedbooster, but it was a pretty sick combo.
I'm a shallow dof guy, so I use a 24/1.4, 58/1.4, 85/1.4, 135/2, and 200/2.

98% of my work is with the 200/2. It was an expensive lens, but photography paid for it, so essentially it was free.

I have a 20/1.8, but only use it for rigging.
Appreciate 0