BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > The Best M Car Ever ? - Joe Achilles

12-21-2020, 07:29 AM   #67
dgm3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 E36/E46 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
The M2 CS features Merino leather instead of Dakota leather. No Nappa leather.

BMW leather: see here.
"Merino Leather
If you want your BMW leather to really impress your passengers, you’ll need Merino. While Nappa leather is standard on most luxury BMWs, it’s the Merino leather that’s optional on them. Even the 7 Series makes you pay more for Merino leather because it’s the best that BMW offers. Some higher-end M models come with it and most Individual leather options are made from the stuff as well. It’s the finest quality cowhide BMW offers and it’s not dyed with any artificial colors or coatings. So it’s the richest and most premium leather among the bunch. But it’s also the most expensive and will require care and maintenance to keep its quality and look."
Sure, my bad... Anyhow both are a significant upgrade vs the standard Dakota. Just hate the Dakota on my M2C, looks and feels cheap compared to the Nappa on the E36/E46.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2020, 12:01 PM   #68
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

I sat in an M2CS. The Merino leather is beautiful and feels expensive. If I'd never seen it and felt it in person I wouldn't have missed it, now I do.
Appreciate 3
Hedoniste3820.50
F87EVO4031.00
Bimmed Out1908.50
      12-21-2020, 04:49 PM   #69
yaymitch
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2CS & 2022 RSQ8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpsRider View Post
I sat in an M2CS. The Merino leather is beautiful and feels expensive. If I'd never seen it and felt it in person I wouldn't have missed it, now I do.
Not to mention, the lack of sliding in the Dakota leather seats when tracking the car. No 'M' car should have the Dakota leather seats. Merino is an upgrade for both luxury and performance driving.
Bimmed Out1908.50
      12-21-2020, 07:52 PM   #70
Ikester19
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340ix; F30 328i msport

Garage List
2018 330i LCI  [0.00]
2020 G20 M340ix  [0.00]
One of the main differences is the adaptive suspension setup which he goes on about. IMO this should have been offered in the OG and M2C to begin with. Would have made those cars so much easier to live with.
Appreciate 1
Bimmed Out1908.50
      12-22-2020, 01:59 PM   #71
gemini.m3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 xDrive comp

This video does seem a little influenced in comparison to his others. The thing with mid size you tubers and even your larger ones is - they are heavily influenced by the brand that provides these “review samples” if you’re a gamer or are close to the gaming hardware of industry there was just a big thing that happened with nvidia pulling review samples from a youtuber because they didn’t like the narrative direction of his videos as it relates to their product

So this applies to this industry as well- if joe is super hard the car maybe bmw doesn’t give him a sample of the g80 m3 to put out there on his channel to garner views. I’m a little concerned now about how different his opinion in on his official review video versus the first two he out out on this car, but it’s whatever.
Appreciate 1
      12-22-2020, 02:16 PM   #72
M2Cmtl
Major
Rep
Drives: 21 Q7 & 22 4XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by deceptiv.M3 View Post
This video does seem a little influenced in comparison to his others. The thing with mid size you tubers and even your larger ones is - they are heavily influenced by the brand that provides these “review samples” if you’re a gamer or are close to the gaming hardware of industry there was just a big thing that happened with nvidia pulling review samples from a youtuber because they didn’t like the narrative direction of his videos as it relates to their product

So this applies to this industry as well- if joe is super hard the car maybe bmw doesn’t give him a sample of the g80 m3 to put out there on his channel to garner views. I’m a little concerned now about how different his opinion in on his official review video versus the first two he out out on this car, but it’s whatever.
Doesn't he call himself Mr. BMW? Anyways Joe had 3 gripes with the M2C that he owns; no sound; crappy dakota leather and thick steering wheel. With the M2 CS you get the nicer leather

For sure all these youtubers go easy on cars. Only Chris harris has the balls to talk shiet about a car.
      12-29-2020, 06:47 AM   #73
LeedsM4
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathObeaN View Post
Why do UK car magazines and press keep reviewing the M2CS when you can't order one in the UK and never have been able to? We received a tiny amount that were available to select customers pre-launch and then the engine was banned in the EU... so what's the point in all this marketing for UK/EU market when it's an unobtainable product. I get it that US customers watch some of this stuff too but it just seems odd.
Bitter - Yes you can order these in the UK and no the engine is not banned in the EU... (how does that even make sense if it's clearly in Joe's video driving around?) There's 6 stock cars available here at the moment already, just waiting for someone to buy them.

You need to screw your head on
Appreciate 0