BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > VET is on the cover of the latest F1 Racing magazine and it's not good....

09-14-2019, 06:06 PM   #1
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

VET is on the cover of the latest F1 Racing magazine and it's not good....

SPECIAL REPORT
UNRAVELING SEBASTIAN VETTEL
Inside the mind of a world champion who's lost his way

Not many of us will walk by a magazine rack today and find a picture of themselves on the cover, with a quote like the one above....

I'm reading the article now, and it highlights pics and a few of VET's recent misgivings in words:

These are quotes from the article....

VET vs HAM was the most anticipated F1 match-up of recent times but HAM very much has the upper hand at the moment.

Baku 2017: a red-mist moment, crucial in that season's title fight between HAM and VET. VET incurred a 10-second time penalty for deliberately driving into HAM prior to the second Safety Car restart in retaliation for what he perceived to be a brake test.

VET's error in Germany 2018, sliding off in light rain when leading, handed the race and championship lead to HAM and he was always playing catch-up from that point.

VET's attempt to hold off HAM in Italy 2018 ended badly for the German, as did his contest with the Mercedes driver in Canada 2019 when a first win of the season seemed inevitable. VET felt the stewards robbed him of that race and he switched the placement of the Park Ferme' P1 and P2 signs.

The mistakes have kept on coming. At Silverstone 2019 VET locked up and slammed into VER at Vale while trying to regain third.

In my own words....

And I should add the Singapore 2018 start when VET was involved in a massive shunt, taking out multiple cars.

I remember the four consecutive WDC's during his dominance with RBR....those were his best days, it appears.

Can he recover his winning form?

Will Scuderia Ferrari make a call to bring in another 21 year old?

Last edited by racerbruce; 09-15-2019 at 02:32 PM..
Appreciate 1
      09-14-2019, 06:18 PM   #2
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
dtla1826.00
      09-15-2019, 08:08 AM   #3
madmax240
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

I think Vet has a good relationship with Ferrari team management so he'll be around at the start of 2020. But if he's not a contender, they will get someone else in.

and it won't be Alonso, it won't be Ves, and it won't be Ham.

it'll be someone to be LeClerc's wingman. so someone who has proven they can develop a car but doesn't need to be the next WDC. TBH the most likely candidates seems to be Kimi again, or Ric, or Kvyat, or Perez (but he's got a 3 year contract with racing point).

Last edited by madmax240; 09-15-2019 at 08:09 AM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 1
      09-15-2019, 10:31 AM   #4
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax240 View Post
I think Vet has a good relationship with Ferrari team management so he'll be around at the start of 2020. But if he's not a contender, they will get someone else in.

it'll be someone to be LeClerc's wingman. so someone who has proven they can develop a car but doesn't need to be the next WDC. TBH the most likely candidates seems to be Kimi again, or Ric, or Kvyat, or Perez (but he's got a 3 year contract with racing point).
If it does come to that then I doubt it will be Kimi,not for a third time.
Appreciate 1
      09-15-2019, 11:20 AM   #5
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:

I'm not sure about that...
According the latest from MAX , he said I want to drive in the fastest car . If that car is red , so be it . But for the moment I'm very happy at Red Bull .In the Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport it was big news !
Perhaps he's thinking forward , as for the 2021 season .
Of course in F1 , situations can change very quickly .

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58897.50
      09-15-2019, 11:43 AM   #6
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
According the latest from MAX , he said I want to drive in the fastest car . If that car is red , so be it . But for the moment I'm very happy at Red Bull .In the Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport it was big news !
This is what I see,Max going to the reds in '21.Frankly I can't see any of the others coming close.
Appreciate 1
      09-15-2019, 12:12 PM   #7
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
This is what I see,Max going to the reds in '21.Frankly I can't see any of the others coming close.
Yeah . Of course all will depend of the HONDA engine at that moment .
If the HONDA power source is strong enough to compete with the Merc's and Ferrari's in all the races of the season , I think MAX will stay at Red-Bull .

So , let us say MAX is for the moment open for proposals from the red's and the silver arrows

Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 12:45 PM   #8
apexit4
Major
Poland
Rep
Drives: 335D M-Sport, X5D

Quote:

If I remember correctly, Perez has a clause in his contract that would allow him to leave Racing Point if a top team becomes an option for him. I doubt that will happen though.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 01:50 PM   #9
mk1-fan
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2018 G30 540i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
I have to say, I find it extremely unlikely that Max will be at RBR after 2020. My guess is he will move to Merc, as they are currently in a much better situation than Ferrari.
Appreciate 1
      09-15-2019, 03:30 PM   #10
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

I keep wondering how much VET's personal life is infringing into his driving. He did finally marry Hanna this year, perhaps he is leaning towards simplifying his life.
Appreciate 1
      09-15-2019, 03:40 PM   #11
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk1-fan View Post
I have to say, I find it extremely unlikely that Max will be at RBR after 2020. My guess is he will move to Merc, as they are currently in a much better situation than Ferrari.
I think my answer you can read in my post # 7 above .
In short...All depends from the HONDA power source at that moment...

Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 05:11 PM   #12
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

Vettel's last 2 years in 10 seconds..

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2ayp-UA...on_share_sheet
      09-15-2019, 05:24 PM   #13
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

This is....

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
Vettel's last 2 years in 10 seconds..

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2ayp-UA...on_share_sheet
FREAKING HILARIOUS!
      09-16-2019, 02:58 AM   #14
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
SPECIAL REPORT
UNRAVELING SEBASTIAN VETTEL
Inside the mind of a world champion who's lost his way

Not many of us will walk by a magazine rack today and find a picture of themselves on the cover, with a quote like the one above....

I'm reading the article now, and it highlights pics and a few of VET's recent misgivings in words:

These are quotes from the article....

VET vs HAM was the most anticipated F1 match-up of recent times but HAM very much has the upper hand at the moment.

Baku 2017: a red-mist moment, crucial in that season's title fight between HAM and VET. VET incurred a 10-second time penalty for deliberately driving into HAM prior to the second Safety Car restart in retaliation for what he perceived to be a brake test.

VET's error in Germany 2018, sliding off in light rain when leading, handed the race and championship lead to HAM and he was always playing catch-up from that point.

VET's attempt to hold off HAM in Italy 2018 ended badly for the German, as did his contest with the Mercedes driver in Canada 2019 when a first win of the season seemed inevitable. VET felt the stewards robbed him of that race and he switched the placement of the Park Ferme' P1 and P2 signs.

The mistakes have kept on coming. At Silverstone 2019 VET locked up and slammed into VER at Vale while trying to regain third.

In my own words....

And I should add the Singapore 2018 start when VET was involved in a massive shunt, taking out multiple cars.

I remember the four consecutive WDC's during his dominance with RBR....those were his best days, it appears.

Can he recover his winning form?

Will Scuderia Ferrari make a call to bring in another 21 year old?
I used to buy m/racing magazines when there was something meaningful to show on the cover, now it's all either win or lose,guilty or not, with there being little in between.
For me an important thing in Canada was when Seb in my opinion quite rightly switches the boards and the expressions and cheering from all his Ferrari crew made my day and this should be the leading article and at least to be questioning the mind set of the stewards there.
In Baku it looked very much like Ham brake tested when bunched up close, you don't do that and the bump was sensationalised moving away from the real cause of why,stewards must realise there is a reason for everything.
i think you are referring to the 17' Singapore mayhem when both Ferraris were taken out.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 08:24 AM   #15
msk340i
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i M sport

Agree. Motorsport and F1 Racing are like the dailymail of Motorsport magazines.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 08:50 AM   #16
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

F1 Racing magazine....

Quote:
I used to buy m/racing magazines when there was something meaningful to show on the cover, now it's all either win or lose,guilty or not, with there being little in between.
For me an important thing in Canada was when Seb in my opinion quite rightly switches the boards and the expressions and cheering from all his Ferrari crew made my day and this should be the leading article and at least to be questioning the mind set of the stewards there.
In Baku it looked very much like Ham brake tested when bunched up close, you don't do that and the bump was sensationalised moving away from the real cause of why,stewards must realise there is a reason for everything.
i think you are referring to the 17' Singapore mayhem when both Ferraris were taken out.
Your perspective states "used to buy m/racing magazines"....I subscribe to the UK publication F1 Racing magazine and find the articles massively in-depth, deep dive technical articles on multiple subjects, very detailed 5-7 part series (incredible access to McLaren, Ferrari, F1 aerodynamics, carbon brakes, etc) on topics and information that would never be published without the magazine's unprecented access to people and places.

VET's choice to relocate the parc ferme' position signage was sophomoric at best. If you're looking for sensationalized press, F1 Racing did not capitalize on VET's stunt.

You are correct; it was Singapore 2017 where both Ferrari's took out a large portion of the field at Turn 1.

While I totally enjoy posting my opinions on Zpost and in this specific thread, information posted here is mostly opinions. The previously mentioned deep dives by F1 Racing magazine into this beloved motorsport is unprecedented and exciting.

I suggest picking up a copy of the magazine or accessing it on-line as part of your enjoyment of this incredible portion of motorsport.

Regards
      09-16-2019, 11:06 AM   #17
msk340i
Major
Rep

There's an Arabic proverb that literally translates to "the knives are more when the camel falls". Vettel is an easy target now for fat men sitting behind computer screen (I mean reporters and pundits not you guys). F1's YouTube channel played Stroll calling Vettel an idiot in almost every video covering the Italian GP,. They played Baku's incident a million times but barely played HAM brake checking him. Motorsports' YouTube channel made a million videos talking about how VET is finished and how he's almost banned and they even went to the length of playing G Piola's analysis of RB's car in the 2009 season (which didn't make any sense to me) on how Vettel should've won because he had the "dominant" car when every single commentator said Brawn's car was dominant and how 2009 was a fairytale season for them. Vettel and his mishaps are a juicy subject and it is what is selling nowadays. Nobody is talking about midfield fights. It is easy to call what he did in Canada sophomoric but it made me among a lot of people support him even more because he showed his passion unfiltered in front of millions of people watching around the world.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick58897.50
3798j11168.50
Bartledoo2690.00
      09-16-2019, 11:23 AM   #18
3GFX
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW Z4 3.0i

He's done and should have been done a while ago. I'm surprised that they still supported him with full weight stating they were still treating him as their #1 at Ferrari.

I've never been a fan of his driving or his demeanor.

His racing licence doesn't need much on it before he may have to sit out a race. He is under a lot of pressure from all angles and I don't think he can hold it. He'll crack even worse. If he doesn't I'll be impressed.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 11:30 AM   #19
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
Your perspective states "used to buy m/racing magazines"....I subscribe to the UK publication F1 Racing magazine and find the articles massively in-depth, deep dive technical articles on multiple subjects, very detailed 5-7 part series (incredible access to McLaren, Ferrari, F1 aerodynamics, carbon brakes, etc) on topics and information that would never be published without the magazine's unprecented access to people and places.

VET's choice to relocate the parc ferme' position signage was sophomoric at best. If you're looking for sensationalized press, F1 Racing did not capitalize on VET's stunt.

You are correct; it was Singapore 2017 where both Ferrari's took out a large portion of the field at Turn 1.

While I totally enjoy posting my opinions on Zpost and in this specific thread, information posted here is mostly opinions. The previously mentioned deep dives by F1 Racing magazine into this beloved motorsport is unprecedented and exciting.

I suggest picking up a copy of the magazine or accessing it on-line as part of your enjoyment of this incredible portion of motorsport.

Regards
Nope I disagree,wasn't neither of the Ferrari's fault in Singapore '17 as Sky sport was screaming out their verdict in an instant.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 12:05 PM   #20
msk340i
Major
Rep

Quote:
Nope I disagree,wasn't neither of the Ferrari's fault in Singapore '17 as Sky sport was screaming out their verdict in an instant.
Martin Brundle almost came that day and he didn't even try to hide it and act professional.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 12:22 PM   #21
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

i tried my best to understand defensing Vettel in Singapore hitting Hamilton but sorry.. i cant.. why the heck HAM would try to brake test him? to see if Vettel can brake? he was trying to keep up too close cause in the previous restart he caught napping.. and that incident happened not even on the last corner.. is there point? no..

obviously not allowed to overtake and keeping 10-15 car length behind the SC.. this is the rule.. and all drivers do brake for keeping the brake temps optimal.. and the interviews of Vettel saying he couldnt understand why he got a penalty is just funny and stupid.. only few drivers have 4 and more titles and that act is not even acceptable in Semi-pro karting events.. but he was acting like HAM should ve got a penalty as well.. here it doesnt matter it could be someone else is the same.. if there were some weird activity on HAM's braking he could just report to team.. Stewards have all the telemetries.. thats what real racing.. it was bumper cars in F1.. but it was hard for Vettel to admit he lost himself over there made stupid things.. and anyone who supports that act more likely living an unreal world that doesnt even exist.. only in their heads..

if anyone wants to recall those moments..

Vettel cracks under pressure full stop.. mistakes everywhere in those moments.. countless times.. his Red Bull years were like he was fast on quali and racing without anyone around.. this what he does best.. and wondering how many great F1 drivers cant do that anyway.. all great drivers do that already..
      09-16-2019, 01:09 PM   #22
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
i tried my best to understand defensing Vettel in Singapore hitting Hamilton but sorry.. i cant.. why the heck HAM would try to brake test him? to see if Vettel can brake? he was trying to keep up too close cause in the previous restart he caught napping.. and that incident happened not even on the last corner.. is there point? no..

obviously not allowed to overtake and keeping 10-15 car length behind the SC.. this is the rule.. and all drivers do brake for keeping the brake temps optimal.. and the interviews of Vettel saying he couldnt understand why he got a penalty is just funny and stupid.. only few drivers have 4 and more titles and that act is not even acceptable in Semi-pro karting events.. but he was acting like HAM should ve got a penalty as well.. here it doesnt matter it could be someone else is the same.. if there were some weird activity on HAM's braking he could just report to team.. Stewards have all the telemetries.. thats what real racing.. it was bumper cars in F1.. but it was hard for Vettel to admit he lost himself over there made stupid things.. and anyone who supports that act more likely living an unreal world that doesnt even exist.. only in their heads..

if anyone wants to recall those moments..

Vettel cracks under pressure full stop.. mistakes everywhere in those moments.. countless times.. his Red Bull years were like he was fast on quali and racing without anyone around.. this what he does best.. and wondering how many great F1 drivers cant do that anyway.. all great drivers do that already..
Definitely a brake test from Ham in Baku but will simmer down the pot by agreeing that bumping him was unlike Vet and didn't look good.
Appreciate 1