BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > M2 Photos, Videos and Builds > Geneva 2016: BMW M2 and M2 M Performance Parts

03-02-2016, 05:18 PM   #45
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Is the spoiler the same as the M235i? Not complaining, just want to verify because If so I'm going to order one soon.
Yes. Part # 51 62 2 334 541.
      03-02-2016, 05:55 PM   #46
Adem1534
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
What about the grill? Can I order M striped black M235i grills from iND now?

Soon.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2016, 06:12 PM   #47
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adem1534 View Post
What about the grill? Can I order M striped black M235i grills from iND now?
Look here Adem: http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1223549

M2 kidneys feature the M2 logo.
      03-02-2016, 06:59 PM   #48
Adem1534
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2

Quote:
Look here Adem: http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1223549

M2 kidneys feature the M2 logo.
Yeah I realized that after I commented haha. I'll have to wait!
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2016, 05:11 AM   #49
0-60Motorsports
Brigadier General
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 JB 04 Coupe

Looks stunning with the M performance Parts.
2011 VW Golf R DSG White/Black
IG: @060Motorsports
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2016, 09:32 AM   #50
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

M2 Live at the Geneva Auto Show

Here is the M2 performance model at the BMW booth in Geneva. Nice!Name:  IMG_20160303_162139~01.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  112.3 KB
Appreciate 2
      03-03-2016, 09:44 AM   #51
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep

I see that the two M2s that are here come with a plastic wrap in front of the rear wheels. Be prepared for ditry fenders in the rain. My M235 is bad enough in that respect.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2016, 10:03 AM   #52
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep

The M2 is the most prominently displayed model, they didn't even bring an M235 to the party, only a 228i convertible.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2016, 10:05 AM   #53
Benzima
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Thanks for sharing!

Try asking them why they did not put the M Performance exhaust on the white M2.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2016, 10:38 AM   #54
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep

He just said that he's never heard anything about color making any difference in configuration. He said that it won't be long and they will start offering other color combos and different options. Of course this is the European market he's talking about but I'm sure the changes will come across the pond as well.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2016, 02:20 PM   #55
OrangeCrush
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #513/740

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpsRider View Post
Here is the M2 performance model at the BMW booth in Geneva. Nice!Attachment 1375103
Oooo....man...looks so good!
VO BMW 1M
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2016, 03:38 PM   #56
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
After three long days at the Geneva Motor Show I can finally sit down and type you guys a message after seeing the BMW M Performance parts. The BMW M2 which was at the show did not have all the parts installed, but I can at least run you through the new parts.

The spoiler, mirror caps, front gloss black grills and interior upgrades as the steering wheel, handbrake grip and pedals are known to us all. I am not going in too much depth on those. Oh and there was no MPE exhaust on that white M2.

Let's look at the other parts. First those ugly stickers, both the stripes and the M Performance stickers. I would never consider them. It looks crap. Can we have the BMW M2 Safety car sticker set please?

Next are the carbon fiber exterior parts. The rear diffuser is an absolute must. Looks so much better than the plastic one on the standard car. Next are the lower side wings at the front and just before the rear tires.

Where shall I start? Let's do the ones at the back. I made a video of the side carbon fiber flap which is attached to the body work/side skirt. By the looks of it I think it should move, but the amount of flex is quite a lot! Also I am not going to fix them to my car. The chances of someone going to damage this and using his foot and shoe to kick it off the car is too much of an issue. The flex is big enough to have someone vandalize the part and use force to break it. So definitely a no-go also because of the price which is outrageous!

Video: https://video-amt2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hv...3f&oe=56D9835F

The front ones! There is also movement. It is much more fixed to the car and moves a lot less than the rear one, but there is also a lot less space between the part and the body work. Only problem here is parking and scratching it on the pavement. Also not a part I would take personally. Not for the price it costs!

Video: https://video-amt2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hv...dc&oe=56D982B5

Leaves us only with the little side air vents just behind the front wheels. I am not going to spend money on those. I will wrap them in black. Much easier and cheaper... And then I can also wrap the plastic backside of the parts. Those are still crappy matte black plastic. I do not like the looks of those, so it will be wrapped instead.

I made a whole bunch of photos, but I do not think you need any more after Jason's initial post. Interestingly is the fact that the rear carbon side flaps have a paint protection vinyl on them and the front ones do not. No idea why there is a difference. Oh and the suspension kit is just brilliant!! Car sits so nice and low.

MR

Last edited by MR.; 03-04-2016 at 03:16 AM..
Appreciate 2
      03-03-2016, 04:30 PM   #57
atxsk8r
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
After three long days at the Geneva Motor Show I can finally sit down and type you guys a message after seeing the BMW M Performance parts. The BMW M2 which was at the show did not have all the parts installed, but I can at least run you through the new parts.

The spoiler, mirror caps, front gloss black grills and interior upgrades as the steering wheel, handbrake grip and pedals are known to us all. I am not going in too much depth on those. Oh and there was no MPE exhaust on that white M2.

Let's look at the other parts. First those ugly stickers, both the stripes and the M Performance stickers. I would never consider them. It looks crap. Can we have the BMW M2 Safety car sticker set please?

Next are the carbon fiber exterior parts. The rear diffuser is an absolute must. Looks so much better than the plastic one on the standard car. Next are the lower side wings at the front and just before the rear tires.

Where shall I start? Let's do the ones at the back. I made a video of the side carbon fiber flap which is attached to the body work/side skirt. By the looks of it I think it should move, but the amount of flex is quite a lot! Also I am not going to fix them to my car. The chances of someone going to damage this and using his foot and shoe to kick it off the car is too much of an issue. The flex is big enough to have someone vandalize the part and use force to break it. So definitely a no-go also because of the price which is outrageous!

The front ones! There is also movement. It is much more fixed to the car and moves a lot less than the rear one, but there is also a lot less space between the part and the body work. Only problem here is parking and scratching it on the pavement. Also not a part I would take personally. Not for the price it costs!

Leaves us only with the little side air vents just behind the front wheels. I am not going to spend money on those. I will wrap them in black. Much easier and cheaper... And then I can also wrap the plastic backside of the parts. Those are still crappy matte black plastic. I do not like the looks of those, so it will be wrapped instead.

I made a whole bunch of photos, but I do not think you need any more after Jason's initial post. Interestingly is the fact that the rear carbon side flaps have a paint protection vinyl on them and the front ones do not. No idea why there is a difference. Oh and the suspension kit is just brilliant!! Car sits so nice and low.
Thanks for the info and damn that's scary in those videos! Are they held on my duct tape?

Also what's your opinion on seeing AW in person? I know the car was at an auto show and under strip club lighting but still would like to know
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2016, 04:51 PM   #58
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxsk8r View Post
Thanks for the info and damn that's scary in those videos! Are they held on my duct tape?

Also what's your opinion on seeing AW in person? I know the car was at an auto show and under strip club lighting but still would like to know
They are definitely stuck to the car, they just move a lot. Not duct tape, but screws or something.

I am not like the AW as much as the LBB car. The lines are getting quite dull in that color. Also I do not like the gaps between the body work panels. Especially at the front with the hood the gap is too big and with LBB that is a lot less visible. AW needs some kind of epic BMW M color wrap. Something that makes it less dull.

MR
Appreciate 1
      03-03-2016, 06:10 PM   #59
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

Quote:

Video: https://fbcdn-video-d-a.akamaihd.net...b30198e0cc0309

Video: https://fbcdn-video-b-a.akamaihd.net...eee473ac0601dd

MR
Finally, an angle of AW where we can see the bulge.

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2016, 07:02 PM   #60
atxsk8r
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbiage View Post
Finally, an angle of AW where we can see the bulge.
Yes, but barely
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2016, 07:06 PM   #61
LBBDrew
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

What about the front splitter? Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2016, 09:03 PM   #62
csbear
Major
Rep
Drives: SO M2C

Quote:
Oh and the suspension kit is just brilliant!! Car sits so nice and low.
Good to hear (and see) that... That's an immediate mod for me.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2016, 09:50 PM   #63
ConR
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Audi S3

Quote:
Ooooh. That means the Autotecknic part will fit!
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2016, 09:54 PM   #64
ConR
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxsk8r View Post
Yes, but barely
Really? So you can't see the bulge in any of these photos? Pretty pronounced to me.

Appreciate 1
      03-03-2016, 09:59 PM   #65
OrangeCrush
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #513/740

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConR View Post
Really? So you can't see the bulge in any of these photos? Pretty pronounced to me.

Meh...don't worry about those guys. One is a smart ass but cool, the other one is so confused about his color choice the he cries himself to sleep every night. We all know that AW is the fastest color on the M2!
VO BMW 1M
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2016, 12:19 AM   #66
Prodigy.
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: ///M2

Thanks for the write up MR. i can't seem to get the video's to work though.
Appreciate 0