BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > The Impeachment Thread

View Poll Results: Will Donald Trump be Impeached or will this blowback on Biden
Orange Trump bad. Trump gone. 48 29.09%
Trump Trump-umphant. 57 34.55%
Inclusive 13 7.88%
Biden C4'd to oblivion. 50 30.30%
Biden grows in strength and gets shot in the arm for nomination. 8 4.85%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      Today, 12:51 PM   #2553
gjm120
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
1061
Rep
1,854
Posts

Drives: 2013 128i
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: East Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
Yes, you missed the part where we were all having a civil discussion until he started calling people stupid, idiots...

People in war torn countries dont know how to have a civil discourse!

War torn country is not a race!
That's my point. A liberal person has the built in prejudice that coming from a war torn country = being brown.
__________________
E82 / Ver Red / Blk Boston L / BMWP Springs w/ Koni Yellows / M front control arms / M rear guide rods / AT / Sport seats & steering wheel + paddles
Appreciate 0
      Today, 12:59 PM   #2554
anglo
Libertarian
anglo's Avatar
United_States
38744
Rep
2,891
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Sanctuary City

iTrader: (0)

Case closed

Appreciate 1
N54Yankee1557.50

      Today, 02:04 PM   #2555
jmg
Major General
jmg's Avatar
United_States
7275
Rep
8,631
Posts

Drives: F80 M3 CS, I01 i3 REx LCI
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjm120 View Post
That's my point. A liberal person has the built in prejudice that coming from a war torn country = being brown.
This was my reply to that statement:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Lol looks like it's snowing already. Look at all the snowflakes!

What a bigoted pos thing to say too. Not a big surprise given your history. Just another closeted bitter little kid that feels like he is owed something or better than other because or your nationality. Cool off boy. And you are right. I came from a country that can't have civil discourse because of people like you. America.
Being brown was brought up later because of Anglo's comments in the past regarding non-white immigrants. Case in point: he didn't even object to that specific part until you brought it up which means it didn't occur to him because he probably was assuming I was brown. Compound that with the fact that his username is anglo and his profile says he's from a Sanctuary City, and a pattern of bigotry emerges. I could be wrong, but so far he hasn't apologized. Even if it isn't a race issue, it is a nationality and cultural background issue. Even an immigrant from a predominately caucasian war torn country does not deserve to be stereotyped in that way.
__________________
2018 F80 ///M3 CS - Lime Rock Grey Metallic
2019 I01 i3 BEV - Giga World
Previous: F80 M3 | I01 i3 Rex LCI | I01 i3 REx | F30 340i M Sport ZTR | F30 328i Sport | Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250 | E21 320i

Last edited by jmg; Today at 02:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      Today, 02:15 PM   #2556
jmg
Major General
jmg's Avatar
United_States
7275
Rep
8,631
Posts

Drives: F80 M3 CS, I01 i3 REx LCI
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
Case closed

I watched most of this whole thing live from the beginning. Did you? If you did, then why didn't you realize that Jordan is merely re-stating what Taylor already testified in the opening. The knowledge of the quid pro quo evolved over time, where certain parties went from not knowing to knowing. Taylor's testimony spelled out the timeline, which is important because it suggests the motivations behind the actions of certain people at certain points in time. The timeline is very clear in painting an unfavorable picture for Trump and Giuliani unless you ONLY listened to the Jordan questioning without grasping the scope of what each person was testifying to. This is either grossly misinformed or hilariously biased. Those who watched and understood what Taylor was saying in his testimony knows that Jordan was stomping his feet to give a false sense of security to the gullible Trump supporters. This gullibility is not necessarily a case of ignorance, just wishful thinking and confirmation bias.
__________________
2018 F80 ///M3 CS - Lime Rock Grey Metallic
2019 I01 i3 BEV - Giga World
Previous: F80 M3 | I01 i3 Rex LCI | I01 i3 REx | F30 340i M Sport ZTR | F30 328i Sport | Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250 | E21 320i
Appreciate 1
      Today, 02:32 PM   #2557
anglo
Libertarian
anglo's Avatar
United_States
38744
Rep
2,891
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Sanctuary City

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
This was my reply to that statement:



Being brown was brought up later because of Anglo's comments in the past regarding non-white immigrants. Case in point: he didn't even object to that specific part until you brought it up which means it didn't occur to him because he probably was assuming I was brown. Compound that with the fact that his username is anglo and his profile says he's from a Sanctuary City, and a pattern of bigotry emerges. I could be wrong, but so far he hasn't apologized. Even if it isn't a race issue, it is a nationality and cultural background issue. Even an immigrant from a predominately caucasian war torn country does not deserve to be stereotyped in that way.
Can we just drop it, it's hard for me to apologize since i'm really not anti immigrants. You're reading too much into my username and city. There a lot of places in the world when one side loses an election, they go to war.

They just cant accept that they lost fair and square!
Appreciate 0
      Today, 02:48 PM   #2558
gjm120
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
1061
Rep
1,854
Posts

Drives: 2013 128i
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: East Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
This was my reply to that statement:



Being brown was brought up later because of Anglo's comments in the past regarding non-white immigrants. Case in point: he didn't even object to that specific part until you brought it up which means it didn't occur to him because he probably was assuming I was brown. Compound that with the fact that his username is anglo and his profile says he's from a Sanctuary City, and a pattern of bigotry emerges. I could be wrong, but so far he hasn't apologized. Even if it isn't a race issue, it is a nationality and cultural background issue. Even an immigrant from a predominately caucasian war torn country does not deserve to be stereotyped in that way.
Good god. Lighten up.
__________________
E82 / Ver Red / Blk Boston L / BMWP Springs w/ Koni Yellows / M front control arms / M rear guide rods / AT / Sport seats & steering wheel + paddles
Appreciate 2
      Today, 02:50 PM   #2559
jmg
Major General
jmg's Avatar
United_States
7275
Rep
8,631
Posts

Drives: F80 M3 CS, I01 i3 REx LCI
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjm120 View Post
Good god. Lighten up.
Lacking empathy isn't a virtue.
__________________
2018 F80 ///M3 CS - Lime Rock Grey Metallic
2019 I01 i3 BEV - Giga World
Previous: F80 M3 | I01 i3 Rex LCI | I01 i3 REx | F30 340i M Sport ZTR | F30 328i Sport | Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250 | E21 320i
Appreciate 0
      Today, 03:00 PM   #2560
gjm120
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
1061
Rep
1,854
Posts

Drives: 2013 128i
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: East Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Lacking empathy isn't a virtue.
Whatever.

Tuning out.......
__________________
E82 / Ver Red / Blk Boston L / BMWP Springs w/ Koni Yellows / M front control arms / M rear guide rods / AT / Sport seats & steering wheel + paddles
Appreciate 0
      Today, 03:08 PM   #2561
jmg
Major General
jmg's Avatar
United_States
7275
Rep
8,631
Posts

Drives: F80 M3 CS, I01 i3 REx LCI
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
Can we just drop it, it's hard for me to apologize since i'm really not anti immigrants.
You say you're not anti-immigrant yet you made the comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
You're reading too much into my username and city.
I'm giving you the opportunity to explain it to me. Pretend I'm 5 and I just asked you want your name means and what a Sanctuary City is and why you put that in your profile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
There a lot of places in the world when one side loses an election, they go to war.

They just cant accept that they lost fair and square!

I'm not advocating war. I'm advocating the constitutional process of checks and balances, including this impeachment inquiry.
__________________
2018 F80 ///M3 CS - Lime Rock Grey Metallic
2019 I01 i3 BEV - Giga World
Previous: F80 M3 | I01 i3 Rex LCI | I01 i3 REx | F30 340i M Sport ZTR | F30 328i Sport | Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250 | E21 320i
Appreciate 0
      Today, 03:10 PM   #2562
jmg
Major General
jmg's Avatar
United_States
7275
Rep
8,631
Posts

Drives: F80 M3 CS, I01 i3 REx LCI
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjm120 View Post
Whatever.

Tuning out.......
Do you realize the absurdity of this reply when discussing a lack of empathy?

I'll lighten up when the majority can empathize with minorities. Until then, deal with it, because they have to deal with it everyday.
__________________
2018 F80 ///M3 CS - Lime Rock Grey Metallic
2019 I01 i3 BEV - Giga World
Previous: F80 M3 | I01 i3 Rex LCI | I01 i3 REx | F30 340i M Sport ZTR | F30 328i Sport | Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250 | E21 320i
Appreciate 0
      Today, 03:32 PM   #2563
gjm120
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
1061
Rep
1,854
Posts

Drives: 2013 128i
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: East Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Do you realize the absurdity of this reply when discussing a lack of empathy?

Yes - thank you.

I probably have more empathy for minorities and hang around with more than most on here. Doesn't mean I'm for no borders and paying all social costs for everyone that comes in. Hell, that will eventually hurt the minorities already here. I don't know your take on this, but, from witnessing the Trump obsession you have, you probably are for open borders just b/c Trump isn't.

I usually know better than argue with people obsessed with Trump
__________________
E82 / Ver Red / Blk Boston L / BMWP Springs w/ Koni Yellows / M front control arms / M rear guide rods / AT / Sport seats & steering wheel + paddles
Appreciate 0
      Today, 03:44 PM   #2564
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
7883
Rep
10,112
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Now that's some funny trolling:

https://apnews.com/69ba97b946c14b4f9d4d83577a05d22a WASHINGTON (AP) — Democratic House Speaker Nancy Pelosi invited President Donald Trump to testify in front of investigators in the House impeachment inquiry ahead of a week that will see several key witnesses appear publicly.

Pushing back against accusations from the president that the process has been stacked against him, Pelosi said Trump is welcome to appear or answer questions in writing, if he chooses.

"If he has information that is exculpatory, that means ex, taking away, culpable, blame, then we look forward to seeing it," she said in an interview that aired Sunday on CBS's "Face the Nation." Trump "could come right before the committee and talk, speak all the truth that he wants if he wants," she said.
__________________
I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.
Appreciate 1
      Today, 04:39 PM   #2565
TXSTYLE
BIGMARCUS
TXSTYLE's Avatar
United_States
4413
Rep
2,394
Posts

Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The GYM! (The Burbs - N TX)

iTrader: (0)

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/17/politics/mike-turner-donald-trump-impeachment-inquiry-cnntv/index.html
Appreciate 1
      Today, 05:20 PM   #2566
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
hooligan_COLD's Avatar
3889
Rep
3,429
Posts

Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Back in the Mitten

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
Uh, because she wasn't claiming she did have knowledge of any criminal activity by the President?

How about we start there.

As I said, it's a nonsensical question in context of the person testifying and it was a lame attempt to get a sound bite that his fans could point to and shout "See, nothing illegal!".

It has all the relevance of asking her if she knows what Trump's favorite color is.
She's one of the witnesses brought by the Dems to make the case Trump needs to be impeached for high crimes and misdemeanors!
Correct.

And the question is still silly and irrelevant.
Appreciate 1
jmg7274.50

      Today, 05:21 PM   #2567
jmg
Major General
jmg's Avatar
United_States
7275
Rep
8,631
Posts

Drives: F80 M3 CS, I01 i3 REx LCI
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjm120 View Post
Yes - thank you.

I probably have more empathy for minorities and hang around with more than most on here. Doesn't mean I'm for no borders and paying all social costs for everyone that comes in. Hell, that will eventually hurt the minorities already here. I don't know your take on this, but, from witnessing the Trump obsession you have, you probably are for open borders just b/c Trump isn't.

I usually know better than argue with people obsessed with Trump

Much like anglo, you have assumed something about me based on a preconceived misconception.

I've said this many times but I am totally against open borders and paying for ALL social costs for everyone that comes in. That is one thing we can agree on. However, I think understanding will go a long way in helping legal immigrants integrate while still contributing to society. Stereotyping immigrants from war torn, impoverished, or troubled countries and belittling them or dismissing their ideas is not only disrespectful and prejudice, but it damages our integrity as a free democratic nation. Least egregiously, it is simply non-factual. Feel free to criticize an idea or an opinion, but do not attack their heritage or cultural background. If someone is lazy, hotheaded, a crybaby, bitch, stupid, uncivilized etc, call them that because that's what their actions dictate, not because they have come from some other country and fit a negative stereotype.

My obsession with Trump is an obsession with consistency imho. I see that the length to which the right stretches the truth is much more often than the left, and much more inconsistent to favor the right. In fairness, as a moderate I see biased and illogical arguments on BOTH sides. For example, I don't know what the DNC has to keep insisting Biden is innocent. His innocence nor guilt has nothing to do with the Trump impeachment inquiry. They are doing it to protect the party. To me that is counter to the entire process. By their logic, Trump is guilty if Biden is innocent. Wrong. Trump is innocent or guilty by his own actions, regardless of Biden. By the same token, I don't see why Biden's guilt should justify Trump's actions. Even if Biden is guilty, that doesn't justify the quid pro quo/bribery that Trump is accused of. Again, that's both parties protecting themselves. It's over-politicized and both sides are guilty of this.

As an outside observer, Trump has said more things I disagree with than I agree with. Most especially when he talks plainly about immigrants and his opponents. He is a bully with a selfish agenda and his priority isn't our country as far as I can see. And no, I'm no HRC or Bernie Sander's fan either. For me, Sanders is too far left.

The inquiry is still inconclusive and to argue that it's case closed because because of any one testimony is not only illogical but laughable and quite honestly ignorant. I realize this is probably more information than you care to process, but this is how this conversation started with anglo.
__________________
2018 F80 ///M3 CS - Lime Rock Grey Metallic
2019 I01 i3 BEV - Giga World
Previous: F80 M3 | I01 i3 Rex LCI | I01 i3 REx | F30 340i M Sport ZTR | F30 328i Sport | Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250 | E21 320i
Appreciate 2
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18 PM.




m2
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST