04-03-2018, 01:01 AM   #89
Josh84
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to say? Are you meaning to direct your reply to those being critical of the owner paying others to do the work? If so, I have zero issue with hiring pros. I would personally upgrade the suspension first - prior to every mod done to the car. Not because I think I have a special 'talent' but because I think that's where the biggest enjoyment comes from these cars. Therefore, it surprises me to see that the owner chose aero, races seats, custom paint, etc. over what I believe to be the most beneficial mod that can be done to improve the car.

The KW H.A.S kit fitted to this car is somewhat of an upgrade from the stock suspension. KW V3s will obviously have full damping adjustability but I suspect the difference between both kits in non-competitive track outings will be minimal. I could be wrong.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 03:13 AM   #90
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORIGIN M. View Post
Quote:
...I can't believe the owner didn't want to upgrade the suspension further. Especially considering the extent of the other modifications
Why don't you write the check being as talented that you are.

I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to say? Are you meaning to direct your reply to those being critical of the owner paying others to do the work? If so, I have zero issue with hiring pros. I would personally upgrade the suspension first - prior to every mod done to the car. Not because I think I have a special 'talent' but because I think that's where the biggest enjoyment comes from these cars. Therefore, it surprises me to see that the owner chose aero, races seats, custom paint, etc. over what I believe to be the most beneficial mod that can be done to improve the car.
If you think he should do more to the car maybe write the check so he can do just that.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 03:16 AM   #91
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by classyfast View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spa2k View Post
Quote:
So building cars now is dropping a car at your shop of choice and tossing them a check? Lol. Ok.

That's a great looking M2, but let's call it what it is: A shop build showcase car
What's wrong with that?
Everything......
Says the troll.....

Ok captain forum.....no trolling here bud I been around here almost as long as you (with all my names added up!) just saying what most feel my friend, no need to defend the sanctity of the so called "build"! Lol. Jeez
You are putting down someone else's ride.

Don't like it maybe just don't post.

Not everyone can build a car.

The car is awesome.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 06:18 AM   #92
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
...I can't believe the owner didn't want to upgrade the suspension further. Especially considering the extent of the other modifications

If you think he should do more to the car maybe write the check so he can do just that.
That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that I would allocate money towards suspension that the owner chose to spend elsewhere. Not necessarily spend more money on top of what was already spent. For Example - instead of $15k on seats, $7k on seats and $8k on suspension / suspension bushings. His car, his decision. I'm surprised he didn't do the suspension considering all else that was done. Not sure why you feel that is such a controversial thing to say.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 08:36 AM   #93
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that I would allocate money towards suspension that the owner chose to spend elsewhere. Not necessarily spend more money on top of what was already spent. For Example - instead of $15k on seats, $7k on seats and $8k on suspension / suspension bushings. His car, his decision. I'm surprised he didn't do the suspension considering all else that was done. Not sure why you feel that is such a controversial thing to say.
You have no idea what his potential plans are.

Typical internet comment no doubt about it.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 09:05 AM   #94
RENT-A-GOAT
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 320D Xdrive Msport+

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Lol this car is just bought not built the owner has just complied a shopping list wrote a fat cheque then wrote another fat cheque to someone to fit it all. As long as you have the funds any idiot can write a cheque and sit back and watch someone else do the graft. Still doesn't take away why he wanted to make an M2 look like a rice cart must like the look of EVOS and wants to be in the next fast and furious movie! A built car is one like the V8oneM project where they worked the M3 into a 1 coupe making a monster whilst keeping the quality like it could have come out out of Munich or the guy who had the perfect M3 E91 or Perfect M3 F31 now those are labours of love and proper builds! Not a just a queen on a bolt on catalogue binge with some dollar to spunk.
      04-03-2018, 10:24 AM   #95
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RENT-A-GOAT View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Lol this car is just bought not built the owner has just complied a shopping list wrote a fat cheque then wrote another fat cheque to someone to fit it all. As long as you have the funds any idiot can write a cheque and sit back and watch someone else do the graft. Still doesn't take away why he wanted to make an M2 look like a rice cart must like the look of EVOS and wants to be in the next fast and furious movie! A built car is one like the V8oneM project where they worked the M3 into a 1 coupe making a monster whilst keeping the quality like it could have come out out of Munich or the guy who had the perfect M3 E91 or Perfect M3 F31 now those are labours of love and proper builds! Not a just a queen on a bolt on catalogue binge with some dollar to spunk.
I am glad you got a chance to rant.

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 10:29 AM   #96
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Do you know his 'potential' plans?

If he plans to do the suspension later then the owner agrees with me. If he doesn't, well, aesthetics are clearly more important to him than performance. That's OK. Still surprises me though.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 11:04 AM   #97
classyfast
Banned
Rep
Drives: e36m/e46m/E92 LCI 335/f30 335

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
So building cars now is dropping a car at your shop of choice and tossing them a check? Lol. Ok.

That's a great looking M2, but let's call it what it is: A shop build showcase car
What's wrong with that?
Everything......
Says the troll.....

Ok captain forum.....no trolling here bud I been around here almost as long as you (with all my names added up!) just saying what most feel my friend, no need to defend the sanctity of the so called "build"! Lol. Jeez

The car is awesome.
Hold on champ, where and when did I put down another persons ride? That never happened, the car is beautiful and well done, the owner and IND obviously know that.....I am criticizing what it means to "build" a car these days. 2 totally different things.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 11:06 AM   #98
classyfast
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What's wrong with that?
Everything......
Says the troll.....

The car is awesome.
Worst thing in the word are folks like this guy that feel offended on behalf of somebody else. Give it a rest bro
Appreciate 1
      04-03-2018, 12:45 PM   #99
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What's wrong with that?
Everything......
Says the troll.....

The car is awesome.
Worst thing in the word are folks like this guy that feel offended on behalf of somebody else. Give it a rest bro
Actually it's offensive people like yourself who think it's OK to be a jerk when it's not.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 12:46 PM   #100
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What's wrong with that?
Everything......
Says the troll.....

The car is awesome.
Hold on champ, where and when did I put down another persons ride? That never happened, the car is beautiful and well done, the owner and IND obviously know that.....I am criticizing what it means to "build" a car these days. 2 totally different things.
Good to know you're on your best behaviour.

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 03:24 PM   #101
classyfast
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What's wrong with that?
Everything......
Says the troll.....

The car is awesome.
Good to know you're on your best behaviour.

Take this "L" and stop arguing just to argue. You look silly already.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2018, 04:40 PM   #102
IND-Distribution
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: G82 M4 / G87 M2

New set of photos by Unscene Media (@unscenemedia)

08-15-2018, 08:56 PM   #103
F87_LCI
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB F87

SERIOUSLY. @IND Stop posting pics of that hood already... or put it on sale ffs so i can have one too!!!! love this build. car is the tits.
Appreciate 2
      03-14-2019, 01:04 PM   #104
IND-Distribution
Rep

A few recent shots.

03-15-2019, 12:09 PM   #105
gily
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Nice!! love the Edison wing
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 01:03 PM   #106
IND-Distribution
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gily View Post
Nice!! love the Edison wing
Thank you, its the RKP GTS wing.
      03-15-2019, 06:24 PM   #107
tenkies
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 LBB 6MT

IMO the car looks good. How is the HAS Kit performing on the "War zone" pot hole roads of Chicago? Any complaints or reviews from the driver?
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2019, 05:22 PM   #108
IND-Distribution
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenkies View Post
IMO the car looks good. How is the HAS Kit performing on the "War zone" pot hole roads of Chicago? Any complaints or reviews from the driver?
So far so good

Was in not long ago for some new fenders. Car is a bit dirty here but photos came out nice thanks to Unscene Media.

10-28-2019, 09:30 PM   #109
Malakas
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2c

Wow. Gorgeous
Appreciate 0