BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip > Total noob needs help getting M2C track ready

11-21-2019, 01:33 AM   #23
swootdaddy
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSoTired View Post
I didn't track my M2C bone stock but I swapped out fluid for Motul 660 and put on Pagid RSL29 pads. I ran Big Willow with this combo with zero brake fade in 110 degrees this summer.

Changing front pads was a bit of a PITA because you can't just swap them out like in the M3/M4s, you have to remove two bolts that are behind the caliper (holding the caliper onto the caliper carrier) and hang the caliper while you swap pads.

Since you then have to torque the bolts to spec, you need clearance to get a torque wrench behind the wheel - meaning you can't just cheat and just jack one corner up a few inches, you need to put the fronts on jackstands, at least in my experience.

Read this: https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...kes/1VnXuUMXEx

Anyways you'll need a torque wrench, breaker bar + extension + deep sockets (stock wheels + front fender bulge = need for clearance), punch set and a mallet, a floor jack or two, flat topped jack stands with the dumb BMW jacking point adapter for each.

The rears are easy and take like 10 minutes since they don't require you to remove the calipers.

It's a bit of a pain but once you've done it once it gets easier.
Yeah I had my mechanic show me how they changed out the pads in the front.... it definitely seems like it'll be a pain in the ass to do it everytime I track the car (which will likely increase in frequency soon).
Appreciate 0