BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip > M2 threshold braking - ABS interference

03-26-2022, 10:51 AM   #67
DriftKr6l
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 Comp

Can you change the two parameters in Bimmercode now or its Esys only?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2022, 07:39 PM   #68
rjpiston
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition 6MT

I have esys running and connected to the car. I've gone through all the guides but I'm unable to figure out how to actually find the option "C_Ffunktion_Bremsbereitschaft_aktiv_I" in esys.

I'm also looking for any other settings that affect the braking system. I'd like to tweak things on my own while I'm at the track so I can test out each setting individually instead of relying on someone coding 1 specific setup on my car and then i'm stuck with it until they code it again.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2022, 07:59 PM   #69
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjpiston View Post
I have esys running and connected to the car. I've gone through all the guides but I'm unable to figure out how to actually find the option "C_Ffunktion_Bremsbereitschaft_aktiv_I" in esys.

I'm also looking for any other settings that affect the braking system. I'd like to tweak things on my own while I'm at the track so I can test out each setting individually instead of relying on someone coding 1 specific setup on my car and then i'm stuck with it until they code it again.
Did you read all the ECUs and download the DSC CAFD/FDL? You need to use the editor to open up the CAFD/FDL file from the DSC module. Once in that file you can search for the parameter (just search Bremsbereitschaft, not that whole line).

Please don't PM me for suspension recommendations unless interested in paid private consultations.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2022, 08:02 PM   #70
rjpiston
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle! View Post
Did you read all the ECUs and download the DSC CAFD/FDL? You need to use the editor to open up the CAFD/FDL file from the DSC module. Once in that file you can search for the parameter (just search Bremsbereitschaft, not that whole line).
I've managed to read all the ECU's, I've gone through each one of the green marked entries -> read coding data -> expand folder -> edit NCD, but then whenever I search for something its not found... so maybe I'm missing the second step you mentioned "download the DSC CAFD/FDL" How can I verify I've done that step?

Thank you for your response!
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2022, 08:09 PM   #71
rjpiston
Enlisted Member
Rep

When I try to change a simple setting. IE.
ACSM:
Disable Welcome 3 Gongs:
3000  Initialwarnung_GWF_IW set to: nicht_akti

I go to read the code, edit the ncd, but then all I see is:
View post on imgur.com

Appreciate 0
      07-28-2022, 05:14 PM   #72
rjpiston
Enlisted Member
Rep

bump
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2022, 10:40 PM   #73
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjpiston View Post
When I try to change a simple setting. IE.
ACSM:
Disable Welcome 3 Gongs:
3000  Initialwarnung_GWF_IW set to: nicht_akti

I go to read the code, edit the ncd, but then all I see is:
View post on imgur.com

Your esys launcher doesn't have a new enough cafd mapping, that's why you're only seeing them listed as "."
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 07:23 PM   #74
rjpiston
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle! View Post
Your esys launcher doesn't have a new enough cafd mapping, that's why you're only seeing them listed as "."
Thanks! That's pointed me in the right direction. I'm now stuck at the Launcher not being able to start esys. "can't create java virtual machine" even though I have java installed.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 07:43 PM   #75
rjpiston
Enlisted Member
Rep

from the instructions it seems like I'm stuck at step 9.

9. Click on FDL Codes to get activation request

I only see a "FDL Cheat Codes" button in the launcher, and when I click it, it don't receive an "activation request" just a list of the xml files in from the "FLD Codes" folder. when I click update, it just errors out on all of them, and then i click ok.

I'll see if there's anything over at bimmerscene about this and report back, might help someone else out.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2022, 10:03 AM   #76
daap1193
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2C sunset orange

Scammers BE AWARE

Recently my inbox was getting full of messages from people asking me to share the exact coding parameters from my development, I politely reply to all of them, telling that the coding parameters reamain confidential and that I wont reveal them even for a payment, sadly they started to reply a lot of bad things and now I need to clear my inbox daily. Lately I found out that some coding companies now offer my development, Please be aware, the coding parameters of my development still remain confidential and unfortunately people is starting to reach out to me telling that they coded their brakes with some ig guy and donīt feel any improvement at all. When I remote and check everything I found out that they are turning off brake standby and offer that as complete abs remap or even tell that Iīm working with them, also they tried to contact some previous customers and offer money to let them connect and check what parameters I have code on their cars.

Hope no more people gets scammed.

Last edited by daap1193; 08-08-2022 at 11:47 AM..
Appreciate 1
      08-07-2022, 11:19 AM   #77
///393
Captain
Rep
Drives: X6

Not surprised. Some people are garbage.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2022, 01:11 PM   #78
dom2497
Registered
Rep
Drives: m2

Quote:
Originally Posted by daap1193 View Post
Recently my inbox was getting full of messages from people asking me to share the exact coding parameters from my development, I politely reply to all of them, telling that the coding parameters reamain confidential and that I wont reveal them even for a payment, sadly they started to reply a lot of bad things and now I need to clear my inbox daily. Lately I found out that some coding companies now offer my development, Please be aware, the coding parameters of my development still remain confidential and unfortunately people is starting to reach out to me telling that they coded their brakes with some ig guy and donīt feel any improvement at all. When I remote and check everything I found out that they are turning off brake standby and offer that as complete abs remap or even tell that Iīm working with them, also they tried to contact some previous customers and offer money to let them connect and check what parameters I have code on their cars.

Hope no more people gets scammed from this people.
I have just got the GTS maps put on my car for the diff and the EPS, made a huge difference. My other annoyance was the brakes, I came across this thread. I cant find the way to PM you for for some reason, but I would like to get your coding applied to my car please. Can you reach out how best to arrange this?
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2023, 10:43 AM   #79
AaronMn
Registered
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 and M2C

Hi Daap1193

i'm after your brake coding if still possible on my M2C, can you DM me? I'm in the UK

Thanks Aaron

Last edited by AaronMn; 07-01-2023 at 11:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2024, 11:45 AM   #80
S4BiT
Registered
Rep
Drives: F21 BMW M140i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by daap1193 View Post
I have developed and test a coding solution for your problem, to summarize I can disable all the brake electronic parameters that think you're going to crash and apply maximum braking force sending your car into abs zone, also I can reduce brake pressure-assist so you will be able to control the maximum brake pressure and therefore improve you braking on track, this will traduce into race car pedal feel and brake control, the problem is not abs maximum threshold as you suggest, PM me and will remote code your car if interested, I have tested this set up with different cars (M2-M3 M235 and M240i) and all of them owned by race drivers with amazing success and feedback.

I think I'm the first person to develop a solution for this problem, having a racing background and plenty of race driver friends we discuss how different race car brakes feel in comparison to our bimmers, so after many hours of testing and coding
Development I finally ended with a solution which they have called "Gt4 coding for brakes.
Old thread i know, but i would like to have this custom coding for the braking to get better feel to them. I was just made a user here for that, and im not yet able to send PMs, so can you maybe send me PM yourself.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2024, 02:36 PM   #81
witroy
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F87 M2

Hi daap1193 !
I'm interested in the "GT4" brake coding!
Appreciate 0