BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > M2C (or other M Car) Delivery Delays?

04-09-2020, 08:52 AM   #89
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack yang View Post
Wait Sry are you in Colorado? So you talked to the GM and get permitted to pick up the car while sales closed?
Car dealers have an exemption in CO-- go figure. They can do "no contact" sales.

Which seems pretty much the same as regular sales, just without handshakes.

60% of the sales/finance staff are laid off and the rest are on a week/off a week.

My SA said that mine was one of the last cars they got from the SoCal port-- he had nine cars that were stuck there as CA had shut down transportation.

I don't know if that's the case anymore.

R.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2020, 09:28 AM   #90
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: LeMans/ Chestnut E90, RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEmpirE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
So happy for you. It’s a crap shoot at my dealer as only parts/service is open. All of our great plans for a dealership cars and coffee was blown to hell. We were going to have some cool events for the area but it is what it is.
Which Dealer in central PA? We ordered/built an X3 M Competition from a PA dealer but everything is in Limbo now with the shutdowns.
Didn't your state say no car sales until May at the earliest?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2020, 12:38 PM   #91
newcar55
Private
Rep
Drives: Toyota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavallone View Post
Well congrats that the wait is over for you. The factory shut down the week my car was to be produced! On the BMW tracker I went back to the beginning. Not sure if my car will be one of the first produced when things open up again? Or will things be scrambled and I will be in for more delays? Lots of questions, that no one knows the answers to. For know we have to live vicariously through guys like yourself - so please keep the content coming while the rest of us with cars in limbo wait on

As they say: First world problems.
Same with me man. I wonder if our cars will show up before winter.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2020, 05:26 PM   #92
Jack yang
Private First Class
China
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by arciga18 View Post
Didn't your state say no car sales until May at the earliest?
Well the last time I checked with the GM he said was to wait and see lol
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2020, 05:36 PM   #93
M2Cmtl
Major
Rep
Drives: 21 Q7 & 22 4XE

Just got the confirmation that there will not be any deliveries in April... updated my signature, again.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2020, 10:50 AM   #94
Tainen
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw e30 325i, subaru wrx

So I've been working on a euro delivery since October.

My originally scheduled ED day was May 4th, with a build day of, well, right about now.

I talked to my sales rep and they offered to switch the ED over to US delivery, while retaining the same discount (cool, still sucks I don't get to go to germany, but it's a nice discount).

Now that the factory is shut down though, all dates are out the window, and I'm sitting here looking at in stock inventory... There are two M2Cs in LBB coming into my local dealership in the next few weeks, both of them are only one feature off of my order spec- one without exec package, one with orange stitching instead of blue (who the heck ordered orange stitching on a blue car?!)
I put my name on the one with orange stitching, just so I can get a first look at it when it arrives and see if it's... tolerable. I think it probably won't be. Also the price is still not as good as the euro delivery order price, with the right specs, but that car is now probably 4-6 months out, at least.

Any guidance?! Help!

edit: WA state. car sales are ok, it seems. they are offering local delivery of the cars for all buyers.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2020, 11:01 AM   #95
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tainen View Post

My originally scheduled ED day was May 4th, with a build day of, well, right about now.

I talked to my sales rep and they offered to switch the ED over to US delivery, while retaining the same discount (cool, still sucks I don't get to go to germany, but it's a nice discount).

Now that the factory is shut down though, all dates are out the window, and I'm sitting here looking at in stock inventory... There are two M2Cs in LBB coming into my local dealership in the next few weeks, both of them are only one feature off of my order spec- one without exec package, one with orange stitching instead of blue (who the heck ordered orange stitching on a blue car?!)
I put my name on the one with orange stitching, just so I can get a first look at it when it arrives and see if it's... tolerable. I think it probably won't be. Also the price is still not as good as the euro delivery order price, with the right specs, but that car is now probably 4-6 months out, at least.

Any guidance?! Help!

edit: WA state. car sales are ok, it seems. they are offering local delivery of the cars for all buyers.
Isn't Euro delivery discount only 5%? You can beat that on the lot all day long. Honestly, ED discount is only worth it for the experience and not necessary for the discount.

Also who orders a M2C without Executive package? Ok, I'm sure some would. But for dealer inventory, that is very surprising.

Lastly, LBB and orange would be interesting to say the least. I've actually never seen that combination and honestly, picturing in my head, I'm not a fan.

Personally, I would wait till they open up ED or do PCD. Or if I were going to pick one off the lot, I would shop around and get the exact spec you want.
      04-10-2020, 11:05 AM   #96
M2Cmtl
Major
Rep

Orange stitch on LBB... would be interested in seeing that.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2020, 11:05 AM   #97
Tainen
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
Isn't Euro delivery discount only 5%? You can beat that on the lot all day long. Honestly, ED discount is only worth it for the experience and not necessary for the discount.

Also who orders a M2C without Executive package? Ok, I'm sure some would. But for dealer inventory, that is very surprising.

Lastly, LBB and orange would be interesting to say the least. I've actually never seen that combination and honestly, picturing in my head, I'm not a fan.

Personally, I would wait till they open up ED or do PCD. Or if I were going to pick one off the lot, I would shop around and get the exact spec you want.
Yeah... That's the crux of it. They have two LBB's, one without exec, one with orange stitching. UGH!!!

So the ED price I negotiated was ED MSRP, and another 2% off, so overall a decent discount. The on-the-lot price they would give me is 4.5% off MSRP, so still about $1200 above what my ED + 2% price is.

Just don't know if I want a LBB without exec or with orange stitching. I can't really find any other LBBs in the area with the right spec- the few that are DCT/exec/blue stitching all seem to have 5-10k of accessories added.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2020, 11:07 AM   #98
JCZ5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah... That's the crux of it. They have two LBB's, one without exec, one with orange stitching. UGH!!!

So the ED price I negotiated was ED MSRP, and another 2% off, so overall a decent discount. The on-the-lot price they would give me is 4.5% off MSRP, so still about $1200 above what my ED + 2% price is.

Just don't know if I want a LBB without exec or with orange stitching. I can't really find any other LBBs in the area with the right spec- the few that are DCT/exec/blue stitching all seem to have 5-10k of accessories added.
Do you have time to wait? I'm sure a lot more are coming when restrictions ease up. And for M2C, I would shoot for 10%. That was what a lot of members were getting.

Also, I love the executive package for the upgraded lights. I would just be patient
      04-10-2020, 11:26 AM   #99
Tainen
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Do you have time to wait? I'm sure a lot more are coming when restrictions ease up. And for M2C, I would shoot for 10%. That was what a lot of members were getting.

Also, I love the executive package for the upgraded lights. I would just be patient
yep. it's really just the lights.

Should I cast my net wider? look at neighboring states? I don't want to wait another 6 mo if I don't haveto.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2020, 11:30 AM   #100
JCZ5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

yep. it's really just the lights.

Should I cast my net wider? look at neighboring states? I don't want to wait another 6 mo if I don't haveto.
Oh absolutely! The Seattle and SoCal area are notorious for little to no discount. A lot of dealers now will ship for free or at very discounted rates to move these vehicles. Last I checked, there were over 300 M2Cs at dealers. However, I think there were only 4-5 LBB.

Regardless, I mentioned previously I got 11% MSRP on a car and they were going to ship it to me for free. Unfortunately, I decided to go with LBB and I want to do PCD.

Happy hunting!
      04-10-2020, 11:33 AM   #101
BigKutta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C, 2019 330xi, 2017 Q7

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:

Any guidance?! Help!

Thats a tough one, but I'd rather give up exec than have a LBB / orange combo. What's you exact desired spec?
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2020, 11:39 AM   #102
Tainen
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKutta View Post
Thats a tough one, but I'd rather give up exec than have a LBB / orange combo. What's you exact desired spec?
Exact spec I'm looking for:
LBB, DCT, exec package, blue stitching, black wheels. no accessories.

If I can get one in that spec for more than 6% off, I'd buy it pretty much right now.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2020, 11:42 AM   #103
BigKutta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C, 2019 330xi, 2017 Q7

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Exact spec I'm looking for:
LBB, DCT, exec package, blue stitching, black wheels. no accessories.

If I can get one in that spec for more than 6% off, I'd buy it pretty much right now.
Sending you PM
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2020, 08:15 PM   #104
aeroglava
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2C, SOM, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
Car dealers have an exemption in CO-- go figure. They can do "no contact" sales.

Which seems pretty much the same as regular sales, just without handshakes.

60% of the sales/finance staff are laid off and the rest are on a week/off a week.

My SA said that mine was one of the last cars they got from the SoCal port-- he had nine cars that were stuck there as CA had shut down transportation.

I don't know if that's the case anymore.

R.

Hey, man. Did you end up taking delivery?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2020, 08:23 PM   #105
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroglava View Post
Mmaaaaybe.....
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Poochie9099.00
Moflow2484.50
      04-14-2020, 07:25 AM   #106
aeroglava
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2C, SOM, 6MT

Quote:
Mmaaaaybe.....
That is awesome . It looks great and congrats!
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 08:26 AM   #107
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroglava View Post
Mmaaaaybe.....
For a second there, I mistook your Mazda for a Ferrari because of its similar style taillight design..

I'm sure the ladies doesn't know the difference..
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 09:17 AM   #108
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
For a second there, I mistook your Mazda for a Ferrari because of its similar style taillight design..

I'm sure the ladies doesn't know the difference..
That's my wife's toy-- I can't fit in it with the hard top up.

On the plus side, she insisted on it being a MT.
Appreciate 1
Poochie9099.00
      04-14-2020, 01:41 PM   #109
Moflow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C 6MT

Here's a video of a blue car with orange stitching. Hope this helps. Speaking as a fellow person from Seattle, the orange stitching really helps liven things up a bit. We get very little sun here and the car's interior is already pretty much black. The blue stitching is more tasteful IMHO, but it's 'cold' feeling and in a place that's already cold and dominated by greyish tones rather than bright sunny colors. In that context the orange stitching is almost a relief to look at. That's also a big part of why I went for the sunroof, i'll take a bit more brightness in the cabin any way I can have it.

That said, my car isn't blue.

Also, you want that heated steering wheel in the exec package. It's not super cold here, but its cold enough that you'll end up using it at least six months out of the year. It's not a thing I expected to like or care about, but man....It's nice to have.
Appreciate 1
Fuji550i388.00
      04-14-2020, 01:57 PM   #110
M2Cmtl
Major
Rep

Most of the interior is black/dark anyways. I don't mind it. From the outside, you can't tell really.