BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > need help to figure out if these camber plates are for stock suspension

02-27-2023, 11:12 AM   #1
MooMooM2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

need help to figure out if these camber plates are for stock suspension

Thinking about getting these camber plates, seller says they are for stock but would trust more if someone else could confirm

Looking to have these hold me over a year until i get some coil overs next year which will require a different camber plate.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2023, 08:36 PM   #2
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
Stock type thrust bearings on the bottom (one is flipped upside down for some reason) = for stock springs.

Might just have to verify the spherical bearing nut is the correct thread (M14x1.5), but it's likely it is.

Please don't PM me for suspension recommendations unless interested in paid private consultations.
Appreciate 1
MooMooM21819.00
      02-28-2023, 03:22 AM   #3
MooMooM2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle! View Post
Stock type thrust bearings on the bottom (one is flipped upside down for some reason) = for stock springs.

Might just have to verify the spherical bearing nut is the correct thread (M14x1.5), but it's likely it is.
I will verify that. Thank you Farkle! Much appreciated.

Edit- After looking at things, seems like adjusting these is a huge pain in the ass and there are better designs out there which maybe I should just pay a little extra for.

I know you dislike the GC plates but it would be nice to get a plate where when I get suspension next year I could just use the camber plate without having to buy a new one, is there any other camber plate I could do that appart from the GC? I am thinking of going with MCS coilovers next year.

Last edited by MooMooM2; 02-28-2023 at 09:06 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2023, 05:09 PM   #4
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMooM2 View Post
I know you dislike the GC plates but it would be nice to get a plate where when I get suspension next year I could just use the camber plate without having to buy a new one, is there any other camber plate I could do that appart from the GC? I am thinking of going with MCS coilovers next year.
With GC you swap the spring perch on the thrust bearing assembly, with Vorshlag you can swap the lower spherical beearing/sliding assembly. With either, you're better off buying the plate you need now, and then when you get your coilovers later buying a second plate with the spring perch you need. When you're ready to switch you won't have to unmount the plate from the shock tower (or alu strut brace) and can just swap either the spring perch (in GC case) or the lower spherical bearing/slider assy (in Vorshlag case). Then you'll have a whole complete plate to sell rather than be stuck with just some parts that are more difficult to sell.

Please don't PM me for suspension recommendations unless interested in paid private consultations.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2023, 05:18 PM   #5
MooMooM2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle! View Post
With GC you swap the spring perch on the thrust bearing assembly, with Vorshlag you can swap the lower spherical beearing/sliding assembly. With either, you're better off buying the plate you need now, and then when you get your coilovers later buying a second plate with the spring perch you need. When you're ready to switch you won't have to unmount the plate from the shock tower (or alu strut brace) and can just swap either the spring perch (in GC case) or the lower spherical bearing/slider assy (in Vorshlag case). Then you'll have a whole complete plate to sell rather than be stuck with just some parts that are more difficult to sell.
That makes sense.

I was not sure if Vorshlag sold the lower bearing/slidding assembly separately. I guess I could just buy another one and the other one while keeping the top on the car, that makes sense. I just thought with the GC the thrust bearing assembly would probably be not crazy expensive but maybe its not (since as you mentioned on one of your videos they want $30 for a bolt)
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2023, 05:09 PM   #6
HP Autosport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Looks like OE spring style from TCKR. Coilover style not use the OE bearings in your photo.

PM us if you have question regarding camber plates. We are here to help.
Appreciate 1
MooMooM21819.00