BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > BMW M2 CS spy pics and videos!

10-10-2018, 11:55 AM   #155
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingBMW View Post
BMW considers CSL the top most trim
M235i
M2
M2Comp
M2CS
M2CSL (GTS in some generations)
Yes and this is probably just a CS model not a CSL from the looks of it.
Appreciate 1
Tornado1M1203.00
      10-10-2018, 12:04 PM   #156
No Boost
enthusiasm > practicality
United_States
Rep
Drives: 987 CS | G35x

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by afwares View Post
All due respect to the 1M, the reason they are selling for more now then when they were new has much less to do with how awesome they may be and much more to do with the current financial system. Asset prices have become inflated, from cars to real estate to equities, beyond all historical norms and have disconnected from any reasonable expectation for future earnings. Too much cash is chasing too few avenues for return and it's all blown out. Enjoy it while it lasts...it won't.
Also factor in the 740 total North American units. I think I've seen 2 different ones in 8 years since launch and I live in a relatively highly populated region. It's a rare breed for sure.
Appreciate 1
Tornado1M1203.00
      10-10-2018, 12:23 PM   #157
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
"EXCLUSIVE: BMW M2 CS production to kick off in March 2020

BMW M2 CS production is planned for March 2020 in a limited run.

Yesterday, the BMW world was taken by surprise when an M2 test mule was spotted at the Nurburgring for some testing. The prototype spotted featured a more aggressive body kit, thanks to some parts that could be found in the M Performance catalog. While we can’t say for sure that this is indeed the future M2 CS, it is certainly interesting that BMW continues to stress test the M2 on the most demanding track in the world.

Yet, what we can say with a high degree of confidence is that BMW M is indeed planning a more hardcore version of their M2 Competition model which is scheduled to arrive in 2020.

While many of the media, including us, have labeled the new M2 as the CSL model, in fact, the upcoming, limited super-sporty M2 will carry the M2 CS badge on its boot. This falls in line with the other CS models of the M family – M3 CS, M4 CS – so it comes as no surprise that the CS name was reserved for the M2 as well.

The other thing we can reveal today is that the production of the new BMW M2 CS is scheduled to begin in March 2020 which should give the car about a year run before the production of the M2 makes room for the next generation. At this time, we don’t know the number of M2 CS planned, but we can assume that it would be fairly limited, just like the M3 CS and M4 CS were before.

Launching a BMW M2 CS makes sense, as shedding some weight off the M2 wouldn’t be extremely hard to do and it would offer more adrenaline to the customers. The S55 engine could also deliver a bit more power or torque, to make the car even faster.

And while we always crave the next and best, the current M2 Competition is more than capable to satisfy that hunger of performance and driving dynamics we expect from an M car, so in our opinion, it’s still one of the best BMWs you can buy today. - BMWBLOG
"
Appreciate 3
      10-10-2018, 12:35 PM   #158
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Clearly just a CS.

35% price inscrease, plus optional $5k CCB. CS paint option $5k.

Will they sit on lots like the current M4 CS? BMW is already advertising the next G87 M2 as the "drift machine". Will be a hard sale at $90k with tax, at the end of life cycle.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2018, 12:40 PM   #159
Gatte
Major
Rep
Drives: anything with 4 wheels.

When and IF you see the CSL/GTS, you will not have doubts regarding what car it is.

This is the CS which has been mostly ready for a while now. Some of the videos we saw last year and assumed was the M2 Competition was really the CS without the external bits. I had already mentioned earlier that the CS was actually developed for a lot longer than the M2 Competition which was basically a straight engine swap.

These photos that we're seeing now are just to drive up the hype.
Appreciate 4
M-Pilot4859.00
Artemis28911.50
AndrewC198910903.50
      10-10-2018, 12:49 PM   #160
Fear-Mongrel
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LCI 6MT LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stage IV View Post
Also factor in the 740 total North American units. I think I've seen 2 different ones in 8 years since launch and I live in a relatively highly populated region. It's a rare breed for sure.
I'm aware of the rarity, and can understand someone taking the position that because of that rarity it will sidestep what's coming when interest rates normalize. I just disagree and don't think it will be immune, even as rare as it is. There's a level of wealth - think buy-a-baseball-team wealth - that will be insulated from such a correction, and they'll continue to accumulate rarities. But those people want the prestige that comes from owning '50s Ferraris, Jags and Mercedes. They're not hunting the 1M any more than they're hunting '93 Toyota Supras. The people hunting the 1M, or mid-90s Supras, or the FD RX-7, are at a different level and I don't think they'll be as insulated. All you have to do is watch Doug DeMuro's "Why XXX is Worth $300,000" car videos and you quickly realize we're in Fantasyland.

I'm not saying not to buy and enjoy driving a 1M, but once we get to "they're now worth more than when they were new" that's a different discussion that has nothing to do with hydraulic steering or throttle response.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2018, 01:17 PM   #161
F85MTuNED
IG: @88jae88
Rep
Drives: ///Ⓜ️

Shit... got me second guessing this RS3 purchase
      10-10-2018, 01:47 PM   #162
N54
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatte View Post
When and IF you see the CSL/GTS, you will not have doubts regarding what car it is.

This is the CS which has been mostly ready for a while now. Some of the videos we saw last year and assumed was the M2 Competition was really the CS without the external bits. I had already mentioned earlier that the CS was actually developed for a lot longer than the M2 Competition which was basically a straight engine swap.

These photos that we're seeing now are just to drive up the hype.
Do you think the CS will be DCT only ?
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2018, 02:47 PM   #163
Chasing Dreams
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: '16 M2

Said it earlier in this thread, said it already two months ago. Finally confirmed so people can stop dreaming there will be a CSL or GTS.

Nice info also mikeahso . I skip due to DCT-only. Love my 6MT too much.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2018, 03:04 PM   #164
raysspl
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: walking, bicycle, & bus

Damn!!! This is going to be so good!!!
      10-10-2018, 03:05 PM   #165
Romo
Lieutenant Colonel
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: GR Yaris GT4RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
Is this the beauty on the inside argument?

The 1M has a face only a mother could love...which is fine, beauty is in the eye of the beholder for sure. But the styling was definitely part of me passing on the 1M, and contributed to my comment in regard to "dated". I also had two 135s in my past, so the interior wasn't that exciting either.

From the driving perspective, I had an extended test drive before I purchased my 981 CS, and I found the 1M to be twitchy (jumpy maybe?) and unforgiving in the throttle application department, at least compared to the Porsche. I had a tuned N54 in my first 135 and was surprised at how the 1M that I drove felt. Overall, the 981 just went around the corner in a predictable manner, while you sort of had to wrestle the 1M around the corner (which is obviously good fun).

I was also coming out of a 235 that I was very disappointed with, and it had a MT - so the MT only 1M wasn't appealing to me from that perspective either. I found the PDK to be the best gearbox I have ever had the pleasure of owning - it was great.

Along those lines, the 981 remains the best car I've ever driven, and by a long way. it's just not ideally suited to be someone's only car - hence why M cars are so attractive. They have more utility and "bang for the buck", which is why I am interested in the M2/C/CS.

-I wrestled the 981GTS steering more than E82 1M So for me it felt the other way around, you know why

-PDK, I agree fully on your comment, was by far the best gearbox I`ve ever driven, the way it matched the 981GTS 3.4L 6F was just heavenly, the swift and super fast way it reacts, how intuitive it reacts, so unbelievable good, as I tell it here it gives me goosebumps once again. SUPURB !
Appreciate 2
Tornado1M1203.00
dmboone254970.50
      10-10-2018, 04:23 PM   #166
Tornado1M
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2cs

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado1M View Post

There is a reason why they are selling for more now then when they were new....mileage, condition into consideration please.
All due respect to the 1M, the reason they are selling for more now then when they were new has much less to do with how awesome they may be and much more to do with the current financial system. Asset prices have become inflated, from cars to real estate to equities, beyond all historical norms and have disconnected from any reasonable expectation for future earnings. Too much cash is chasing too few avenues for return and it's all blown out. Enjoy it while it lasts...it won't.
Spoken like a true hater :
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2018, 04:26 PM   #167
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeahso View Post
As many know, I've been toying with ordering a M2C and painting it locally grey. After seeing the reaction of the vast majority being against it; I decided last week to take pause.

Just got a phone call.

M2CS delivery in late May 2019.

Offered in SMB, Black, "a grey" and frozen SMB.
Which grey? I said.
"I can't read my notes, it's not Mineral though."

Will have CF bonnet, roof, boot, guards.

763m wheels in grey and cup 2 tyres.

Ceramics optional otherwise M2 (?) brakes

Doors cards, centre console, dash insert, wheel, seats, all as per M4CS essentially.

Lighter air con (not sure what this means?)

Has back seats.

About 30 more HP

Suspension, diff, aids all retuned more aggressively.

DCT ONLY
So, paying all this money for expensive carbon bits just to be forced to use the heavier box I don't want? I said.
No response.

Limited production. We will only get 2 or 3 nationwide
(based on that and other similar limited runs, indicates to me 2000-3000 WW)

Price, $180's (NZD)
(M2C price is $120's NZD, so this indicates closer to 50% premium)

That's all I know.

Reading through this thread, seems like all the above is already known.
Interesting. Buy it bro. We have to live vicariously through your bank account!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2018, 04:31 PM   #168
Tornado1M
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I just wish more could experience it. I truly do!

I was so close to getting an OG M2......that is until a chance encounter with a friend of a friend, and an opportunity to take it on a long test drive.

Rest was history!

The good news is there is always a few on sale and one with avg miles can be had for right around $50k. Not a bad price for a modern day classic
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2018, 04:35 PM   #169
Tornado1M
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellrotm View Post
Clearly just a CS.

35% price inscrease, plus optional $5k CCB. CS paint option $5k.

Will they sit on lots like the current M4 CS? BMW is already advertising the next G87 M2 as the "drift machine". Will be a hard sale at $90k with tax, at the end of life cycle.
Agree 100%! Definitely a hard sell. Your essentially approaching Porsche territory 🤣

But seriously, my local dealership has 3 M3CS's just sitting around for weeks now.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-10-2018, 04:39 PM   #170
Tornado1M
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I'm aware of the rarity, and can understand someone taking the position that because of that rarity it will sidestep what's coming when interest rates normalize. I just disagree and don't think it will be immune, even as rare as it is. There's a level of wealth - think buy-a-baseball-team wealth - that will be insulated from such a correction, and they'll continue to accumulate rarities. But those people want the prestige that comes from owning '50s Ferraris, Jags and Mercedes. They're not hunting the 1M any more than they're hunting '93 Toyota Supras. The people hunting the 1M, or mid-90s Supras, or the FD RX-7, are at a different level and I don't think they'll be as insulated. All you have to do is watch Doug DeMuro's "Why XXX is Worth $300,000" car videos and you quickly realize we're in Fantasyland.

I'm not saying not to buy and enjoy driving a 1M, but once we get to "they're now worth more than when they were new" that's a different discussion that has nothing to do with hydraulic steering or throttle response.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1994-toyota-supra-14/

🤣
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2018, 05:18 PM   #171
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

The schedule is quite tight especially when you have the second generation 2er arriving afterwards , although the second generation M2 is still far,far away,
It makes more sense for CS

Its either the M4 or The M8 that will introduce the first modern CSL.
      10-10-2018, 05:29 PM   #172
fullstack
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: around in circles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeahso View Post
As many know, I've been toying with ordering a M2C and painting it locally grey. After seeing the reaction of the vast majority being against it; I decided last week to take pause.

Just got a phone call.

M2CS delivery in late May 2019.

Offered in SMB, Black, "a grey" and frozen SMB.
Which grey? I said.
"I can't read my notes, it's not Mineral though."

Will have CF bonnet, roof, boot, guards.

763m wheels in grey and cup 2 tyres.

Ceramics optional otherwise M2 (?) brakes

Doors cards, centre console, dash insert, wheel, seats, all as per M4CS essentially.

Lighter air con (not sure what this means?)

Has back seats.

About 30 more HP

Suspension, diff, aids all retuned more aggressively.

DCT ONLY
So, paying all this money for expensive carbon bits just to be forced to use the heavier box I don't want? I said.
No response.

Limited production. We will only get 2 or 3 nationwide
(based on that and other similar limited runs, indicates to me 2000-3000 WW)

Price, $180's (NZD)
(M2C price is $120's NZD, so this indicates closer to 50% premium)

That's all I know.

Reading through this thread, seems like all the above is already known.
Not interested in auto for this chasis. But what about the colors? HS didn’t make the cut? Can we infer anything about the regular my2020 model colors from this info?
Appreciate 1
Peasley247.00
      10-10-2018, 05:33 PM   #173
qnet
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 Jeep Wrangler, 18 M2 LBB

Quote:
The legendary Toyota Supra.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2018, 05:56 PM   #174
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Agree 100%! Definitely a hard sell. Your essentially approaching Porsche territory ��

But seriously, my local dealership has 3 M3CS's just sitting around for weeks now.
There are almost 70 M4 CS listed on Autotrader. I would guess many of them will be there months from now. A couple dealers even have unsold 2016 M4 GTS.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2018, 06:29 PM   #175
Tornado1M
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellrotm View Post
Quote:
Agree 100%! Definitely a hard sell. Your essentially approaching Porsche territory ��

There are almost 70 M4 CS listed on Autotrader. I would guess many of them will be there months from now. A couple dealers even have unsold 2016 M4 GTS.
😳Yikes!

If those cars sit around to long that will tell BMW Mgmt that maybe there is just not enough demand for these cars.

OR.....maybe they should put a roof on some of those prices!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2018, 07:14 PM   #176
dmboone25
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2024 Golf R / 2022 718 Spyder

Garage List
2007 E92 328i  [10.00]
2007 328i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
The schedule is quite tight especially when you have the second generation 2er arriving afterwards , although the second generation M2 is still far,far away,
It makes more sense for CS

Its either the M4 or The M8 that will introduce the first modern CSL.
Ahhhhh yes, the M4 CSl...that ought to be hilariously huge and still overweight.

But I agree, won't see a CSL on the M2 before the M3/4, even though it is obviously the spiritual successor to the E46 M3.