BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > BMW M2 CS spy pics and videos!

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-20-2018, 01:17 PM   #221
RPM33
Second Lieutenant
84
Rep
267
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Tampa, FL

iTrader: (0)

This needs to be in the $80K range. Anything $90K or above is in the 992 Porsche 911 category. Need to see the weight of this car as well.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2018, 08:05 PM   #222
Tornado1M
Lieutenant
Tornado1M's Avatar
United_States
361
Rep
458
Posts

Drives: 1M, X5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM33 View Post
This needs to be in the $80K range. Anything $90K or above is in the 992 Porsche 911 category. Need to see the weight of this car as well.
Agreed!
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 11:10 AM   #223
Jason
Administrator
Jason's Avatar
United_States
22105
Rep
19,761
Posts

Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Spotted!

__________________
Check on the Latest BMW News
Become a fan of Bimmerpost Facebook
Follow us on Bimmerpost Twitter
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 8
vinny8463.00
VCP1169.50
TunedM2C680.50
BAN_M2C2894.00
Brake_Late1791.00
cptobvious1694.00
ried572.50

      10-22-2018, 11:21 AM   #224
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
CosmosMpower's Avatar
1734
Rep
3,524
Posts

Drives: F80, F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Frisco, TX

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM33 View Post
This needs to be in the $80K range. Anything $90K or above is in the 992 Porsche 911 category. Need to see the weight of this car as well.
91K is a 911 with absolutely 0 options, I don't think that car actually exists.
Appreciate 5
      10-22-2018, 11:40 AM   #225
Zombie_Head
Captain
Zombie_Head's Avatar
Germany
583
Rep
703
Posts

Drives: E30 325i 4-Door
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Bavaria

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavpilot2k View Post
Could be, but it just loks like an M2C with some of the M Perf. parts installed (which you would expect to see on a CSL).
MAYBE ight, but BMW M never puts CUP tires unless it is special.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 11:44 AM   #226
Zombie_Head
Captain
Zombie_Head's Avatar
Germany
583
Rep
703
Posts

Drives: E30 325i 4-Door
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Bavaria

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
91K is a 911 with absolutely 0 options, I don't think that car actually exists.
They always throw in some options as "standard" ^^
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 11:58 AM   #227
marcva
Captain
United_States
348
Rep
617
Posts

Drives: E36 M345
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Vienna, Virginia, USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-Bracq-BMW View Post
I don't believe this is the CSL and if it is, I'd be disappointed.

CSL's are supposed to be the top of the crop for BMW and a few M-performance bits here and there should not cut it. They should give more of the Vision Gran Turismo concept...

IMO it should look more like this, with wider F/R fenders, the Vision GT rear wing etc:

Attachment 1914298

Attachment 1914299
Leave it to Paul to show us amazing cars we will never see...
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 12:30 PM   #228
Brake_Late
Brigadier General
Brake_Late's Avatar
Norway
1791
Rep
3,227
Posts

Drives: 2015 F82 M4 FIREORANGE2
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Manhattan Beach

iTrader: (1)

Nice ... love my CCBs cf roof and 3 pedals tho
__________________
Eendraght Maeckt Maght
FOF82,3pedals,MPE,CCBs,Multicams,
CarbonStrucktureAnthracite, CF_Everything
BMWPhotoVin, 01of01, GTS DCT, EPS, MDM,
CS EDC,M4GT4,Analog Dip stick,GTS parts.
EuroVin e30 M3 FIA cage

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClRTsfNzuz_EjUBu59UCykA
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 12:34 PM   #229
Kamil.EA
New Member
Kamil.EA's Avatar
Canada
8
Rep
8
Posts

Drives: Mini JCW 2019 Black Edition
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Looks amazing
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 12:50 PM   #230
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
CosmosMpower's Avatar
1734
Rep
3,524
Posts

Drives: F80, F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Frisco, TX

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie_Head View Post
They always throw in some options as "standard" ^^
LOL like air conditioning and AM/FM stereo.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 12:51 PM   #231
Zombie_Head
Captain
Zombie_Head's Avatar
Germany
583
Rep
703
Posts

Drives: E30 325i 4-Door
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Bavaria

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
LOL like air conditioning and AM/FM stereo.
Well, for starters yes but some other things as well.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 12:58 PM   #232
Costello1991
Private First Class
Costello1991's Avatar
United_States
172
Rep
162
Posts

Drives: 2013 Alpine White 135is
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Seems like an overpriced m2 comp.
__________________
DCT N55 135is | MHD STAGE 2 ACN 91 | AR Downpipe | Chargepipe | Muffler Delete | Carbon Fiber Exhaust Tips | Carbon Fiber Trunk Spoiler | OEM 313s | Spacers : 15mm F - 12mm R |
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 01:32 PM   #233
Brake_Late
Brigadier General
Brake_Late's Avatar
Norway
1791
Rep
3,227
Posts

Drives: 2015 F82 M4 FIREORANGE2
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Manhattan Beach

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie_Head View Post
They always throw in some options as "standard" ^^
LOL like air conditioning and AM/FM stereo.
Not in every instance.
Take the 1995 M3 LTW for example.
__________________
Eendraght Maeckt Maght
FOF82,3pedals,MPE,CCBs,Multicams,
CarbonStrucktureAnthracite, CF_Everything
BMWPhotoVin, 01of01, GTS DCT, EPS, MDM,
CS EDC,M4GT4,Analog Dip stick,GTS parts.
EuroVin e30 M3 FIA cage

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClRTsfNzuz_EjUBu59UCykA
Appreciate 1
///M TOWN1691.50

      10-22-2018, 01:40 PM   #234
dmboone25
Major General
dmboone25's Avatar
United_States
4246
Rep
9,822
Posts

Drives: 2017 F80 M3 ZCP/DUC M1200S
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 E92 328i  [0.00]
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Spotted!
Well at least the udder has been nipped in half - at least it looks like it doesn't protrude down nearly as much as the M2C's does.
__________________
Past rides: 2015 981 CS, 2014 F22 235, 2011 E82 135, 2008 E82 135, 2007 E92 328, 2007 E92 328 (My lady drives an OG M2. So does my dad)
Appreciate 1
Brake_Late1791.00

      10-22-2018, 02:21 PM   #235
///M TOWN
.
///M TOWN's Avatar
1692
Rep
1,972
Posts

Drives: ///M
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: North America

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwares View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stage IV View Post
Also factor in the 740 total North American units. I think I've seen 2 different ones in 8 years since launch and I live in a relatively highly populated region. It's a rare breed for sure.
I'm aware of the rarity, and can understand someone taking the position that because of that rarity it will sidestep what's coming when interest rates normalize. I just disagree and don't think it will be immune, even as rare as it is. There's a level of wealth - think buy-a-baseball-team wealth - that will be insulated from such a correction, and they'll continue to accumulate rarities. But those people want the prestige that comes from owning '50s Ferraris, Jags and Mercedes. They're not hunting the 1M any more than they're hunting '93 Toyota Supras. The people hunting the 1M, or mid-90s Supras, or the FD RX-7, are at a different level and I don't think they'll be as insulated. All you have to do is watch Doug DeMuro's "Why XXX is Worth $300,000" car videos and you quickly realize we're in Fantasyland.

I'm not saying not to buy and enjoy driving a 1M, but once we get to "they're now worth more than when they were new" that's a different discussion that has nothing to do with hydraulic steering or throttle response.
Supply and demand dude.

Nice story though.

Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 02:42 PM   #236
cntzl
Brigadier General
cntzl's Avatar
United_States
4276
Rep
3,438
Posts

Drives: 2019 M2C 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: San Mateo, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Spotted!
Well at least the udder has been nipped in half - at least it looks like it doesn't protrude down nearly as much as the M2C's does.
It still has the same muffler.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 02:55 PM   #237
dmboone25
Major General
dmboone25's Avatar
United_States
4246
Rep
9,822
Posts

Drives: 2017 F80 M3 ZCP/DUC M1200S
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 E92 328i  [0.00]
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
It still has the same muffler.
Hmmmm...well, it looks smaller in the video...
__________________
Past rides: 2015 981 CS, 2014 F22 235, 2011 E82 135, 2008 E82 135, 2007 E92 328, 2007 E92 328 (My lady drives an OG M2. So does my dad)
Appreciate 1
Brake_Late1791.00

      10-22-2018, 03:00 PM   #238
cntzl
Brigadier General
cntzl's Avatar
United_States
4276
Rep
3,438
Posts

Drives: 2019 M2C 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: San Mateo, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
It still has the same muffler.
Hmmmm...well, it looks smaller in the video...
My screenshot is from the video (around 6sec mark).
Appreciate 1
hellrotm2703.50

      10-22-2018, 03:06 PM   #239
Zombie_Head
Captain
Zombie_Head's Avatar
Germany
583
Rep
703
Posts

Drives: E30 325i 4-Door
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Bavaria

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake_Late View Post
Not in every instance.
Take the 1995 M3 LTW for example.
Well if you want to go further back, AC was an option in 1986 for my Porsche 944 turbo ^^

Lets stick with modern cars Specifically a "base" 911.
Appreciate 1
Brake_Late1791.00

      10-22-2018, 03:06 PM   #240
F87_LCI
Lieutenant Colonel
F87_LCI's Avatar
1688
Rep
1,682
Posts

Drives: 2018 LBB F87
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: North

iTrader: (1)

Any chance they test this thing (for now) with S55 but swap for S58 when time for production? Is there even an S58 ready yet? When are the X3/4M's being produced? What does S58 sound like?? Any videos of it?
Appreciate 2
      10-22-2018, 03:11 PM   #241
Zombie_Head
Captain
Zombie_Head's Avatar
Germany
583
Rep
703
Posts

Drives: E30 325i 4-Door
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Bavaria

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwares View Post
I'm aware of the rarity, and can understand someone taking the position that because of that rarity it will sidestep what's coming when interest rates normalize. I just disagree and don't think it will be immune, even as rare as it is. There's a level of wealth - think buy-a-baseball-team wealth - that will be insulated from such a correction, and they'll continue to accumulate rarities. But those people want the prestige that comes from owning '50s Ferraris, Jags and Mercedes. They're not hunting the 1M any more than they're hunting '93 Toyota Supras. The people hunting the 1M, or mid-90s Supras, or the FD RX-7, are at a different level and I don't think they'll be as insulated. All you have to do is watch Doug DeMuro's "Why XXX is Worth $300,000" car videos and you quickly realize we're in Fantasyland.

I'm not saying not to buy and enjoy driving a 1M, but once we get to "they're now worth more than when they were new" that's a different discussion that has nothing to do with hydraulic steering or throttle response.
FYI not all Hydraulic Steering is good, the E46 M3 CSL is an example, there is not much feel in the wheel, granted enough but not as good as you expect it to be.

Again, "not all" is the key here, some are fantastic and some are just dead.
Appreciate 2
///M TOWN1691.50
Brake_Late1791.00

      10-22-2018, 03:17 PM   #242
///M TOWN
.
///M TOWN's Avatar
1692
Rep
1,972
Posts

Drives: ///M
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: North America

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87_LCI View Post
Any chance they test this thing (for now) with S55 but swap for S58 when time for production? Is there even an S58 ready yet? When are the X3/4M's being produced? What does S58 sound like?? Any videos of it?
Not before the new M3/4.
Appreciate 1
dmboone254246.00

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:38 PM.




m2
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST