BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > Tow Hook Plate Holder for Euro plates 2020 M2C

02-03-2020, 03:39 AM   #1
MaDoose
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 Competition

Garage List
Tow Hook Plate Holder for Euro plates 2020 M2C

Does anyone have one of these? Where did you get it? I'm finding tons of them for US plates and I searched the forum before making a post, but I can't find anything that will hold the euro (longer) plate.
Appreciate 1
dtmurf477.00
      02-03-2020, 04:06 AM   #2
hlm2c
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Recommend Carbonio Euro plate mount. Mounts onto grill, looks a lot cleaner/natural.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2020, 02:26 AM   #3
MaDoose
Private First Class
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlm2c View Post
Recommend Carbonio Euro plate mount. Mounts onto grill, looks a lot cleaner/natural.
That's nice but that's not what i'm looking for
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2020, 05:00 PM   #4
Space gray
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX 50

Garage List
2022 BMW iX50  [0.00]
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
This? https://www.rho-plate.com/collections/all/bmw

Or this? http://usmillworks.com/

I have US Millworks. Very solid product.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2020, 01:06 AM   #5
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bavarian Milk Wagon

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDoose View Post
Does anyone have one of these? Where did you get it? I'm finding tons of them for US plates and I searched the forum before making a post, but I can't find anything that will hold the euro (longer) plate.
Is it a US spec car you bought in Europe or a US car you brought to EU from states?

I told my dealer, for my EU spec M2c, I didn't want the front bumper drilled as I would use a sticker plate instead. They refused and put the front plate mount on.

When I had a US spec F80 in Belgium I did use the decal plate and it worked great. No drilling and looked like a normal plate. Police never gave me any grief at all. Can't say it would be the same in Germany, etc.

I think I will give the decal a try and remove my front mount on the M2.

Here's one place that will do it in EU but there are others:

https://www.drsticker.nl/en/shop/stickers/car-stickers/

Pic shows my BE decal
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Moris3.00
      02-10-2020, 01:49 AM   #6
MaDoose
Private First Class
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kankles View Post
Is it a US spec car you bought in Europe or a US car you brought to EU from states?

I told my dealer, for my EU spec M2c, I didn't want the front bumper drilled as I would use a sticker plate instead. They refused and put the front plate mount on.

When I had a US spec F80 in Belgium I did use the decal plate and it worked great. No drilling and looked like a normal plate. Police never gave me any grief at all. Can't say it would be the same in Germany, etc.

Pic shows my BE decal
US Spec car bought here that will eventually go back to the states. Right now I have dual lock (strong velcro) on the front and center and have had no problem with the plates but I want the look from mounting it on the side.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2020, 02:00 AM   #7
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Pic shows my BE decal
US Spec car bought here that will eventually go back to the states. Right now I have dual lock (strong velcro) on the front and center and have had no problem with the plates but I want the look from mounting it on the side.
That was the case for my F80 and why I used the decal. I didn't want Euro plate drill holes when back in the US
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2020, 06:26 AM   #8
MaDoose
Private First Class
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
That was the case for my F80 and why I used the decal. I didn't want Euro plate drill holes when back in the US
Yeah, no holes in my bumper. The decal looks interesting but the link you sent me doesn't show the decal to order. I wonder how that would fly here in Italy.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2020, 09:09 AM   #9
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, no holes in my bumper. The decal looks interesting but the link you sent me doesn't show the decal to order. I wonder how that would fly here in Italy.
Yeah, there are other sticker shops that can make them. I would find a reputable one and send them an email. I sent this shop and email with no response yet.

Most don't advertised it openly as much anymore for obvious reasons.

I'm trying to find the original shop that made mine.

I can't imagine they will give you a hard time on a US spec car, especially if you're Military or similar. Belgians didn't bat an eye
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2020, 02:29 PM   #10
dtmurf
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2

Garage List
1996 BMW 318is  [4.75]
2012 Audi Q5  [4.50]
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:

I think I have something like the setup you are interested in. I didn’t want any holes in the bumper and I considered going the 3M double sided tape route but I preferred the offset look so I searched on-line for something like the US Mill Work set up but for European plates.

I couldn’t find what I was looking for so I made my own or more correctly, I modified the US Mill Work set up to work for me.

I ordered the standard US Mill Works plate holder with the Quick Release Adapter. I then got a piece of 5mm thick aluminum and had it cut to the size of the European plate. Then I drilled four holes to mount the quick release receiver. I tapped (cut threads) to match the original hardware (M6 I think) and countersunk the holes to that the screws would allow the plate to lay flat against the aluminum backing plate.

Then I drilled and tapped four additional holes in the corners mount the license plate to the aluminum backing plate.

Once the license plate was mounted to the backing plate, I filed the corners round and bent the plates to follow the curve of the bumper, not perfectly but close enough.

Then I just used the US Mill Works bolt in the tow socket to hold the plate like the standard set up.

I added a couple of pieces of foam to the back corners just encase it touches the bumper and the brown tape under the receiver is just to ensure a tight fit.
Attached Images