BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > M2 Competition discontinued mid 2021 ?

02-15-2020, 01:06 PM   #67
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

Hmmm, will the M2 Comp be the only car with the S55 by then?
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2020, 01:22 AM   #68
verysideways
Lateral grip estimator
Rep
Drives: i4, M2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpsRider View Post
Hmmm, will the M2 Comp be the only car with the S55 by then?
Yup, S55 leaves when the M2C production ends in June 2021.

S58 will be with us for a while...
'02 Morgan Aero 8
http://petrolhead.tours
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2020, 02:33 PM   #69
Spanish_Competition
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW F22 & F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxyion View Post
So i'm currently in a 230i lease and the plan was for me to get a new M2 Competition when my 3 year lease is up. That will be in late 2021. However, i keep hearing and seeing people say that the M2 Competition will be discontinued after this year.

Is this true? Will there be no 2022 model? I've seen so many conflicting news about it. Some people saying that the production will be moved to Mexico which is why people are saying "discontinued" to people saying that the M2 CS will take its place. The fact that i'm hearing that its discontinued is giving me pause and almost making me consider trying to get rid of my lease now just to jump in one before dealerships jack up the price. I was hoping for another year or two to save up a bigger down payment but i'm not sure. Some clarity would be amazing. Thanks for any info you can provide.

EDIT by Artemis:
Recap: M2 end of production (EOP) - start of production (SOP):

Cross-reference: see also the G87 M2 (provisional) dedicated thread here.
Hello everyone, I just registered to participate in this thread.
Thank for all the information provided, I am still processing it.
I will tell you a bit more about my original idea, now conditioned by those news of the cease of production of the M2 Competition.

I own a BMW 220d F22, currently with a leasing plan that ends in 2022 (January). I hardly do mileages so the car will end up being delivered almost unused (unlike other cars that I have also leased). My idea is to bring an M2 Competition after delivering the 220d. Yeah, its a big big difference of sensations...

I am simply writing to you in a hopeful way, hoping that, although the production of the Competition will cease in 2021, it will continue to be in stock by the beginning of the year 2022.
Forgive my poor English, from now on I am reading you from Spain.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2020, 03:02 PM   #70
xxyion
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Competition xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanish_Competition View Post
Hello everyone, I just registered to participate in this thread.
Thank for all the information provided, I am still processing it.
I will tell you a bit more about my original idea, now conditioned by those news of the cease of production of the M2 Competition.

I own a BMW 220d F22, currently with a leasing plan that ends in 2022 (January). I hardly do mileages so the car will end up being delivered almost unused (unlike other cars that I have also leased). My idea is to bring an M2 Competition after delivering the 220d. Yeah, its a big big difference of sensations...

I am simply writing to you in a hopeful way, hoping that, although the production of the Competition will cease in 2021, it will continue to be in stock by the beginning of the year 2022.
Forgive my poor English, from now on I am reading you from Spain.

Cheers
This was my original plan as well. I ended up just buying an M2 Competition and taking the small hit in negative equity. Since you are pretty low on your mileage i would check with your local dealership to see if their trade in value might be higher than what you owe on your lease (or even) and maybe you can jump into an M2 Competition earlier.

Now granted you are in Spain so i dont know if they work differently there but i would check with your dealership and see if they can offer any incentives to switch early.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2020, 03:44 PM   #71
Spanish_Competition
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW F22 & F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxyion View Post
This was my original plan as well. I ended up just buying an M2 Competition and taking the small hit in negative equity. Since you are pretty low on your mileage i would check with your local dealership to see if their trade in value might be higher than what you owe on your lease (or even) and maybe you can jump into an M2 Competition earlier.

Now granted you are in Spain so i dont know if they work differently there but i would check with your dealership and see if they can offer any incentives to switch early.
Thank you for your quick response xxyion, and congratulations on finally bringing the "beast" Competition.

Maybe there you have financing plans similar to Spain. In my case I am going to pay 26k for 3 years of using the 220d.
After those 3 years I could keep or return it. If i exchange for another BMW they make a valuation of the car according to state and mileages, and the money that they pay me by contract (according to initial valuation) covers the entry of 100% for most of the M2 Competition that they have in stock now (I calculate with models and prices that are now in my dealer).

I would finance it for a monthly fee determined by "BMW Premium Selection" (almost all are now financed for 4-5 years). Otherwise it is impossible to get into something like this nowBut my idea is to keep the car passed those 4 years.

I have also my partner's car for working (she goes by motorbike) and we both want this car for just enjoyment and perhaps for sporadic use on circuit (Jarama, Madrid). She loves motorcycles, I love cars .. It is a whim that I want to have and I hope to but not before 2022.
Appreciate 0