BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Driving modes (Comfort, Sport, Sport+, MDM & DSC OFF)

08-01-2019, 06:34 PM   #67
David.m
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI 6MT BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
I feel the same way. They're might be a way with a flash tune to force sport throttle in every mode or sport shifting in every mode. Pretty sure you can do the throttle mapping at least. Then traction/MDM mode would have what you want because it uses sport shifting if you're picking the gears yourself.
Anyone know if itís possible to code in Sport throttle permanently? I feel itís closest to old fashioned cable accelerator but I want MDM as well.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 04:07 PM   #68
Bosozoku
Almost completely sane
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2, '00 S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajvdh View Post
At least for the OG M2, DSC off gives you "sport" throttle mapping, not "comfort". There's a handy chart from BMW which shows that. You can also confirm it by switching between modes.

I agree totally with you about "sport+", it's useless for anything other than roasting tires.
Thanks for the tip!

I guess with DSC off, BMW expects us to be good enough to handle a little instability and to appreciate the quick throttle response. Eventually I'll run with DSC off on track. (Maybe at Laguna Seca next week.)

P.S. And yes, "Sport+" throttle is just there to impress customers on test drives. Not good for your clutch, unless you have an ultra-light setting on your right foot (if 6MT).
'17 BMW M2 (BSM 6MT Exec CarPlay, TechnicPnP ASD bypass, IND M Perf shift knob + keyhole cover, Pedal Haus pedals + heel plate, 3M CR90 tint, BavSound Ghost woofers, Rogue Engineering strut tower brace, Dinan midpipe, Turner rear shifter bushing)
'00 Honda S2000 (Silverstone Metallic, black leather, factory titanium shift knob + front lip + trunk spoiler, front shock tower brace, front subframe x-brace)
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2019, 02:24 PM   #69
UnknownKnown
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Does this chart apply to the M1/M2 buttons?

For example, MDM sets the throttle response to "Comfort".

But I can have M1 be with MDM and throttle response set to "Sport+". Does the M buttons override the rules on the chart?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2019, 04:30 PM   #70
akkando
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownKnown View Post
Does this chart apply to the M1/M2 buttons?

For example, MDM sets the throttle response to "Comfort".

But I can have M1 be with MDM and throttle response set to "Sport+". Does the M buttons override the rules on the chart?
The chart I think is for the n55 m2 not m2c.

That said I believe the m1 and m2 buttons are just to store your preferred settings on one button unless you say you don't want a setting to override. So if you set m1 to mdm on, fastest shift, slowest throttle response, comfort steering, then that's exactly what you get when you press it.

If you set m2 button to DSC off, medium shift, don't override throttle, and don't override steering then it will set the settings you chose an not override your current settings for the ones you said don't override. So if it was in sport steering then it will stay in it, if it was in comfort steering it won't change when you hit m2.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2020, 05:52 PM   #71
evonick
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 F87

What I don't understand, is what the table means by Chassis. Since the M2 doesn't have adjustable suspension, what does Chassis mean? Iow, apart from DSC/MDM stuff, does the Sport button do *anything* except change the throttle map?

Btw I have a manual car.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2020, 07:44 PM   #72
boostm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '18 LBB M2 6MT Exec

Send a message via AIM to boostm3
Quote:
Originally Posted by evonick View Post
What I don't understand, is what the table means by Chassis. Since the M2 doesn't have adjustable suspension, what does Chassis mean? Iow, apart from DSC/MDM stuff, does the Sport button do *anything* except change the throttle map?

Btw I have a manual car.
Yes.. increases the engine sound, pops, and crackles.. And of course, it quickens the throttle mapping for a more responsive ride.. In this car 'chassis' would refer to the steering, which you can make stiffer if you choose.