BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > M2 Photos, Videos and Builds > Official BLACK SAPPHIRE METALLIC M2 Photos Thread

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-05-2016, 01:21 AM   #23
BMWPWR
Lieutenant
BMWPWR's Avatar
Australia
230
Rep
550
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (0)

Another
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2016, 09:09 AM   #24
OrangeCrush
Lieutenant Colonel
OrangeCrush's Avatar
1213
Rep
1,966
Posts

Drives: VO 1M #513/740
Join Date: May 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWPWR View Post
Few more
Man, black is the SHIT! Too bad I'm not man enough to own it!
__________________
Current
AW BMW M2
Past
VO BMW 1M
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2016, 09:10 AM   #25
BMWPWR
Lieutenant
BMWPWR's Avatar
Australia
230
Rep
550
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWPWR View Post
Few more
Man, black is the SHIT! Too bad I'm not man enough to own it!
MAN up
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2016, 07:44 AM   #26
unreg
Private First Class
No_Country
85
Rep
120
Posts

Drives: soon 718 Cayman
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Pt

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Man, black is the SHIT! Too bad I'm not man enough to own it!
Haha, its posts like this that are making me think about changing my mind to MG, ordering tomorrow...damn it.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2016, 09:09 AM   #27
OrangeCrush
Lieutenant Colonel
OrangeCrush's Avatar
1213
Rep
1,966
Posts

Drives: VO 1M #513/740
Join Date: May 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wn.mike View Post
Haha, its posts like this that are making me think about changing my mind to MG, ordering tomorrow...damn it.
Black or MG are both awesome. So is AW, that's why I'm getting it!

If you don't mind a dirty car or like to wash your car all the time get the black. Plus, BS will probably be the rarest color.
__________________
Current
AW BMW M2
Past
VO BMW 1M
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2016, 09:18 AM   #28
Dabozo
Major
Dabozo's Avatar
561
Rep
1,360
Posts

Drives: M2 BSM MT
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Black or MG are both awesome. So is AW, that's why I'm getting it!

If you don't mind a dirty car or like to wash your car all the time get the black. Plus, BS will probably be the rarest color.
I've owned black cars for the most part. If it's a DD then ya, tough to keep on top of to keep clean. But if it's a weekend/leisure type of car like it would be for me (and so was my last black car), it's not a pain to keep clean. I actually enjoy cleaning her up...nothing beats a freshly washed/polished black 'sports' car.
I also do my best to dodge rainy forecasts etc. Which brings me back around to why I enjoy cleaning the car...cause I don't have to do it so often. That's the key lol
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2016, 09:33 AM   #29
unreg
Private First Class
No_Country
85
Rep
120
Posts

Drives: soon 718 Cayman
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Pt

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabozo View Post
I've owned black cars for the most part. If it's a DD then ya, tough to keep on top of to keep clean. But if it's a weekend/leisure type of car like it would be for me (and so was my last black car), it's not a pain to keep clean. I actually enjoy cleaning her up...nothing beats a freshly washed/polished black 'sports' car.
I also do my best to dodge rainy forecasts etc. Which brings me back around to why I enjoy cleaning the car...cause I don't have to do it so often. That's the key lol

It will be my DD, neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will stop me from driving it, ok maybe the snow... But it never snowed here, am ok.

I don't like to buy cars without having contact with the colours, but its extremely unlikely any of the dealers here will have a car for showroom anyway.
I've had an e60 silver grey, into a e coupe palladium grey, now as I had a good deal on my merc I'm using a white 116d... Don't like the white to be honest. Looking for a change but not as much as going into LBB.

I'm going to flip a coin at the dealer.

Last edited by unreg; 03-06-2016 at 09:35 AM.. Reason: grammar
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2016, 01:20 PM   #30
Dabozo
Major
Dabozo's Avatar
561
Rep
1,360
Posts

Drives: M2 BSM MT
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wn.mike View Post
It will be my DD, neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will stop me from driving it, ok maybe the snow... But it never snowed here, am ok.

I don't like to buy cars without having contact with the colours, but its extremely unlikely any of the dealers here will have a car for showroom anyway.
I've had an e60 silver grey, into a e coupe palladium grey, now as I had a good deal on my merc I'm using a white 116d... Don't like the white to be honest. Looking for a change but not as much as going into LBB.

I'm going to flip a coin at the dealer.
I may be flipping a coin too I'm not a big fan of white but the m2 I saw in person looked amazing in white (with the contrasting black bits). I think it's this particular white (AW) that's doing it. Such a pure white....
So far I have seen LBB and AW in person. But like you, I need to see the other two to make a final decision. I think I will get that chance since I won't get the car anytime soon

Last edited by Dabozo; 03-06-2016 at 01:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2016, 01:54 PM   #31
unreg
Private First Class
No_Country
85
Rep
120
Posts

Drives: soon 718 Cayman
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Pt

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabozo View Post
I may be flipping a coin too I'm not a big fan of white but the m2 I saw in person looked amazing in white (with the contrasting black bits). I think it's this particular white (AW) that's doing it. Such a pure white....
So far I have seen LBB and AW in person. But like you, I need to see the other two to make a final decision. I think I will get that chance since I won't get the car anytime soon
Well, when I make the order at my dealer I will be number 2, the 1st is a LBB, so I guess I won't see any in order to make my decision :/
They are promising that I will get it mid may... I'm not sure what to believe anymore.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2016, 05:03 PM   #32
Dabozo
Major
Dabozo's Avatar
561
Rep
1,360
Posts

Drives: M2 BSM MT
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

I know what u mean...
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2016, 04:41 AM   #33
unreg
Private First Class
No_Country
85
Rep
120
Posts

Drives: soon 718 Cayman
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Pt

iTrader: (0)

Alright... err... placed the order, wallet is lighter.
Estimate production late May to early July (wtf)...

Yes, despite the difficulties of being a black car I will just keep in mind to use my "mild jet wash" at home every weekend or so ;D
I have a closed garage at home, closed garage at the office so it will be "protected" 20/7 to 22/7 heh
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2016, 03:08 AM   #34
Zigarum
Private
59
Rep
77
Posts

Drives: Z$ SDrive 2.3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Switzerland

iTrader: (0)

Glass silver / black Frame

Hey quick question. Why do I see black M2's with wither black or silver frames around the glass? I've ordered the black Sapphire and really hope mine comes with the black frame.
Appreciate 1
      03-13-2016, 03:21 AM   #35
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
metrickid's Avatar
Netherlands
2963
Rep
4,229
Posts

Drives: E91 318d
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Autobahn

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigarum View Post
Hey quick question. Why do I see black M2's with wither black or silver frames around the glass? I've ordered the black Sapphire and really hope mine comes with the black frame.
Chrome line is optional in some countries.
Appreciate 2
D CHOI538.50

      03-13-2016, 03:23 AM   #36
Zigarum
Private
59
Rep
77
Posts

Drives: Z$ SDrive 2.3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Switzerland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by metrickid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigarum View Post
Hey quick question. Why do I see black M2's with wither black or silver frames around the glass? I've ordered the black Sapphire and really hope mine comes with the black frame.
Chrome line is optional in some countries.
Ah thanks. Can't see why anyone would want that but all good.

?
Appreciate 1
D CHOI538.50

      03-13-2016, 06:29 AM   #37
unreg
Private First Class
No_Country
85
Rep
120
Posts

Drives: soon 718 Cayman
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Pt

iTrader: (0)

Weird things some countries have, for instance there isn't an option for Manual here, its either auto or auto...
Appreciate 1
      03-14-2016, 12:48 AM   #38
Zigarum
Private
59
Rep
77
Posts

Drives: Z$ SDrive 2.3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Switzerland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wn.mike
Weird things some countries have, for instance there isn't an option for Manual here, its either auto or auto...
Yeah I've heard it's different in various regions. I chose manual in Switzerland.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2016, 12:43 PM   #39
lurius
New Member
0
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: BMW M2, F11 520D, C30 RS
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Sweden

iTrader: (0)

http://postimg.org/image/4bla4za5v/full/
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2016, 12:05 AM   #40
atxsk8r
Major
atxsk8r's Avatar
United_States
1550
Rep
1,302
Posts

Drives: 2020M2C
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Austin, Tx

iTrader: (0)



Appreciate 0
      03-17-2016, 01:18 PM   #41
whitmont
Enlisted Member
54
Rep
46
Posts

Drives: '15 435xi '16 M2
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Man, there have only been a few pictures of the M2 in Black Sapphire where it's been cleaned and polished, but I feel its the best look this car has so far. The pictures in the Dubai dealership are stunning. Can't wait to see some more professional high res pictures of a clean one in black, I feel it's going to become a lot of people's favourite when the dust settles.
Appreciate 4
      03-17-2016, 02:32 PM   #42
G8rGrl
Lieutenant
558
Rep
446
Posts

Drives: Like a Boss
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxsk8r
[PICTURES]
I was set on Mineral Grey. Now I'm conflicted again. These pics are great.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2016, 03:20 PM   #43
JTO24
Got an 8:30 res at Dorsia
JTO24's Avatar
United_States
2487
Rep
4,346
Posts

Drives: 2018 AW M2 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: South Jersey

iTrader: (7)

Black is up there with LBB for me.. I think LBB is my first choice with BSM a close second.
__________________
2018 F87 M2 6MT | Alpine White | Exec. | OEM+
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
2016 981 Cayman 6MT | Jet Black | X73 Sport Suspension
2015 F80 M3 DCT | Tanzanite Blue | Gold Brown | OEM+
2013 E92 M3 6MT | Mineral White | Fox Red/Black | OEM+
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 07:39 PM   #44
mmmmmazing
Private First Class
mmmmmazing's Avatar
154
Rep
187
Posts

Drives: In my hands!
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Ontario

iTrader: (0)

I've just bought a BSM here in Toronto. Its only a pic of it in the lot but man when I walked around it I was immediately sold. Plus the photos of the one in Dubai made me give up the LLB I had intended to get...

Appreciate 3
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:23 AM.




m2
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST