BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Wheels / Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > M2 TPMS Tire Pressure Warning

01-18-2020, 05:43 PM   #1
evonick
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 F87

M2 TPMS Tire Pressure Warning

Hopefully a simple Q: Does anyone know the lowest pressure that will not trigger a TPMS warning?

On other cars I've driven, it's say 28psi, but I like to drop to 25psi cold to start the day and let the tires build to 32-33. The cars complain until the pressures get above 28 but it's only an idiot light or mild tone. It's my understanding the M2 will turn DSC back on and drop out of Sport Plus mode if the lower limit is breached, which could be no fun on the track. I'd like to avoid this by just setting the M2 at the lower limit cold, and dealing with however the car behaves if they get too hot on track.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2020, 02:41 AM   #2
5.M0NSTER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE

You can still drop it to 26 or 28 and then run the TPMS reset procedure through I-drive. You have to drive a few miles for it to learn new values. It will learns your lower Pressure as normal, and set new warning thresholds 15% below that.

This way you can get on track in any mode you want without being forced back to comfort settings.
Appreciate 1
      01-23-2020, 05:44 PM   #3
evonick
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 F87

Thank you! That's exactly what I needed to know.
Appreciate 0