BMW M2 Forum > M2 vs... > C8 vette vs M2

03-01-2020, 07:21 PM   #23
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER View Post
If you can deal with no back seats, and don't mind slightly less refinement in the interior, why not? C8 is a performance bargain. The thing that would stop me is the Z51 or Grand Sport models a year or 2 out.
Genuine question, but in terms of interior refinement. Do you think the current generation of the M2C do indeed have better refinement than the C8?

I've only seen videos and photos of the C8 interior. From what I gather, the quality seems at least on par, if not slightly better. The leather seats definitely look better than the M2C's Dakota leather.
      03-02-2020, 01:24 AM   #24
5.M0NSTER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
Genuine question, but in terms of interior refinement. Do you think the current generation of the M2C do indeed have better refinement than the C8?

I've only seen videos and photos of the C8 interior. From what I gather, the quality seems at least on par, if not slightly better. The leather seats definitely look better than the M2C's Dakota leather.
Good point, and until I touch and feel the surfaces I won't be able to tell you. I also put ergonomics in the "quality" bucket and there I prefer the simpler design on the M2. The wall of buttons has not grown on me yet. But I get what you're saying, coming from other cars to the M2 I wasn't immediately overwhelmed with how much better the interior is.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE. Because race car!

"Redline a day keeps the mechanics away"
Appreciate 1
JCZ51482.50
      03-02-2020, 09:33 AM   #25
Conissah
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Good point, and until I touch and feel the surfaces I won't be able to tell you. I also put ergonomics in the "quality" bucket and there I prefer the simpler design on the M2. The wall of buttons has not grown on me yet. But I get what you're saying, coming from other cars to the M2 I wasn't immediately overwhelmed with how much better the interior is.
Yeah, the wall is a dumb design IMO. Not only is the linear layout just bizarre, but it also completely shuts off the passenger from EVERYTHING the driver is doing. The driver controls, for example heated and cooled seats, are at the TOP of the wall furthest away from the driver. The square wheel is also super odd to me, flat bottom sure, but flat bottom AND top, it's just...different. IDK if you all have seen the gear selection, but it's just buttons; manual mode is push down, drive is pull out, neutral is push in, reverse is pull out, and park is push in. The little menu scroll wheel is hidden under the little palm rest beside the gear selection buttons, it just all reminds me of a bad mobile application where the UX was just an afterthought.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2020, 01:42 PM   #26
5.M0NSTER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conissah View Post
Yeah, the wall is a dumb design IMO. Not only is the linear layout just bizarre, but it also completely shuts off the passenger from EVERYTHING the driver is doing. The driver controls, for example heated and cooled seats, are at the TOP of the wall furthest away from the driver. The square wheel is also super odd to me, flat bottom sure, but flat bottom AND top, it's just...different. IDK if you all have seen the gear selection, but it's just buttons; manual mode is push down, drive is pull out, neutral is push in, reverse is pull out, and park is push in. The little menu scroll wheel is hidden under the little palm rest beside the gear selection buttons, it just all reminds me of a bad mobile application where the UX was just an afterthought.
I'm not a fan of buttons for drive selection, or auto/dct trans in the first place, and I hold a bit of disdain for Chevy for not offering a Manual.

The thing about the interior that ruins it for me is the wall. I'm at an age where road head is still in play. Not likely (not in my 20s any more) but still in play. And this fucking car makes it straight out impossible. Like she needs any more excuses. So that's my personal vendetta with the C8.

Appreciate 1
Conissah1574.50
      03-02-2020, 01:49 PM   #27
Conissah
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

For those who want to see what I'm whining about, here is the layout. So M pushed directly DOWN towards the floor, D is pulled OUT towards the rear, N is pushed IN towards the front, R is pulled OUT to the rear, and P is pushed IN towards the front. It's just weird...

The portion of the video that I snagged the above picture at is at 7:10. Cleetus does a decent job of testing the hoonability of the car. No standing burnout tho, which is a let down. Pull both clutches in to disengage the clutches and free rev, but if you drop em and get on the brakes, the 305 rears push right through the 245 fronts. He does that in a later vid I think.

Appreciate 1
5.M0NSTER3353.50
      03-02-2020, 02:02 PM   #28
5.M0NSTER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Ahhh Cleetus. After that in depth review perhaps my scenario could still happen, but she really needs to be into into Yoga? There are poses for this.

Appreciate 1
Conissah1574.50
      03-02-2020, 03:45 PM   #29
Moflow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C 6MT

Quote:
Ahhh Cleetus. After that in depth review perhaps my scenario could still happen, but she really needs to be into into Yoga? There are poses for this.
Every time I see/hear Cleetus i'm simultaneously filled in equal parts with annoyance and respect. He bugs the shit out of me, but also knows what the fuck is up.
Appreciate 2
Conissah1574.50
5.M0NSTER3353.50
      03-05-2020, 03:03 PM   #30
m2luvr
Rep
Drives: Civic Si

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAndy View Post
This may be a tough decision, I'm a BMW dude. My brother is on the ZR1 waiting list (I just can't/won't spent that much on a vehicle). He mentioned I should take a look at the new C8 coming out... I plan to order a M2C in the next few months, but now i'm contemplating the C8.
M2C more practical - C8 basically a super car hmmm. ��
I'm in the same boat. Trying to decide between the two and if I could live with a DCT in the C8. If I get M2C, then manual all the way.

I'm just wondering if the interior and exterior looks of the C8 outway the fact that it does not come in stick.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2020, 11:04 AM   #31
Bumpinjeep
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

Garage List
2023 M2  [8.00]
Although it's hard to wait, I would for at least 8 months until the second batch of C8s start arriving at dealerships. They'll sit and sit and you get a great deal on a car. Personally, i'll check the car out when the local dealers get one just to take a gander. If anything, I would wait until the High Power cars get announced like the Z06.
      03-10-2020, 11:55 PM   #32
m2luvr
Rep
Drives: Civic Si

Why is the interior of the M2C such crap. And what’s up with the CD player. Is an 8 track also an option. This really bugs me about this car, especially considering it’s 80 grand!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2020, 01:16 AM   #33
Moflow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2luvr View Post
Why is the interior of the M2C such crap. And what’s up with the CD player. Is an 8 track also an option. This really bugs me about this car, especially considering it’s 80 grand!
I still have CDs. Luckily I don’t have to bring them in the car since the CD player rips cds. Great feature imho.
Appreciate 1
5.M0NSTER3353.50
      03-11-2020, 08:27 AM   #34
FreeDarko
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moflow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by m2luvr View Post
I still have CDs. Luckily I don’t have to bring them in the car since the CD player rips cds. Great feature imho.
The M2c CD player can rip the CDs and store it on the hard drive?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2020, 09:08 AM   #35
Moflow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeDarko View Post
The M2c CD player can rip the CDs and store it on the hard drive?
Yup! And you can copy stuff from a flash drive, if you’d prefer. I believe you hit the “option” button when you’re playing the cd, though it’s been a while since I ripped all my cds, so I could be misremembering how to do it.
Appreciate 1
FreeDarko217.00
      03-11-2020, 06:23 PM   #36
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

It will rip CDs, but don't expect a very high bitate.
Appreciate 0