BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > Oil Change easy

02-22-2021, 11:58 PM   #1
Kondour
Rep
Drives: 88 325IS, 20 M2C

Oil Change easy

Today performed oil change on Helgahh.

Purchased Helgahh from Carmax with 3300 miles now has 7140, was told that an oil change was performed but unlikely by the color and condition of oil filter. Oil filter was an oem BMW branded mann oil filter and I doubt they went OEM with parts. Oil change was very simple as a second owner, oil changes and other minimal mx isnt performed by dealer. Oil filter housing torqued to 25NM and drain plug torqued to 20NM. Helgahh is happy and satisfied with her oil changed. Pic attached with a smile. Race ramps were a life saver as I was able to access bottom of vehicle.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-23-2021, 12:47 AM   #2
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kondour View Post
Today performed oil change on Helgahh.

Purchased Helgahh from Carmax with 3300 miles now has 7140, was told that an oil change was performed but unlikely by the color and condition of oil filter. Oil filter was an oem BMW branded mann oil filter and I doubt they went OEM with parts. Oil change was very simple as a second owner, oil changes and other minimal mx isnt performed by dealer. Oil filter housing torqued to 25NM and drain plug torqued to 20NM. Helgahh is happy and satisfied with her oil changed. Pic attached with a smile. Race ramps were a life saver as I was able to access bottom of vehicle.
Nice job!

But you under torqued the drain bolt, it is also supposed to be 25 NM.
      02-23-2021, 12:51 AM   #3
Kondour
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Nice job!

But you under torqued the drain bolt, it is also supposed to be 25 NM.
I'll head back and re-torque to 25nm. Thank you. Been a headache since tis went anti self repair/mx
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2021, 12:52 AM   #4
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kondour View Post
I'll head back and re-torque to 25nm. Thank you. Been a headache since tis went anti self repair/mx
No problem. It is better under torqued than over torqued and stripped out though, so nothing to worry about.

You can get ISTA (dealer software) which is what new tis was based off of. Then you won't ever have to second guess.
      02-23-2021, 01:45 AM   #5
Kondour
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
No problem. It is better under torqued than over torqued and stripped out though, so nothing to worry about.

You can get ISTA (dealer software) which is what new tis was based off of. Then you won't ever have to second guess.
Thank you! Super helpful
Appreciate 0