10-24-2021, 06:11 PM   #1
shaneguags
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Big Turbo BMW M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [9.42]
Hey guys, so I'm looking to potentially upgrade my adaptive pre LCI xenon headlights to OEM LCI retrofitted OSS Design LED headlights but had questions about the install. Since he has OEM LCI retrofitted headlights, doesn't that mean I still have to buy the Control Unit For Front Light Electronics, LED Daytime Running Light Modules, and LED headlight fans. Does anyone know if these are needed or if it's just plug and play ?

Thanks, Shane
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 01:56 AM   #2
///M TOWN
United_States
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.82]
At the very least you'll have to code in the (LED) LCI lights and beyond that I'm not exactly 💯 but I think you're golden

If I was liquored up and I had to throw the dice…🎲🎲 I'd bet you were good beyond specific coding… 😎
      10-25-2021, 10:31 AM   #3
shaneguags
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [9.42]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
At the very least you'll have to code in the (LED) LCI lights and beyond that I'm not exactly 💯 but I think you're golden

If I was liquored up and I had to throw the dice…🎲🎲 I'd bet you were good beyond specific coding… 😎
update: apparently I need new modules which I would need to swap into my pre-LCI headlights which is easy. the main issue like you said, is acquiring a coding cable (which isn't being sold anymore) so I don't think this will work unless I find one for sale or a someone who can code this. I called a lot of shops and none know how to code this unfortunately but I contacted MSS and ESS to see if they have any coding software for sale 🙏
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 11:49 AM   #4
///M TOWN
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.82]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaneguags View Post
Quote:

update: apparently I need new modules which I would need to swap into my pre-LCI headlights which is easy. the main issue like you said, is acquiring a coding cable (which isn't being sold anymore) so I don't think this will work unless I find one for sale or a someone who can code this. I called a lot of shops and none know how to code this unfortunately but I contacted MSS and ESS to see if they have any coding software for sale 🙏
Amazon has them

Just make sure you have a windows laptop with a RJ45 internet plug otherwise get a USB version
      10-25-2021, 11:51 AM   #5
shaneguags
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [9.42]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Amazon has them

Just make sure you have a windows laptop with a RJ45 internet plug otherwise get a USB version
for the modules or the coding cable ?
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 11:52 AM   #6
///M TOWN
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.82]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Amazon has them

The coding cable

You cannot find the modules?
      10-25-2021, 11:54 AM   #7
shaneguags
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [9.42]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Amazon has them

The coding cable

ah okay, and I think I found them but not sure if they are the right ones. I'm confused haha. also, would a local shop know the coding or would I have to find someone specific for this ?
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 01:08 PM   #8
///M TOWN
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.82]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Amazon has them

The coding cable

ah okay, and I think I found them but not sure if they are the right ones. I'm confused haha. also, would a local shop know the coding or would I have to find someone specific for this ?
I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure you can code it in with BimmerCode

You just need a Bluetooth OBD2 connector, and the app itself from the App Store
      10-27-2021, 08:12 PM   #9
ZPrime
I INDIC8
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2, 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [9.50]
As I mentioned on Facebook, the plugs / connectors are likely different, and there may be different wiring involved. This isn't normally a simple "swap some stuff around" installation. If you haven't done all of the research first, I wouldn't blow any money until you truly understand what is involved.
I'm also a fan of aural pleasure.
Appreciate 2
shaneguags1188.00
///M TOWN16235.00