BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > My Buddy Drove His E46 M3 Off A Cliff - VIDEO!!!!

Closed Thread

06-12-2013, 03:36 AM   #265
thefox456
Rep
Drives: M3 E93

This accident is totally the driver's fault especially when driving a sport car Under the influence, in 0:42 of the video you can see how he is turning the steering Wheel like if he was flying and the reaction on his face when the car starts sliding, he was acting normal so driving Under influence of something either alcohol or smoke results this video so be careful out there and glad he made it alive.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2013, 06:50 AM   #266
Lucky1
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 128i Coupe SGM 6MT

Garage List
Good to know BMW's don't discriminate on whose life they save. Doubt that would have been much comfort to the other driver had there been a collision.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2013, 07:11 AM   #267
JoeKixxon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Sakhir Orange on Black

This video is on Good Morning America today!

My favorite show. Really.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2013, 07:42 AM   #268
Never Convicted
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefox456 View Post
This accident is totally the driver's fault especially when driving a sport car Under the influence, in 0:42 of the video you can see how he is turning the steering Wheel like if he was flying and the reaction on his face when the car starts sliding, he was acting normal so driving Under influence of something either alcohol or smoke results this video so be careful out there and glad he made it alive.
And I heard he hates dogs and is mean to old people too.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2013, 07:46 AM   #269
dos
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKixxon View Post
This video is on Good Morning America today!

My favorite show. Really.
Dumb and Dumber

I don't know who's dumber here, the "friend" OP for posting the video or the driver of the car. Start to expect some unwanted attention from your local law enforcement and the insurance company. Hey look on the bright side your Internet stars like you wanted to be, just universally hated Internet stars.

I would say hopefully the driver learned something from the wreck but I don't think he did just looking at his "tribute" video. That BMW didn't die doing what it loved to do, it died at the hands of an idiot that didn't know how to drive.
past 02 VW GTI
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2013, 08:34 AM   #270
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Seriously, the BMW, safe as it may be, didn't save his life. LUCK saved his life. The guy fell off a cliff. Crumple zones and airbags may help, but one wrong bounce and they're both dead, in any car. Don't take this lightly. For the love of God, don't let some ignorant idiots on here believe the car saved his life, so lets all believe you can drive a BMW off a cliff and live, no big deal. And before all the sarcasm, you know there are at least a few people reacting to this thinking, look how great my BMW is, I have nothing to fear. I hear people all time, intelligent, grown up people, with a false sense of security because their dumb luck has so far allowed them to get by without incident while doing dumb or careless things.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2013, 09:02 AM   #271
Disciple7
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
Seriously, the BMW, safe as it may be, didn't save his life. LUCK saved his life. The guy fell off a cliff. Crumple zones and airbags may help, but one wrong bounce and they're both dead, in any car. Don't take this lightly. For the love of God, don't let some ignorant idiots on here believe the car saved his life, so lets all believe you can drive a BMW off a cliff and live, no big deal. And before all the sarcasm, you know there are at least a few people reacting to this thinking, look how great my BMW is, I have nothing to fear. I hear people all time, intelligent, grown up people, with a false sense of security because their dumb luck has so far allowed them to get by without incident while doing dumb or careless things.
Yes but BMW still makes extremely safe cars for their occupants. Would I like to find out by driving off a cliff? No....
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2013, 09:36 AM   #272
E90Mario
Brigadier General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: ESS E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADRQ0811 View Post
Thank god he is alive that's all that matters at this point you can always buy another car but you can't buy a life
Very true..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADRQ0811 View Post
And I might add why does everyone have to call the guy in the video names ..what none of you have ever drive fast on a canyon run not that I'm saying its okay but he made a mistake I don't know him but I'm pretty sure he didn't mean to go off the cliff he just judged it wrong we all make mistakes no one is perfect
Thank you for your positive comment, I'll pass them on to the driver. Not saying what my friend did isn't wrong. It is. But everyone acts like saints, like no one has ever pushed their car. He didn't die and he didn't kill anyone, he didn't injure himself and he didn't injure anyone else. He wrecked HIS car. Not any one else's car but his own car. Could he have injured someone? Yes. Could he have killed someone? Yes. But he didn't, and he has learned from his mistake. I'm not trying to defend him here, he uploaded the video he deserves the criticism you know? But for people to stalk his Facebook, post his address, and wish he was dead is a little too far..

The top comment on youtube yesterday was a guy ranting on how stupid doing a canyon run is and going over a double yellow line when his own channel is full of motorcycle canyon runs over taking cars at 80mph on double yellow lines. Everyone is going to forget about this in a couple weeks, just a bunch of judgmental people who I don't blame at all for making their day a little more entertaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
exactly. There was another thread where a guy was getting sideways on a sidestreet while pulling out of a meet.. But everyone was praising him saying how he's such an awesome driver. Everyone needs to calm down.
Thank you for that Trevor, I saw that aswell. Very nice car too. Didn't want to point my fingers at someone else to take the heat off my friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefox456 View Post
I don't know whats going on here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Convicted View Post
And I heard he hates dogs and is mean to old people too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dos View Post
Dumb and Dumber

I don't know who's dumber here, the "friend" OP for posting the video or the driver of the car. Start to expect some unwanted attention from your local law enforcement and the insurance company. Hey look on the bright side your Internet stars like you wanted to be, just universally hated Internet stars.

I would say hopefully the driver learned something from the wreck but I don't think he did just looking at his "tribute" video. That BMW didn't die doing what it loved to do, it died at the hands of an idiot that didn't know how to drive.
The "friend" which is me REPOSTED the video. The driver posted it online. There is a big difference here. I shared the video, not uploaded it. I shared the video so it would have a story behind it and not just any other video online with no info. We all knew it was going to go viral. I shared it so judgmental morons like you wouldn't point the finger at the wrong person. Unfortunately I guess that didn't work..

If for any reason I was in my friend's shoes, there would be no video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula M View Post

Utterly reckless driving and he should've served jail time to think about how much danger he was placing "OTHER" motorists.

Additionally, that kid shouldn't get his license back, until he volunteers w/ emergency roadside crew for a year. He needs to learn what death is, so he can respect life.
I think jail time is a little severe for not insuring anyone but himself, I can let you know that he has learned his lesson.

However, I think your suggestion of volunteering is not a bad idea at all. Thanks, I will pass that onto the driver..
      06-12-2013, 11:09 AM   #273
phx08
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MKV Jetta

Thanks for the replies, OP.

I lost a good friend because some idiot was driving too fast (Similar to this) on a narrow road and hit him head on.

So things like this PISS the hell off. There could have been a car there, someones friend, father, mother, daughter, son...you get the point.

Life is precious, we don't need dumbasses trying to take ours.

Edit: Sorry for language.

Last edited by phx08; 06-12-2013 at 11:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2013, 11:23 AM   #274
E90Mario
Brigadier General
Lebanon
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by phx08 View Post
Thanks for the replies, OP.

I lost a good friend because some idiot was driving too fast (Similar to this) on a narrow road and hit him head on.

So things like this PISS the hell off. There could have been a car there, someones friend, father, mother, daughter, son...you get the point.

Life is precious, we don't need dumbasses trying to take ours.
No, thank you for your post PHX and voicing your opinion,

I completely understand where you are coming from, many of my personal friends have passed in automobile accidents over the years. Some being at fault, some not. It's never easy..

There very much could have been a family innocently driving down that road, and I cannot express how thankful we all are that there wasn't..
      06-12-2013, 11:41 AM   #275
termigni
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: S2000, MacanS, M4CS

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
F*ng idiot. you should've died. hope you don't drive like that ever again on open public roads.

2018 ///M2 LCI, Metallic Orange, 6MT, Exec Pkg, Apple.. Sold

Instagram: Tommys911
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2013, 11:42 AM   #276
991brothers
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT3 RS

I see that his traction control was off. Freakin scary....
2022 BMW M5 Competition - 2016 GT3 RS UltraViolet -2018 GT3 Chalk - 2016 GT3 Lava - 2015 GT3 Guards Red - 2018 Audi RS7 - 2016 F80 M3 - 2015 GT3 Black - 2015 GT3 Carrara White - 2016 991.1 GTS - 2012 997.2 GTS Cabriolet - 2011 E92 M3 - 2006 E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2013, 12:03 PM   #277
m3anAPPLE
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB E90 M3

Thank God he's still alive! I definitely won't be sharing this video with wifey.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2013, 12:25 PM   #278
ADM5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '01 E39 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by termigni View Post
F*ng idiot. you should've died. hope you don't drive like that ever again on open public roads.
I think saying someone should have died is a bit much man. He's a young guy, he messed up, and I hope he takes it as an eye-opening learning experience. Some people have common sense; others need to get kicked in the face first to realize what they're doing is stupid.

We can be thankful that nobody was seriously injured, take it as a huge wake up call/learning experience, and move on. Calling him an idiot is one thing (and true), saying he should have died is another...

It's not like we all haven't done something stupid either; maybe not "drive off a cliff stupid" but close.

You're right though, I hope the OP's buddy doesn't drive like that on public roads ever again either. It should be a lesson learned for everyone and I appreciate the OP for posting this even though he knew his buddy would get flamed. It's a reminder for all of us who have these amazing cars that ultimately it's what's between the seat and wheel that matters.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2013, 12:38 PM   #279
Lorde
Ya ya ya, I am Lorde, ya ya!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, 2015 SQ5

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2013, 12:46 PM   #280
Rob@StrasseWheels
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW G80 M3 Comp

WOW! That was horrible!!

@Strasse_Robert | (786)701-3649 | Robert@StrasseWheels.com | www.StrasseWheels.com
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2013, 12:46 PM   #281
ADM5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '01 E39 M5

Sweet drift park job at 2:33.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2013, 03:03 PM   #282
e92m3allday
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by termigni View Post
....... are you asking to get banned?

Sorry you had such high expectations of the world and its billions of people who are all perfect in every dimension. To wish death upon someone for their mistake only exposes the fact that you have issues within yourself. As much as I want to, I can't sit here and call you a douche-bag and an asshole, because then I would just be hypocritical. So I'll say this: For someone who is quite obviously NOT perfect, you do a great job of being empathetic.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2013, 03:30 PM   #283
Someone?
Perception is King
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

You know some of you F N idiots act like this wasnt one of the biggest mistakes this Kid Ever made, He knows it was, He lost A lot, SO Real Nice To keep Kickn Someone while there Down, You guys are real good people. What you think this kid isn't Regretting every day, Well he is. And wishn he Died? Grow up you stupid ass.
You should look in the F N Mirror, You pack of Angels.
      06-12-2013, 03:40 PM   #284
Lorde
Ya ya ya, I am Lorde, ya ya!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, 2015 SQ5

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]
Alright, i'm calling it. The M3-Rizona Curse (or you just drive worth shit).

Anyone remember this Gem? Also, in Arizona.

E46s BEWARE the Grand Canyon State!

Edit: DAT MOMENT!

Appreciate 0
      06-12-2013, 04:07 PM   #285
E90Mario
Brigadier General
Lebanon
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92m3allday View Post
....... are you asking to get banned?

Sorry you had such high expectations of the world and its billions of people who are all perfect in every dimension. To wish death upon someone for their mistake only exposes the fact that you have issues within yourself. As much as I want to, I can't sit here and call you a douche-bag and an asshole, because then I would just be hypocritical. So I'll say this: For someone who is quite obviously NOT perfect, you do a great job of being empathetic.
Thank you very much for this post. I understand my friend is subject to criticism and we've accepted that, but posts where people wish death upon someone else is extreme for a situation of this nature.

I personally could not find the right words to reply to him and remain civilized at the same time; so it would be best if I didn't reply at all.

I could not have said what you said any better. My friend made a mistake and he has learned his lesson..

Thank you again for your post, I truly appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmike View Post
You know some of you F N idiots act like this wasnt one of the biggest mistakes this Kid Ever made, He knows it was, He lost A lot, SO Real Nice To keep Kickn Someone while there Down, You guys are real good people. What you think this kid isn't Regretting every day, Well he is. And wishn he Died? Grow up you stupid ass.
You should look in the F N Mirror, You pack of Angels.
Thank you Mike, like I said before he is subject to criticism and we all accept that, but someone posting a picture of him and his family, a link to his profile (reported it and has been removed I won't say who), and wishing death upon him is a little much.

Thanks again buddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snig View Post
Alright, i'm calling it. The M3-Rizona Curse (or you just drive worth shit).

Anyone remember this Gem? Also, in Arizona.
Have mutual friends with this guy, he drives a mustang 5.0 now.
      06-12-2013, 04:08 PM   #286
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamspeed View Post
Frankly, what the driver does is his own business IF what he does doesn't endanger others ....

Just sayin
so driving like that on the wrong side of the road is not endangering others? what if YOU were driving the opposite direction and he took both of you off the cliff?

Just sayin
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread