BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > ♛ OFFICIAL ♛ HEX Tuning BMW ///M2 ECU Software Release

Closed Thread

02-19-2018, 06:04 PM   #243
///cbrash
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f80 M3

VF Engineering video

Made a video describing my experience! Forgive my editing if it isn't the best haha

02-19-2018, 07:33 PM   #244
TT1351
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135, GTS, E30 M3+

Well done, I liked it.
Appreciate 1
///cbrash226.50
      02-20-2018, 07:27 PM   #245
TT1351
Captain
Rep

Finally had a break in the weather, the snow melted and the streets pretty much salt free from yesterday's rain. So I finally had a chance to take my Stage 2 Hex tune (AA Intercooler, and charge pipe, Fabspeed 200 cell DP) for a whirl. Love it, drives like stock until you mash the peddle and all hell breaks loose. Gobs of power, all kinds of insane burbles dribbling out the tips of my MPE. Will be adding a turbo inlet pipe when I have the time, the M2 is a screamer now. Thanks VFE!
Appreciate 4
      02-20-2018, 08:40 PM   #246
R0ME0
"The Midas Touch"
Rep
Drives: F87 LBB ///M2

Garage List
2017 M2  [10.00]
2008 Z4M - SOLD  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1351 View Post
Finally had a break in the weather, the snow melted and the streets pretty much salt free from yesterday's rain. So I finally had a chance to take my Stage 2 Hex tune (AA Intercooler, and charge pipe, Fabspeed 200 cell DP) for a whirl. Love it, drives like stock until you mash the peddle and all hell breaks loose. Gobs of power, all kinds of insane burbles dribbling out the tips of my MPE. Will be adding a turbo inlet pipe when I have the time, the M2 is a screamer now. Thanks VFE!
Which turbo inlet pipe you getting?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2018, 08:49 PM   #247
Orange fever
Colonel
Thailand
Rep
Drives: E36M,E46M,E90M,X5M,i3,M2,i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0ME0 View Post
Which turbo inlet pipe you getting?
think there's only one out there

BMW I12 i8 Frozen Yellow- H&R springs, 22" Radenergie F10 Monoblock Forged ///
F87 M2 Aw -Vorsteiner Aero Kit, VFF-107,Macht Schnell-Springs,VF-Engineering/Hex tuning Stage Two,ER DP,Stock Exhaust,Drop-In Bmc Filter,AA Intercooler,FTP Charge pipe+boost pipe/// Wish list :Mexico delivery 2024 BMW M2 (G87)
Appreciate 1
NO_USER_537.50
      02-21-2018, 04:52 AM   #248
TT1351
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange fever View Post
AFAIK, I think you right, Pure Turbo inlet pipe I believe is the only one out there for these cars.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2018, 12:41 PM   #249
djacts
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
AFAIK, I think you right, Pure Turbo inlet pipe I believe is the only one out there for these cars.
the pure inlet is a mod to the stock turbor side charge pipe, you cut the stock pipe, attach the pure inlet and then install. evolution race works makes a turbo side pipe so u can replace the the whole pipe, not modify the stock pipe. this gives u the bigger diameter and better flow on the whole pipe. this is the route I went. connect with Mike at extreme powerhouse, he will hook u up. when u search in their site it's not easy to find for some reason but it's there.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2018, 02:14 PM   #250
Gimmethecash
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Comp

Kind of answering my own question above about supported OS version, but it *looks* like the software will work with Windows 7.

Hardware/OS check passed & didn't complain:

Wondering if I should be concerned about the check for software updates, but this is right after initial install so I would expect to have the latest and not to have a list of updates (I clicked on the "Check for software updates on the internet" link):

Appreciate 0
      02-21-2018, 02:22 PM   #251
Orange fever
Colonel
Thailand
Rep
Drives: E36M,E46M,E90M,X5M,i3,M2,i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacts View Post
the pure inlet is a mod to the stock turbor side charge pipe, you cut the stock pipe, attach the pure inlet and then install. evolution race works makes a turbo side pipe so u can replace the the whole pipe, not modify the stock pipe. this gives u the bigger diameter and better flow on the whole pipe. this is the route I went. connect with Mike at extreme powerhouse, he will hook u up. when u search in their site it's not easy to find for some reason but it's there.
think you're confusing the charge pipe with the inter pipe. Never knew ER made that part do you have a link?

BMW I12 i8 Frozen Yellow- H&R springs, 22" Radenergie F10 Monoblock Forged ///
F87 M2 Aw -Vorsteiner Aero Kit, VFF-107,Macht Schnell-Springs,VF-Engineering/Hex tuning Stage Two,ER DP,Stock Exhaust,Drop-In Bmc Filter,AA Intercooler,FTP Charge pipe+boost pipe/// Wish list :Mexico delivery 2024 BMW M2 (G87)
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2018, 02:42 PM   #252
velociti
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
I thought the turbo inlet pipe didn't offer any gains on the stock turbo? I was under the impression it made a 20hp+ difference on a Pure Stage 2, but effectively nothing on the stocker.
Appreciate 1
      02-21-2018, 03:47 PM   #253
TT1351
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooke1972 View Post
No gains but it should help a lot with the duty cycle. Also who has actually done this install besides having a shop do the install? I would like to do this mod but want to know the difficulty level.
I heard it's a PITA, but what isn't these days. I will let you know when i get to it, the real issue is lack of space, but like anything else its doable.
Appreciate 1
      02-21-2018, 09:03 PM   #254
NO_USER_
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
think you're confusing the charge pipe with the inter pipe. Never knew ER made that part do you have a link?
He is, confusing it with the Turbo to Intercooler pipe (TIC). Only PURE makes a turbo inlet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacts View Post
That's incorrect. ER makes a turbo to intercooler pipe only, I've had it before. I also have the PURE Turbo inlet, two completely different components as the turbo inlet connects the turbo INLET to the air intake. The ER part you're referring to connects the turbo OUTLET to the intercooler (hot side).

Quote:
No gains but it should help a lot with the duty cycle. Also who has actually done this install besides having a shop do the install? I would like to do this mod but want to know the difficulty level.
I installed it myself, PITA! lol car was down for 2 days because it was so frustrating (at the same time installing hot and cold side charge pipes AND ER intercooler which requires the bumper to be removed, I now have Wagner!). Having the right tools helps a bunch, and definitely install it piece by piece, take it apart. Mine got stuck in a wireloom near the turbo (probably diverter valve/wastegate related harness) almost wanted to cry LOL....the clamp has threads that stick out WAY TO FAR. Honestly, one should cut the excess threads off before installing, it'd make it way easier, still a little difficult. So be prepared to TAKE YOUR TIME, don't trip. There's a text only guide on another forum.

Quote:
I heard it's a PITA, but what isn't these days. I will let you know when i get to it, the real issue is lack of space, but like anything else its doable.
It is LOL....the hardest part I've installed on the entire car, and I'm FBO...installed everything myself at home with some BS $100 Stanley tool kit. Anything is possible right haha...

Last edited by NO_USER_; 02-21-2018 at 09:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2018, 09:15 PM   #255
NO_USER_
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Tehboost do you feel it was worth the effort? Could you tell any difference? I want to do the pure stage 2 anyway..
At the same time I installed the charge pipes (hot and cold side) and intercooler, so I couldn't tell you what the inlet directly did. But yes 100% worth the effort and low price, I think it's required for PS2 anyways, so I'd just wait till you do that and get it done together along with the diverter valve (I don't have that).
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2018, 04:14 AM   #256
Saphirschwarz
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2

Hi,
I am VERY interested in your product!
I live in Belgium and I 've got an M2 coming up, do you plan opening a shop a lil closer than UK ?
Julien
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2018, 08:24 AM   #257
TT1351
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphirschwarz View Post
Hi,
I live in Belgium and I 've got an M2 coming up, do you plan opening a shop a lil closer than UK ?
Julien
Do the OBD Flash, no shop required!
Appreciate 1
      02-22-2018, 11:09 AM   #258
VF-Engineering
Major
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphirschwarz View Post
Hi,
Julien

Hey Julien,

As TT1351 just mentioned, this is a product that you can purchase
and install yourself, without needing the support of a workshop.

We offer .pdf instructions that are very detailed, as well as remote
log-in support if you happen to run into any issues (which is unlikely).

HEX Flash Programming Cables are in stock & typically ship same-day.
The reading process takes approx. 10-15 minutes, and the flashing
process is equally quick.

After that you simply drive and enjoy!

Appreciate 0
      02-22-2018, 11:17 AM   #259
Lukeni
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Is it possible to flash your file via mhd?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2018, 11:18 AM   #260
VF-Engineering
Major
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeni View Post
Is it possible to flash your file via mhd?

No.

Appreciate 0
      02-22-2018, 07:44 PM   #261
djacts
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
you guys are right, got the pure inlet pipe mixed up with turbo side charge pipe. after reading your posts I ordered the pure inlet pipe today. once installed I'll have the fmic with both hot and cold side charge pipes, dv+ valve, pure inlet pipe, dp along with stage 2 tune. hoping the inlet pipe will be a noticeable mod with this setup.

liking the stage 2 tune so far, power delivery is excellent and drivability is just as good as stock.

would love to look into a pure turbo upgrade, hoping vf engineering will offer a tune to support it soon. after what I've experienced with my hex stage 2 and read about other tuners would love to stick with VF if possible.
Appreciate 2
      03-01-2018, 01:52 AM   #262
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, LBB, DCT, Exec

Began the install today, did the first steps where you send the files to VF for them to verify and then send you back the tune but for whatever reasons my cheap Lenovo laptop didn't want to save the files in the regular location. Special thanks to VF staff for doing a couple of calls and even doing team-viewer on my laptop to try and figure this out. Ended up sending them a screen shot of the software so they can build my tune but I am a little concerned that I will have the information to return the car to stock ECU tune should I need to in the future so I will give them a call before I install the final tune. Might borrow a friends windows computer to see if it plays nicer. Sounded like my issue was a laptop issue more than anything else, very happy with the customer service so far.

Hopefully they can help to ensure I have the data to restore the car in the future if needed, one of their warnings in the warranty talks about it being the customers responsibility to maintain the data to restore their car's factory tune which makes sense and seems like a good precaution.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2018, 07:36 AM   #263
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehboost View Post
At the same time I installed the charge pipes (hot and cold side) and intercooler, so I couldn't tell you what the inlet directly did. But yes 100% worth the effort and low price, I think it's required for PS2 anyways, so I'd just wait till you do that and get it done together along with the diverter valve (I don't have that).
Yes - hi flow inlet is worthwhile IMHO - I had Pure hi flow inlet pipe on my M135i EWG - see post #34 below - taken from this bimmerpost thread.

Also photo below shows OE bore v Pure Hi flo bore

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=34

Hence, based on my experience with fettling my M135i's intake, my plan for my M2's intake is :-

OEM intake with AFE dry drop in + ER CP and TIC pipes + Pure hi flow pure and then either wagner evo 2 comp or CSF FMIC.

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 2
      03-01-2018, 10:41 AM   #264
Gimmethecash
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruettfan View Post
Began the install today, did the first steps where you send the files to VF for them to verify and then send you back the tune but for whatever reasons my cheap Lenovo laptop didn't want to save the files in the regular location. Special thanks to VF staff for doing a couple of calls and even doing team-viewer on my laptop to try and figure this out. Ended up sending them a screen shot of the software so they can build my tune but I am a little concerned that I will have the information to return the car to stock ECU tune should I need to in the future so I will give them a call before I install the final tune. Might borrow a friends windows computer to see if it plays nicer. Sounded like my issue was a laptop issue more than anything else, very happy with the customer service so far.

Hopefully they can help to ensure I have the data to restore the car in the future if needed, one of their warnings in the warranty talks about it being the customers responsibility to maintain the data to restore their car's factory tune which makes sense and seems like a good precaution.
I went through the same process - brand new cheap laptop straight out of the box, pulled the data from my ECU and saved the files, then had to go looking really hard to find them to upload them to VF on their form.

FWIW, they send back a stock file (that you flash first) and the tune file. I'm pretty sure the stock file is the one you flash back to if you want to uninstall the tune - I'm out of town but I'll be flashing when I'm home this weekend.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread