BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Caravan of BMW M2 spotted in San Francisco

07-06-2015, 02:03 PM   #89
gtaM2
Driver
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 BSM 6MT

do they normally paint the wheels black on a mule? or does this mean the wheels will be black? (hopefully not)
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2015, 02:10 PM   #90
fsfikke
Private
Rep
Drives: 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveslaine View Post
What city. And why would he not take interior pics? He needs to take higher quality and email it not send a text as it reduce's quality.

I would try opening the door and taking interior pics from there lol.

I wanna see if it has the actual m steering wheel with the most dct paddle shifters and m gear selector or not, would love to see if it has the m kombi and dash
How happy would you be if a random dude walked up to your car and tried to yank your doors open

The M2 is gonna be a great little car. The sound is awesome too

And no there's not gonna be an M2 GC anytime soon.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2015, 02:11 PM   #91
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtaM2 View Post
do they normally paint the wheels black on a mule? or does this mean the wheels will be black? (hopefully not)
Yes they do. Not sure if it's paint or tape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsfikke View Post
How happy would you be if a random dude walked up to your car and tried to yank your doors open

Agreed. That's going way too far.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2015, 02:14 PM   #92
fuddman
Major
Rep
Drives: 528-maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven1077 View Post
I only wish it looked like this
FWIW, Scott26, in one of his appearances on another site, said he saw a factory M2 painted completely in yellow. So, who knows what may happen.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2015, 02:18 PM   #93
IS3andME
Major
Rep
Drives: Lexus IS300

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtaM2 View Post
For the most part yes. M5/M6/M6 GC, M3/M4 and other mules tend to have black wheels. Sometimes, like the M4 GTS, you will see mismatched non black wheels. And on some of the 1M mules they used CSL type wheels (non black). And the F10 M5 used black BBS F1 type wheels.
It depends on the level of development and whether the car has already been released as well (M3/M4).
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2015, 02:22 PM   #94
motorchimp
I have Brimbo's
Rep
Drives: 135is, X3

They're just driving around trying to find gregthegr8
      07-06-2015, 02:29 PM   #95
IS3andME
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
WRONG. DEAD WRONG. COULD NOT BE MORE WRONG.

you just said it yourself...

BMW is about making money... and there is a market for an M2 GC... and their competitors are making models that are selling like hot cakes... which means that BMW will do what they can to ... ( yes... make more money!) and make a 2 series Gran Coupe.

When it comes to " making a new body" .. that's the easy part now..

have you noticed that's why BMW can make things like 5 Series GT... 3 series GT.. 2 series tourer.. 4 series gran coupe.. lots of models on one platform!

It doesn't cost a lot to make a new body on the new platform .. So... Since you are so confident the bean counters will rule.. are you now going to say that those bean counters will intentionally NOT find another reason to make another chassis and another way to make more MONEY ?

the 2017 1 series will be one thing... however.... that does not mean that a 2017 2 Series sedan couldn't be an entirely different thing...
Then they would first come out with a 2GC...and remember BMW doesn't want to steal sales from its LCI 3 series with a smaller, more nimbler sedan, that comes with the SAME engines.
And remember M gives input into all future chassis (RWD I am guessing), because they will (or still are) developing the M models side by side.
So, with the idea of coming out with a M2GC with no 2 series GC makes no viable sense from a financial stand point, when you have NO car to base it off of. Think of all the tooling, engineering, developing a new body just for a limited 4 door "coupe" sedan that only comes in an flavor.
And is there a market for it? Are you talking about the people who SAY that they would buy it, or the people who WILL buy it?

Hell, if BMW actually did this, then there would be ZERO excuse for BMW Motorrad to not develop a 600CC Sport Bike.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2015, 02:34 PM   #96
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

Anyone recall when M3/4 pics were leaked prior to its reveal? I think it was a week ahead but it might have been even sooner. If so that means we'll be seeing final reveal in about two months. This car has been talked and rumored about for so long it's become enigmatic. It's strange yet exciting that it's finally coming to fruition.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2015, 02:37 PM   #97
TunedM2C
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2

Should look good in white.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-06-2015, 02:42 PM   #98
Advevo
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, E30 M3 DTM

I think i might have some info about the roof

The M2 gets a carbon roof. Lets hope so.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2015, 02:48 PM   #99
tke743
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: LBB M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsfikke View Post

Yes, but we can dream, can't we.

I love my M235i, but I really didn't (and don't) want a coupe. I tested the other 4 doors (Golf R (euro rental), CLA45 AMG, S3). After these tests (coming from a ZHP) the M235i was the car and I've dealt with the coupe thing.

I even tested the 435i GC, 335i, M3, M4 and the S4 (all too big for my tastes).

In my mind M235i < M2 < M235i GC < M2 GC

So there is a segment for these.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2015, 02:51 PM   #100
s3baman
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: Toyota Corolla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advevo View Post
I think i might have some info about the roof

The M2 gets a carbon roof. Lets hope so.
Source?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2015, 04:22 PM   #101
E90.V8
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 M3 ZCP

saw one in Downtown Palo Alto on Friday!
      07-06-2015, 04:34 PM   #102
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS3andME View Post
Then they would first come out with a 2GC...and remember BMW doesn't want to steal sales from its LCI 3 series with a smaller, more nimbler sedan, that comes with the SAME engines.
And remember M gives input into all future chassis (RWD I am guessing), because they will (or still are) developing the M models side by side.
So, with the idea of coming out with a M2GC with no 2 series GC makes no viable sense from a financial stand point, when you have NO car to base it off of. Think of all the tooling, engineering, developing a new body just for a limited 4 door "coupe" sedan that only comes in an flavor.
And is there a market for it? Are you talking about the people who SAY that they would buy it, or the people who WILL buy it?

Hell, if BMW actually did this, then there would be ZERO excuse for BMW Motorrad to not develop a 600CC Sport Bike.
Agree with you on BMW AG and it's insanity when it comes to clinging to the luxury sport sedan crown and trying not to hurt any 3/4 series sales.

See my post 83 for your clarification..

Apparently BMW AG ... didn't immediately see a reason for a smaller sedan that comes with the same engines ..... too bad for BMW that Audi and Mercedes already have.. when BMW could have actually led this market segment again..... since BMW dominated it with the E30.. E36 and E46.... the only reason that BMW stopped dominating this segment is they left it by going upmarket without a replacement! ! ) ..

Amazingly.... every other manufacturer from has figured how to bring in smaller cars under their bread and butter models even when they moved them upmarket...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tke743 View Post
Yes, but we can dream, can't we.

I love my M235i, but I really didn't (and don't) want a coupe. I tested the other 4 doors (Golf R (euro rental), CLA45 AMG, S3). After these tests (coming from a ZHP) the M235i was the car and I've dealt with the coupe thing.

I even tested the 435i GC, 335i, M3, M4 and the S4 (all too big for my tastes).

In my mind M235i < M2 < M235i GC < M2 GC

So there is a segment for these.
Thank you sir!

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 07-06-2015 at 05:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2015, 04:36 PM   #103
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuddman View Post
FWIW, Scott26, in one of his appearances on another site, said he saw a factory M2 painted completely in yellow. So, who knows what may happen.
I don't recall SCOTT26 saying that. Further to the unveiling of the BMW 3.0 CSL Hommage last May, he commented:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
We may see an M2 model in Golf Yellow.
Feel free to post the link to your source.

As was posted before, AW, BSM, MG and LBB are the four factory colors for the first year of the M2 base version. Time will tell whether factory colors are added or replaced afterwards.

It still remains speculation, but Golf Yellow could be an option for the M2 CSL or M4 CSL, wouldn't it ? (2016 = 100 years BMW).

07-06-2015, 05:29 PM   #104
fuddman
Major
Rep
Drives: 528-maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
I don't recall SCOTT26 saying that. Feel free to post the link to your source.
For some reason, I can't get the link to post on this site.
Here's his quote - and it was under the yellow car I posted above.
"Seen a bright yellow M2 today" (3/27/15). Which I took to mean he could have touched it if he wanted to.
However, he could have meant he saw the bright yellow render of the M2. So, maybe I took it the wrong way. In any event, he thought enough of the color to bring it up.
Maybe he will materialize and explain what it was he saw. (file that under "fat chance.")
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2015, 05:30 PM   #105
IS3andME
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Agree with you on BMW AG and it's insanity when it comes to clinging to the luxury sport sedan crown and trying not to hurt any 3/4 series sales.

See my post 83 for your clarification..

Apparently BMW AG ... didn't immediately see a reason for a smaller sedan that comes with the same engines ..... too bad for BMW that Audi and Mercedes already have.. when BMW could have actually led this market segment again..... since BMW dominated it with the E30.. E36 and E46.... the only reason that BMW stopped dominating this segment is they left it by going upmarket without a replacement! ! ) ..

Amazingly.... every other manufacturer from has figured how to bring in smaller cars under their bread and butter models even when they moved them upmarket...

Thank you sir!
I agree with all your points. In fact, I think that there should have been a 2 GC and M2GC planned from the get go. But, BMW sees the future in an X2 based on the UKL chassis. Amazing how as you said, other car companies have figured out how to bring these models out that are under their bread and butter cars. But, you know BMW, ain't no car under the 3 is going to steal sales from it or its variants. Especially since they practically invented the segment.
No dogmas? Yeah, right.
Appreciate 2
      07-06-2015, 05:43 PM   #106
Advevo
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, E30 M3 DTM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3baman View Post
Source?
Can t say.

Lets just see what happens!
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2015, 05:48 PM   #107
tHrEwaROd6
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328xi

Saw this caravan of camo'd M2's while driving home from Moss Landing with my family on Sunday. Very cool!
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2015, 05:59 PM   #108
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuddman View Post
For some reason, I can't get the link to post on this site.
Here's his quote - and it was under the yellow car I posted above.
"Seen a bright yellow M2 today" (3/27/15). Which I took to mean he could have touched it if he wanted to.
However, he could have meant he saw the bright yellow render of the M2. So, maybe I took it the wrong way. In any event, he thought enough of the color to bring it up.
Maybe he will materialize and explain what it was he saw. (file that under "fat chance.")
I see now. You're referring to this post.
http://www.germancar forum.com/threads/bmw-m2-f22-spy-pics-info.51712/page-10#post-740206
(remove the space between "germancar" and "forum" in the hyperlink to bypass the link censoring)

As you assumed, he referred to the yellow M2 render (he even posted the pic):
"For what the 1er M Coupe is and I still have mine.
The car is basic but that's the appeal. You can only buy a 1er M Coupe nothing else. But in being basic it sticks to a formula that less is certainly more. It will be long remembered as one of the greatest M cars even though it was available for a very short period.
The M2 now addresses what they would have like to have done with the 1er M Coupe. So that means an additional options and far more attention to detail. Whether this matters depends on the customer but it will have more commercial appeal than the 1er M Coupe that is for sure.
The recipe stays the same in regards to being the Entry M car although it has new ingredients to play with. I expect the media will do back to back comparisons between M2 and 1er M Coupe to see if the progress has paid off.
Seen a bright yellow M2 today. This render is around 95% accurate from this position except for a bit more visual additions on the rear aerodynamics."
See also your earlier thread: http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1138652
      07-06-2015, 08:27 PM   #109
starbai
PPRSWCE
Guyana
Rep
Drives: 18 Tanzanite Blue F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS3andME View Post
The second black one has its sunroof open (tilt).
YESSS!!!!!
Appreciate 1
      07-06-2015, 08:49 PM   #110
audioMeth
BTC maxi
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3baman View Post
I think that BMW has done quite a good job at taking queues from the GT6 concept with the bumpers. I do however agree with you that they should have removed the hood line. I don't quite understand why we need to wait until the G platform. This could have been implemented as a mid cycle upgrade, timed with the release of the M2
i get why it wasn't a 1:1 of the GT6 concept, but man, that design is spectacular. it just may have replaced my lust for an e30 m3.
Appreciate 0