BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > Black Friday 2021 is on at AP Racing / Essex

11-11-2021, 01:09 PM   #1
jritt@essex
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: e90 335i, NSX, 997.2, 987.1

Black Friday 2021 is on at AP Racing / Essex

We'd like you to hop into your mental time machine for a moment, and rewind to the year 2017. Hurricanes ravaged the Southern USA, Lewis Hamilton won his fourth F1 title, and used Honda Civics weren't selling for $40,000! There was a lot going on, but at least the word Covid hadn't yet crept into our vernacular. That was the last time Essex raised prices on our AP Racing Brake Kits.

Today the world is even more upside down than most of us thought it was then. The pandemic has altered the economic landscape more than anything we can remember, and we've faced continuously spiraling costs ever since it began. Everything from brake discs, to the smallest fastener, to shipping, to a weakening US Dollar are conspiring to challenge our business. We have resisted passing on these mounting costs to our customers for as long as possible, but we can no longer maintain our legacy prices if we want to provide the same quality products and services our customers have come to expect.

On 12/11/21 at the conclusion of the sale period, we will be implementing a substantial price increase on our AP Racing by Essex Brake Kits (both Road and Competition) and 2-piece J Hook Disc Kits. We don't yet have a final number, but it will be somewhere in the ballpark of 10%. Also of note, Ferodo has raised their prices at least 5% across all brake pads for 2022 (more on some shapes), which we will be implementing January 1st.

However, from Monday 11/15 to Friday 12/10/21 we are offering one final opportunity to take advantage of our 2017 prices. We will also include free standard UPS ground shipping on all orders over $200 shipped to the CONUS (excluding Apex Wheels). Just enter the code "SHIPFREE" at checkout.

In summary, if you were thinking about purchasing one of our brake products, now is the time! Thank you very much for your continued support during these challenging times.

Sincerely,
Team Essex
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2021, 11:48 AM   #2
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

It's so tempting for me, but I need new brakes like a hole in the head since I only drive around on the street. And I like looking at the size of the big heavy discs. What's a full set run during this sale for someone who won't track very often? I live in Charlotte so no need to ship.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2021, 07:01 AM   #3
jritt@essex
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: e90 335i, NSX, 997.2, 987.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
It's so tempting for me, but I need new brakes like a hole in the head since I only drive around on the street. And I like looking at the size of the big heavy discs. What's a full set run during this sale for someone who won't track very often? I live in Charlotte so no need to ship.
It sounds like our Road Kits would be the choice for you if you want something that looks bad@ss and fills the wheels, while still being brutally effective. You can see the front/rear kits in the links below.

Front= https://www.essexparts.com/essex-des...p9562380mm-F80

Price during the sale period= $4399 + free shipping.
Price after the sale period= at least $4838.90 + shipping.

Rear= https://www.essexparts.com/essex-des...0mm-rear-F80M3

Price during the sale period= $4099 + free shipping.
Price after the sale period= at least $4508.90 + shipping.

So you're looking at about $1000 savings on a front/rear kit during the sale period.
In summary, the hole in your head will be considerably bigger if you wait until after the new year to purchase.

Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 08:13 PM   #4
grl.racr
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G87 M2, MK8 R, RS6 Avant

absolutely no regrets on my AP kit
Attached Images